Pregnant after IF

Randoms Week of June 13

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears, etc.? Spill them here!

This is a good place to ask questions to a broader audience than the weekly check-ins, so ladies in other trimesters with experience may chime in and help you out! 
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: Randoms Week of June 13

• Hello ladies!
    I was wondering...do the weird intense sometimes scary dreams stop?
    I started having them sometimes, yet now I have vivid dreams every single night. To be honest I feel like I'm leading a double life and am exhausted. I need a break from dreaming :smile:

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• ZoeFerZoeFer member
    I am the same way @tvh1982. I normally dream a lot but now the dreams are so vivid and real with pregnancy, I sometimes feel like they were real. I dreamed that the painting of one of or doors were peeling and I was almost gonna ask H to get it painted in the morning :)) I kinda enjoy dreaming but it gets exhausting and confusing sometimes :)) I do not know when/if they stop :)
  • Loading the player...
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    edited June 2016
    Hahah @zoefer!
    I was about to ask about this amazing (trust me it was amazing!) washing powder at the grocery store) Until I realised (thankful before asking) I bought it in my basement that for some reason was my grocery store.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• @tvh1982  I've had A LOT of really bizarre dreams throughout my pregnancy until my third trimester, but I think my weirdest/ favorite was pretty early on. I had a dream that the baby was just born, I was about to start breast feeding for the first time and as I was trying to get Baby to latch, Baby paused and looked at me (and my milk maker) and said, "Mommy, what is that?!" Yes, in my dream my hours old newborn could speak and was already calling me 'Mommy' ! Although I was the only one that could hear the baby... kind of like on Family Guy where only Brian can hear Stewie talk haha.

Now that I am in my third trimester (35 weeks now), I don't sleep that well anymore because I am constantly waking up to get comfy or to fix my numb, tingling hands... therefore, no dreams!

• So when are you usually done having internal ultrasounds? I go Friday for my 10 week just wondering what to expect 

I had crazy dreams in the beginning not now though 
  • dragonfaeriedragonfaerie member
    edited June 2016
    Ugh, I have had a weird cramp most of the day. I'm sure it's just my body stretching and getting ready for baby, but it's annoying and hard not to worry.

@ultratomato I wonder that too! I have a 9-week internal, but I wondered if my 10-week would be external.

@tvh1982 et al - I've definitely had more vivid dreams, not necessarily about being pregnant, but just random things. I guess I don't mind so much cuz I least I know I'm getting some deep sleep!

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @ultratomato My 9th/10th week ultrasound at OB was vaginal, then at 12 weeks I had my NT scan and it was abdominal.
  • That's good to know about the ultrasounds. Thanks for the info ladies.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks for sharing the dreams, guess I have to enjoy them as no sleep will follow.

I had vaginal scans all through 1st Tri as they say it's easier to see a lot. 
    My scan at 17 weeks was abdominal, but now they have to check my placenta I probably be going back to vaginal ones.

• Random thought for the day: I am LOVING Goldfish crackers right now. They help settle my stomach and aren't ridiculously unhealthy so I feel gross, plus they are tastier than standard Saltine crackers.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfairie omg I was obsessed with goldfish during my first trimester too . I bought them in bulk and always had them ready to go. I think I over did it because now the thought of eating goldfish again grosses me out . I'm so sad because they were soooo good before haha 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • When does the anxiety between appointments go away? Or does it? I leave my appointments happy because I get confirmation that all is ok. Then I'm fine most days until I get closer and closer to my next appointment. It's been over a week since I saw my RE and I'm so anxious for my appointment on Friday. I get so nervous thinking about it. I want confirmation NOW that everything is ok and the thought of waiting 2 more days drives me crazy. This may also be my last appointment with the RE and I won't see my OB until the 29th. How do you ladies, especially the ones in your 2rd and 3rd tri, handled this? I keep telling myself positive thoughts only, but it's so darn hard at times. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @mskeenan Aww how sad! I hate it when you really want to like something but you just can't. That's how I've been feeling about coffee. Since I basically quit drinking it while I was prepping for transfer, I've lost my palate. I really want it, but then I get a cup and just end up drinking half.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfairie I just bought a mega box of goldfish this weekend! The kind that has 3 big bags inside... don't see those lasting long!

@Tulips29 I know how you feel. When I was in my first trimester and even early on in my second trimester and the appointments were every 4 weeks, I agonized the weeks in between every appointment. I always felt better after my appointments, but couldn't wait to go to the doctor again to make sure everything was OK. Around 17 weeks, we had a pretty big scare but thank God, things ended up being OK! From then on, I decided that it was much healthier for the baby and me if I stayed happy, positive, and worry-free --- no matter what. I have loved every second of my pregnancy and have done a much better job at just enjoying each little moment instead of stressing about all the what if's and unknowns. I know it's hard, but just remember that it's good for you and the baby to stay stress-free :smile: 
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @Tulips29 I totally understand your anxiety. I was very anxious between each appointment first weeks even though it was every 2 weeks or so. I am at 18 weeks now, I still get anxious honestly. But after 12 weeks, the appointments were only every 4 weeks for me and I do not get any ultrasounds between week 12 to week 20, they listen to HB w/ doppler. It is not very healthy to be anxious for four weeks between appointments but I realize that I kinda loose my cheerful mood as time goes by after the appointment :) But you have to think that the chance of things go wrong is much much smaller compared to things are going well. Also, after 11 weeks or so you can feel that your belly grows even though it is not noticeable from outside. This was giving me assurance that the baby is growing there. Moreover, this is such a natural process such that there is not much the doctors can do. Even though we go to dr office every other day, it will not do any good to the baby or to us other than giving some relief. All we need is to relax, eat and drink well and take care of our bodies/souls well. Good luck with your next appointment, I hope everything goes great !!!
  • @mechelita44 @ZoeFer thanks for the reassurance, ladies. I'm just a natural worrier as is. I will try to relax and remember that stress is not good for the baby and chances of things going right are greater than them going wrong. :smile: 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• @dragonfaerie love goldfish too they are my go to snack at work. I also carry saltines as well but your right not the same amount of flavor. I also have been eating lots of fruit! Anyone know a good decaf iced tea I can drink?
  • @tulips29 - I get your anxiety.  I made the RE do another ultrasound on me at 10w and then I met with my Ob at 12 weeks.  After that, I had to wait until 16w for the next appt, and 20w for the next ultrasound.  My anxiety usually peaked at the 2 week mark between appointments. I finally conceded and bought a fetal doppler and started using it at week 14, and only used it every Sunday (my ticker change day).  I just needed to hear that heartbeat.  Even though I had a posterior placenta, I didn't feel that baby kick until around week 21.  Since then, I feel the kicks and rolls, so I don't feel the anxiety as much.  It's now turned into being anxious about the finding of each ultrasound or blood test.

Wishing you luck.  I will also say getting off the bump and doing something physical (painting rooms in my house for me) helped keep anxiety at bay.
  • My random thought of the day: I swear I used to have ankles. I just don't know where they went! I'm wondering, if I soak in a cold bath, will my body suck all the fluid out and process it? I'm tempted to try tonight.

I had a craving for goldfish and a friend offered me cheezits. I have now become obsessed with cheezits and have to drag myself away from buying the box at the grocery store. I would literally eat the entire box in one sitting...oops!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• @riveridgional Welp, now I want white cheddar cheezits!!!! haha
  • @ultratomato Oh yes, fruit! That's one of the only things that consistently sounds good to me. And bagels. In fact... I may have to go to my office's little deli upstairs and get one.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So, whitening toothpaste totally makes me gag, and now with the queasies it's even worse. What kind of toothpaste are you all using? I'm going cosmetics shopping tonight.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh Goldfish...how I used to love them...but got sick one to many time and now I just look at the bags and think..nope.
    If any of you lived close I could have made you a happy person with the bags in my kitchen cupboard.
    I do eat lots and lots of apples, I carry one with me at all times. Must be the pink lady brand...otherwise the effect isn't the same :)

I'm still worried too @tulips29. Have an appointment tomorrow and I'm worried I might never have been pregnant!
    Like @piperella I too have a Doppler which I only use every other week if I'm really worried, or tonight before my appointment to be able to sleep.
    Sometimes I think it is better not to know I have an appointment before 5 min before the actual appointment.

• @dragonfaerie Brushing my teeth in general was the worst part of the day. Until probably about 15 or 16 weeks, I could never brush my teeth without gagging and the only time I threw up was from brushing my teeth. If you pinpointed it to your toothpaste, I'm relieved for you! I believe I just used Colgate of any kind (mine didn't have whitening). If switching up the toothpaste doesn't help, you can try an infany/toddler sized toothbrush (that help me a lot) and/or smiling while brushing your teeth. Apparently, something your body does while smiling helps to suppress the gag reflex. Someone else also recommended to me that I put salt under my tongue, but I never tried that. Apparently, having trouble brushing your teeth is a form of morning sickness.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• @riveridgional Thank you! I have just heard that whitening toothpastes can make people sick, and ever since I had the flu/pneumonia I am more prone to gagging while brushing my teeth. I was thinking of buying a more natural toothpaste like Burt's Bees just to see if that's any better. That's really interesting about smiling helping, I'll have to try!

Funny story about brushing teeth: I have an electric toothbrush, so it spits toothpaste everywhere if you take it out of your mouth. I totally had pregnancy brain last week and looked right at my toothbrush in my hand and thought "yes, I should turn it on when it's outside my mouth." Flung water and toothpaste all over myself and the mirror! It took me about 10 seconds to really realize what was wrong and what I needed to do to fix the problem. Sometimes I wonder if zombie stories weren't created from someone looking at a pregnant woman shambling around, forgetting things and bumping into walls....

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I just ordered a fetal doppler online because I can't handle the wait between appointments ! I told myself I wouldn't get one and that I need to be calm but I think it'll be good reassurance between appointments ! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Has anyone had any luck finding mail-in rebates for the meds they used for stims/transfer? Months ago someone on the IF board mentioned it, but I have not had any luck at all finding something legit.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • riveridgionalriveridgional member
    edited June 2016
    When I ordered my gonal-f, freedom pharmacy sent me a GO direct rebate form that I used. Here's a link to a website that discusses that rebate as well as some other discounts (I'll have to look and see if I can get any other rebates mentioned on this site)! Hopefully you'll be able to fill out a rebate form for Gonalf-F  (assuming you used it).

https://www.uconnfertility.com/affording-treatment/discounted-fertility-medication-programs/

ETA: I think eligibility for rebates often depends on whether or not you had insurance coverage
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• @riveridgional We were out of pocket, but most of the rebates I'm finding were only through specific pharmacies. I used Follistim, not Gonal-F but they are basically the same thing. Thank you for the link!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie I've also heard there's like an eBay sort of thing for fertility meds. I'll see if I can remember the site.
    Pregnancy Ticker