Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

After D&C

Had D&C yesterday Dr. Said everything went well. When I woke up I noticed my throat and chest hurt (couldn't take a big breath) told nurses but they didn't seemed concerned at all. So I figured that must be normal? I know there was a tube in my throat to keep airway open. Anyway... Today I have a very dull pain on and off in my chest. It's not constant and it's not uncomfortable or anything just noticeable I guess. I was wondering if anyone else had something similar after their D&C? Is it just from the anesthesia? 

Re: After D&C

• I did have anesthesia so I am not sure. I think mine was just sedation and the only pain I had was cramping. 
  • @Jmccabe12210 I'm so sorry for your loss. If you had a breathing tube, it would make sense that your throat hurts. You probably still should call your Dr just in case. 
  • Loading the player...
  • jlm731jlm731 member
    edited June 2016
    I had a sore throat for a few days after my D&C Last month...I also had a stiff neck that started up the day after too...my guess is it was from the way the anesthesiologist turned my neck. Both issues went away after a few days.
    dd born 9/09
    ds born 10/12 via IVF
    surprise BFP 3/14 MMC 5/14
    surprise BFP 2/25/16 - EDD 11/1/16
  • @Jmccabe12210 So sorry for your loss. After my D&C, I also had a sore throat, stiff neck in general, and it hurt a little to breathe. This was due to the breathing tube inserted during surgery, along with the position they had me in. The discomfort went away over the course of a few days. If you have any concerns at all though, don't hesitate to call your doctor. 

• So sorry for your loss.  I'm thinking you had a breathing tube.  Call and make sure but seems like your symptoms are due to that. 

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• I went to ER for chest pain and no blood clot. Dr thought that maybe chest tube irritated me. Anyways she pushed down on my abdomen so hard!! :( I was hardly in any pain in my abdomen and now I'm so soar. I can't win this week. She gave me a Z pack and prednisone for my chest but it's honesty not bothering me as much as my abdomen. Not sure what to do...