Breastfeeding
Options

Nipple shield

anyone using this AND pumping long term. My nipples are inverted and this was the only way baby can latch and did this work for you??(

Re: Nipple shield

• Options
    I have inverted nipples as well. With my oldest, I EP'd until she was a year. My son is now 3.5 weeks old. I really didn't want to EP again, so we are BFing with a sheild. I also pump once a day because I'll be going back to work in July. Using the sheild is kind of a pain, but it's working. This week I've started working on getting him to latch without it and he'll get it every few feedings. I say, keep it up! It gets easier everyday!
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    Yep. I've used the nipple shield from the beginning and love it. Never had a cracked or sore nipple. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have flat nipples and after three days of extremely painful breastfeeding I finally caved and started using the shields. Best decision ever! Now I can breast feed my baby boy without being in extreme pain and being miserable the whole time. The damage from those first few days has finally gone away and i can actually try to enjoy breastfeeding now (my little guy has a bit of a tongue tie which makes a shallow latch and he tends to chomp/bite which makes it a bit painful even with the shields).  

But it I am pumping too and haven't had any problems with it so far. I think you just have to make sure you don't overdo it and mess up your supply or anything.