Pregnant after IF

***3rd Tri Check-In Week of 6/13***

This is a weekly check in for the mommies who have made it to the 3rd trimester!!! If you are in week 28 or past, feel free to join in on the weekly fun.

If you're just joining us, please post a mini synopsis in your first post with your EDD, how many beans, if you know the sex(es) and how you have been feeling in your 3rd trimester along with any appointments you may have this week or had recently.

QOTW: Hospital bags... are they packed? What are you packing? Any advice from mommies who have packed them before?

If you have updated bump pics, please share! We love seeing these baby bellies!!! Or if you'd like to share a pic of your little one's nursery, feel free to share that cuteness as well!

3rd Trimester mommies and their little bundles:

@msbender129  EDD 06/15/16 team green
@DSTtots4lyfe EDD 06/17/16
@kaitielynnrichardson  EDD 06/17/16 with a little boy
@HBamama2B  EDD 06/17/16 with a little boy
@mechelita44  EDD 07/20/16 team green
@TerraMae80  EDD 08/04/16 with a little boy
@riveridgional  EDD 08/06/16 with a little boy
katie121209 EDD 08/19/16 with a little girl
emsmama15 EDD 8/29/16 with a litte girl and a little boy

Congratulations to @Binnie505 who’s little baby girl was born on June 5, 2016!!!

Re: ***3rd Tri Check-In Week of 6/13***

• TerraMae80TerraMae80 member
    edited June 2016
    Helloooooo ladies! 

So aside from my scare of listeria on Friday, Wyatt and I are doing great.  If I couldn't tell before, I can definitely tell that he is head down now. And his little rump is settled into my right rib cage. I can't believe I only have 7 more weeks to go (scheduled C-Section end of July). 

I have not packed my bag yet, but from my first hospital visit I am not nearly as stressed about it. The first visit I went all out and got new PJ's a robe, socks, breast pads, two breast feeding bras. Packed makeup hair stuff and didn't use any of it! This time around I am taking the PJ's I wear now, they are the most comfortable and will still fit after the baby. I will take the breastfeeding sports bras, just because they were so comfortable and the robe. Most of the time I laid in the hospital gown, it was just so much easier, especially after having a c-section.  Didn't once do my makeup or hair LOL 

What I would suggest is a charger for your phone, while I didn't read or play games on my phone, I stayed in touch with the outside world with my phone and it helped! Bring blankets for the baby,a comfy pillow for you (I'm bringing my maternity pillow for sure) a boppy for the baby, face wash for you, and toothbrush! The less you bring the easier it is to leave, trust me. I would prep your room/baby's room or wherever you are setting up to recoup with the baby for the first week or so. Lots of bottles, diapers, onsies (the zip up footie ones!), rock and play, pack and play, wipes, a sound machine (it works amazing for the baby to sleep through sounds he/she isn't used to yet), water and snacks for you, OH and don't forget the pad/panties! This time I am going to invest in getting the adult diapers, for real! I'd even take those to the hospital. 

OH and while you're at the hospital, USE EVERYTHING THEY GIVE YOU!!!! We took the receiving blankets, the onsies, the diapers and the bottles. You're paying for it, take advantage while you can!!!! It's OK to take them too, we didn't steal lol 

I will think of more and post. LOL 
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     (Loss Mentioned and Child Mentioned)
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic
    2014- Son born in May via IVF
    2015 - BFP number two via FET

• Oh and I can I share my son's big boy room now that we are setting up the crib for the baby in our room? I'll send pics of that once we get it all done. 

2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• Loading the player...
  • Hi all!!  Things are going well here.  I went a whole day last week with only one contraction!!  It was amazing and I felt great.  Today I had them frequently but never more than 4 an hour.  Ugh.  It's going to be a long 9 more weeks!  I'm 29 weeks today.  Babies were both above the 50th percentile on growth last week (85th and 75th percentile - of course that takes into account their way above average heads.  We have big heads on both sides.  Poor kids).  My OB took me out of work - in the unit: the tough, on your feet, running around stuff - last week, so I'm doing all administrative/office type work.  My manager was really understanding, as was my director, and both have projects they'd like me to work on, so I'm not worried I'll be able to eek out several more weeks of work before going on leave.  

QOTW: Not packed, but will pack nursing tanks, pajama pants, underwear in a size or two larger than normal (probably what I'm wearing now) and granny panty style to go over my c-section incision.  For babies, I'm bringing some onesies to put on them and some swaddle blankets.  My daughter had such sensitive skin, she reacted from all the hospital washed stuff.  I'll also bring my camera and video camera - my friend is going to videotape the birth since I have to have general anesthesia.  And a phone charger!!  And I'm sure I'll add to my list as it gets closer.  :)  
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Oh. And I'm getting pretty big. People keep saying I don't look like I'm pregnant with twins. Then I remind them I'm only 29 weeks!

• Hi ladies, 35 weeks this week! We saw the doctor yesterday, all still looks good! Baby is head down still and growing bigger every day :smile: We will have an ultrasound in a couple weeks to check the baby's size. Other than that, still dealing with the carpal tunnel which is inconvenient for sure but I'll live! Doc said it was just another weird pregnancy symptom.

We are are soooo close to wrapping up the baby's room. We were going to finish this past weekend but the furniture store apparently messed up and thought they sold us the last dresser... instead they told me that 'someone else must have purchased the same dresser at the same exact time' grr needless to say, someone else got the last dresser and we need to wait for the next shipment to come in next week. GRRRR!

QOTW: Need to start making a list of what to pack so thank you to everyone who has shared their packing lists / must haves! 

@TerraMae80 We are setting up the Baby's crib in our room too since we don't have a bassinet. Did you do that with your first too?
  • Here's my 34 week picture

• This past weekend was the first time I was not in love with being pregnant. Trying to tape, clean, and paint the trim was a hassle this past weekend. Especially when our AC wasn't working Friday. Luckily, it was just frozen and back to normal by mid-Saturday morning. I'm pretty sure my husband thought I was exaggerating my grunts when moving and getting up and heavy breathing. Nope, if anything, I was trying to muffle it, so he wouldn't make me stop. We've definitely made progress moving back in to the house but there's a lot more to do! I have much respect for those women who actually move everything to a new house while pregnant.

My foot swelling has gotten a little out of control. I need to make time to go for a walk during the day, but the weather has not been cooperating with my schedule! Besides that, my belly is growing at an astonishing rate and so is the scale. I've gained 4 pounds in a week and a half. I'm kinda anxious to see what my OB has to say, but I'm not eating any differently than I was before. Yes, I could definitely eat a little healthier, but I've been just as unhealthy this entire time ! ;) I've also been having some contractions and the baby's movements have been quite powerful to the point they are actually hurting regularly. I'm going to bring that up at my appt on Thursday. 

My husband took the dresser out of the box, and it came fully assembled. So, yay, we have a fully assembled piece of furniture in the nursery! We also took all the parts for the crib (with changing table attachment) out of the box and have them leaning on the walls. Coming from the person who doesn't have to put it together, it doesn't look like it'll be as bad as I expected. I'm hoping my hubs gets to put it together this week!

I'm also getting really excited for my baby shower on Saturday and to see my out of town sister-in-laws who are throwing it for me wit my sister. I miss them (I got really lucky with the women my brothers chose)!

QOTW: I'm loving this question for the tips! I'm pretty lost on what to pack but recently bought some nursing bras and a nightgown that kinda looks like a dress that I can wear after delivering and while they're still checking down there. It has a few buttons at the top to allow for easy nursing. 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
    Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
    Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
    One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"
  • Following this GD diet has been so annoying but thankfully I'm able to control my sugar through the diet alone, and I measured right at 30 weeks at my 30 week appt. We still haven't gotten the crib for our nursery yet (holding out hopes it will be purchased by family for next weeks shower) but otherwise everything else is ready for the nursery! We still need to hang all the decor but I love how the paint color turned out. 
    Love all the tips on the hospital bag. Are you all packing the diaper bag also to be ready with baby's things? 

• TerraMae80TerraMae80 member
    edited June 2016
    @mechelita44 We actually used the rock n play with Noah. It has an incline and helped with his reflux. He slept in that until he hit the weight limit and then we moved him to the pack and play and then I think when he hit a year we finally put him in the crib. LOL

With this one if there are no reflux issues, we'll be using the crib only. 
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• I just came home from a rough day at work to find my husband hard at work building our crib and changer combo. I'm so excited!!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• @riveridgional  I understand how you feel, it's getting pretty hard to be mobile lately. I tried to weed our gardens a few weeks ago and it was nearly impossible to get on all fours and reach over to pull out a weed. Just paint that mental picture! I tried to sit on my butt and just nudge my way to the next patch, but that was exhausting! I feel useless! Sleeping is getting harder and harder --- between being uncomfortable, hot, needing to pee, and dealing with the carpal tunnel in my hands, I think I am awake every 45 minutes which leads to me needing a nap pretty much every day when I get home from work. BUT I am so grateful to be pregnant that I will take it all, especially since we are so close to meeting our little nugget! Only 5 more weeks until Baby's due date :smile:  Can't wait to meet him or her!!!!
  • Oh! And I've been an emotional wreck lately! Last night I cried simultaneously because I was sad about being hot and tired, then we found a mouse in the house (eww), meanwhile also happy because my husband was so in awe and so sweet about how big our baby's hand is getting --- I use the Ovia Pregnancy app which every week shows how big your baby's hand is. Me = emotional basket case lately!
  • @riveridgional I have the same crib! So exciting. 

@mechelita44 I've been telling my mom and friends that just talking about crying will make me cry. I am an emotional mess lately. UGH
    2003- M/C twins
    2006 - ectopic

• @mechelita44 - my daughter has been a little devil at daycare drop-off every day this week - except the day daddy took her when she was sweet as can be.  She cried all the way to school today because she wanted applesauce and after asking her five times and being told NO, I didn't have the foresight to know she'd change her mind.  By the time we got to school, I was also crying.  When she screamed and clung to my leg in her pre-school room, I just started bawling.  The hormones are ridiculous!!
  • Congratulations!  He's beautiful!
  • @kaitielynnrichardson Congratulations!!! He is adorable! So happy for you and your little family :smile:
    Me 30 || DH 36
    Unexplained Infertility- Postive for MTHFR Gene Mutation

Natural cycles with 1 miscarriage
    -3 IUI's w/ Clomid= BFN 
    -IVF #1-Follistim and Menopur= BFN
    ***11 Eggs, 10 mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 1 (day 5) 2 made it to freeze
    -FET #1- Transferred 2, day 5 embryos =BFN
    -IVF #2- Follistim and Menopur = BFN
    ***11 retrieved, 8 mature, 6 fertilized, transferred 2 (day 3), 4 made it to freeze (Follistim and Menopur) = BFN
    -FET #2- Transferred 2, day 3 embryos = BFN
    **Changed doctor**
    -IUI #4- natural cycle = BFN
    -IUI #5- Follistim (5 eggs) BFP- lead to Miscarriage  :'(
    -Laproscopic Surgery for Endometriosis, Polyp removal and Cyst removal. 
    -IVF #3- Menopur, Follistim, Lupron, Ganirellex- BFP lead to Eptopic Pregnancy  :'(
    ***11 Eggs retrieved, 10 Mature, 8 fertilized, transferred 3 embryos (day 3), 0 made it to freeze
    -Lapropscopic surgery- Removal of Fallopian Tube
    -IVF #4- Estrogen Priming with Vivelle dot, Menopur, Follistim, Ganirellex- BFP  :)
    ***15 Eggs retreived, 11 mature, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos transferred (day 3), 2 made it to freeze
    Found out I was positive for MTHFR Gene Mutation during TWW of IVF #4

• riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited June 2016
    @TerraMae80 How funny that we both chose the same crib! Did you pick the one with the changing table attached too? If so, it looks like it came with a thin changing pad, but I was expecting to use the typical one you see with the sides and dip in the middle and am waiting until after the shower to buy one. Plus, I don't even know where I'd buy covers for the one it came with. What's your plan on the changing pad? Have you tried putting a normal one on the attachment and does it work well? Did you secure it down in any way or is it fine loose with the railings on the furniture?

@katielynnrichardson Congrats on your previous new arrival! I hope you're doing well! 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Congratulations, @kaitielynnrichardson! What a beautiful baby.

@mechelita44 and @TerraMae80, you both look wonderful!

I made it, I'm here--week 28, day 2, and I am so excited to see familiar faces again. I'm due 9/8 and I'm still on team green (literally--the nursery is light yellow/green). Whenever I'm asked the sex, I just shrug and say, It's a human baby, want to guess? Most people say boy, but I've been getting a few girls lately. 

I've been feeling good except for the occasional Charley horse in the middle of the night (I got one in each calf this week around 3 AM, owwww). My next appointment is July 1, and then I'm starting once every 2 week appointments. I can't believe it. My baby shower is tomorrow, and I am very excited to celebrate with my family.

QOTW: Haven't packed my hospital bag, but I'll have it ready in early July. I am reading all of you second time moms responses very carefully.

• mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited June 2016
    @kaitielynnrichardson Congratulations!!!! He is beautiful :smile:

@chrissym126 Welcome to your 3rd trimester!!! So happy to see you here :smile: HA! I love your response to the baby's gender, I drive people nuts when I say, "It's a human!" Pretty sure 95% of people think we are having a boy too.

I tried making a list of what to bring to the hospital... some clothes for me (comfy nursing bras, some undies, pajamas, socks), maybe some light cosmetics / lotion / toiletries, coming home clothes for the baby (onesie, blanket, pants, hat, mittens) and clothes for my DH. Also packing our phones, chargers, camera / charger, Jambox for tunes. Not sure what else? Did  you ladies get nursing attire? I have the bras but don't have a night gown or anything like that, wonder if I will need it? Or a robe?
  • @chrissym126 - I started taking some Magnesium for the charley horses.  It REALLY helped.  I haven't had one in weeks!  I take 500 mg daily (200 in the morning and 300 in the eve - when I remember).  It also helps with my constipation, so I say it's a win-win!!  :) 
  • DSTtots4lyfeDSTtots4lyfe member
    edited June 2016
    Howdy ladies! Everyone is looking fabulous and it's exciting. To see nurseries coming together!

congrats @kaitielynnrichardson! That's so exciting and what a beautiful LO!

I am now 40+2 with no signs baby wants to join us soon. Boo. I'm actually doing very well health/symptoms wise, except for my hands which are killing me. Just wishing our little guy would make a Father's Day appearance (or really just get out now, lol). Hope everyone had a great week!
  • Good luck @DSTtots4lyfe!!  Wishing you a speedy delivery soon! :)

• Thank you all so much!! I hope you all are doing well :). Looking forward to seeing more beautiful babies arriving soon!!
  • Msbender129Msbender129 member
    edited June 2016
    Hello ladies!!! Quick update... 

Let us introduce... Our team green turned PINK!!!!! 
    MacKenzie Sue 
    June 13, 2016 @ 3:21pm
    6 lbs 11 oz 20.5 inches long

Born at 39 5/7 weeks! I was sooo sad to have my pregnancy end, but couldn't be happier SHE is here!! 

She is absolutely perfect!! We are so in love!! 
    I never knew I could EVER fall in love so fast! This entire experience has been absolutely undecribable happiness and endless love! It can't  described only experienced... Wow!! God is good! 
  • @Msbender129 Congratulations on the birth of your baby girl!!!