January 2017 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 6.14.16

What's new with baby (how far along are you, size, development)?

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival?

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: 

When is your next appointment? 

GTKY: Favorite cartoon from your childhood? (Stolen from Monday!)

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 6.14.16

• What's new with baby (how far along are you, size, development)? 10 weeks and baby is the size of a strawberry.

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival?
    I have started looking for names. We are going to wait until after our next appointment to start planning.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions:  I had my first OB appointment yesterday. He couldn't find the heartbeat with the doppler. I am trying not to worry because it may just be a bit too soon. We have to go back in Thursday so they can check for it again. I am hoping for the best but I am really stressing out. 

When is your next appointment? I go in Thursday to just check for a heartbeat. If they can't find it with the doppler I will get another ultrasound to make sure everything is okay.

GTKY: Favorite cartoon from your childhood? (Stolen from Monday!) I loved the Flintstones and Scooby-Doo.
  • What's new with baby (how far along are you, size, development)?
    11 weeks!  Baby is 1.61 inches and the size of a lime (although, I think that's a VERY small lime...)

Nothing new - I keep getting caught up in my daughter and forgetting I'm even pregnant until I feel sick again...poor little squish.

I just want to poop like a normal person.  I don't know why that is so much to ask for when I'm pregnant.

1 week from today for NT scan. 

I LOVED David the Gnome!

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • emerald24-2emerald24-2 member
    edited June 2016
    @15caitlin sending you positive vibes that everything's okay.

What's new with baby (how far along are you, size, development)?
    10 weeks. Baby is the size of a neon tetra fish. (My MIL has an aquarium and always has those little guys so I'm pretty fascinated with that fact this week!) The teeth buds are forming under the gums and if it's a girl, she's already developing eggs in her ovaries. What!!!

Not a lot yet. Today I am researching baby gates and baby-proofing the house. We've got extra wide doorways and a large fireplace with raised brick so we've got some unique challenges.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I am on the struggle bus! This has been the hardest week of pregnancy so far with morning sickness. I have had a lingering migraine for almost a month now. I can't take my usual medications for it so it's been exceptionally bad. I feel like my abdomen is changing and might be hardening? I am bloated a lot but I can still suck it in. My waist is disappearing, so I guess a little bump is not far off!

When is your next appointment? June 20th.

GTKY: Favorite cartoon from your childhood? (Stolen from Monday!) I guess I was a Nickelodeon kid: Rugrats, Doug, Ren & Stimpy, and Rocko's Modern Life were my favorites.

(Edit for grammar)
    Me & DH: Late 20's
    Together: 10 years, Married: 3 years
    TTC #1: January 2016
    BFP!!! 5/6/2016
    EDD: 1/10/2017
    It's a girl! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • canavaracanavara member
    edited June 2016
    What's new with baby (how far along are you, size, development)? 11 weeks! The Bump says it's the size of a lime. But Ovia says the size of a brussels sprout. Those seem like very differently sized things. I could understand if it were a key lime, but maybe it should say that then...

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? We've temporarily taken a break from "planning" to just enjoy things a little. We're going to have to get serious about house-hunting shortly because we're currently over our lease at our current place and are doing month-to-month.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I'm just thrilled to be this far along finally. We officially told everyone via this announcement last Wednesday after hearing the heartbeat and it's nice that it's just out there now and not having to deal with the stress of having a secret.

When is your next appointment? I'm doing an elective ultrasound next Friday at a non-medical facility and then I have a normal OB appointment (no ultrasound) at 14 weeks because my current OB sucks (trying to get my OB of choice but it's been one hell of a struggle).

GTKY: Favorite cartoon from your childhood? (Stolen from Monday!) I loved the Littl Bits (little woodland elves that had a flying squirrel pet) and The Noozles (girl with two stuffed koalas that come to life) when I was a kid.
  • canavaracanavara member
    edited June 2016
    @15caitlin FX everything is ok! It is pretty early though! Sometimes they can't pick up the HB on doppler until 12 weeks depending on the position of the baby and your uterus. It's great that they'll do an ultrasound if they can't find it still though, hopefully you'll get some peace of mind :)
  • @15caitlin fx that everything is okay.  good luck on thursday!

BabyFetus Ticker

• @canavara I'm really interested to see your announcement but when I click the link, it only redirects me to this page!
    BFP!!! 5/6/2016
    It's a girl! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    What's new with baby (how far along are you, size, development)? Size of a kumquat (which I have never seen IRL). Organs are pretty well formed, and baby is starting to swallow amniotic fluid! It's apparently kicking and moving which I hope to see on my u/s today! 

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? Still working on cleaning out the nursery! As soon as we're finished with that, I'll get my (long needed) new sewing machine and I'll start making maternity clothes for me and little clothes for baby. 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: **TW LOSS Mentioned** My EDD for my loss is Thursday, I'm still very sad when I think about that, but I'm also happy for this new chance at life I've been given. I need my u/s today to go really well, and I'm finally starting to succumb to my nerves. I've been doing really well pretty much 'til today, but I've just got a couple more hours.  

When is your next appointment? Today, u/s and OB visit after. 

GTKY: Favorite cartoon from your childhood? From the younger childhood years, The Busy World of Richard Scarry! And from older childhood, same as @Emerald24, Disney and Nick! Doug and Rocko's Modern Life were my faves. Though if anyone has watched Rocko's in adulthood, there were a MILLION dirty jokes that went over my head as a kid. 

• @emerald24 Gah, thanks for letting me know! I just fixed it... apparently the bump doesn't like it when you add a link without https:// in front.
  • @canavara your announcement is awesome!!! I don't understand it 100% but it's adorable and I love your sense of humor about it. Congrats on finally being able to talk freely about it!

@cjs260 Hooray, U/S day!!! Sending you good vibes that it all looks picture perfect! I completely understand that you are sad when thinking about your original EDD. But how sweet that you'll first get to see your little one this week and you can turn something sad into something positive. Hopefully the day goes fast! (And yes, Rocko is totally raunchy as an adult! LOL)
    BFP!!! 5/6/2016
    It's a girl! <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @15caitlin I went to the doctor last week with back pain and weird cramping at 10 weeks. She refused to use the doppler, because she said more often than not you can't find the baby's heartbeat. You only end up scaring the mother instead of reassuring her. Hopefully the ultrasound will show everything is great! 

@Emerald24 I've had two migraines so far and life without medicine is awful. Hormonal changes are my main trigger so I'm nervous going forward. I hope you feel better!
  • What's new with baby (how far along are you, size, development)? 11 weeks! So close to the end of the first trimester! Sizes seem to be all over the place this week. I do know the baby is growing teeth buds, hair buds, and nail buds! And my uterus is the size of a cantaloupe now. So weird. 

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? DH finished most of all the outside work this past weekend while I was laid up with a migraine. Now we can focus on more inside work!

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I thought my symptoms were winding down and then morning sickness came back. I was really enjoying indulging in my cravings too. 

When is your next appointment? Next Tuesday! I cannot wait to see Peanut! 

GTKY: Favorite cartoon from your childhood? Like a lot of others on the board, I was a Nick kid! Rugrats, Doug, Rockos Modern Life... all the good shows! When I was really little, I was obsessed with Eureka's Castle. Why isn't that on Netflix or reruns somewhere?
  • What's new with baby (how far along are you, size, development)? 10 weeks, baby is the size of a strawberry

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? cleaning out the nursery and we just switched my daughter from the crib to a "big girl" bed last weekend and it's gone extremely well, she loves it and doesn't even get out.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Morning sickness actually started to let up yesterday and I've been able to eat YAY!.. bad part was I ate so much at dinner last night because I was feeling so good I was up all night with an upset stomach.

When is your next appointment? NT ultrasound is June 29th and next doctor's appt. is July 8th.

GTKY: Favorite cartoon from your childhood? (Stolen from Monday!) Smurfs & Care bears
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • What's new with baby (how far along are you, size, development)?
    8 weeks!  Baby is the size of a raspberry at .61". The tail is basically gone!  Hello human-looking baby :smiley:

Nothing much!  My body is doing all the work while I sit back and go about my business ;)

I have had constant dull nausea and other symptoms for a couple weeks, but this morning I woke up and felt terrible.  I think this is the real start of ms for me.  Happy 8 weeks!

Thursday!  First one...can't wait!

I, too was a Nickelodeon kid.  But I also liked the pink panther and road runner and Wiley coyote.
    I'm so sorry for all of you having terrible headaches (and other symptoms) and uncertainties with appointments.  It's so hard to believe and hope that everything is ok until that baby starts moving and we can feel it.
  • What's new with baby (how far along are you, size, development)? 9 weeks! It's a fetus now :)

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? I told my principal yesterday, so now I've officially taken care of the letting-work-know thing. I feel like I'm in a weird position as far as telling everyone else at work, though. I either tell them earlier than is normally deemed acceptable (like...today), or I show up 9 weeks from now, having said nothing, and quite possibly visibly pregnant. If I can still conceal a bump at 18 weeks, I'll feel more comfortable - I'd rather say something than just be physically obvious - but who knows. ugh

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: It seems like every week my facebook news ticker has a new listeria-related recall of which to inform me. Today it's sunflower seeds. Also today we're having our end-of-the-year outing for work, playing something called whirlyball, and I'm super not looking forward to it because I'm not allowed to participate (no pregnant women allowed) :(

When is your next appointment? July 6 for my first ultrasound and genetic counseling/screening. 

GTKY: Favorite cartoon from your childhood? Oh, man. When I was really little, Winnie the Pooh. As I got a little older, Alvin and the Chipmunks. Then I moved into NickToons (probably my favorite was Rugrats) and I also remember liking some of those One Saturday Morning cartoons like Recess. For a little while I was into the Weekenders because they changed their clothes and it was just such a novel thing to me, ha.
    Me 32 | DH 32
    married 9/15
    DD: 1/17/17
    #2 due 7/26/20!

• cjs260cjs260 member
    @15caitlin My OB couldn't find my bean on the doppler today either. She said it was really nothing to worry about since 10 wks can be hit or miss depending on how the baby is positioned in the uterus, and even how the baby is turned. 

@canavara My H thinks your announcement is amazeballs (as do I)! 

@emerald24 Thanks so much! 

My appointment went well! Everything measured right on track and baby even kicked, waved, and bounced around for us! 

• What's new with baby (how far along are you, size, development)? 7 weeks, the size of a Brookesia micra chameleon, or a blueberry for the fruit thing 

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? We were in a thrift store yesterday and I found a nice diaper bag for super cheap, so...I couldn't pass it up. Otherwise not much, just excited to tell family soon.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Just the norm, I guess. Nausea throughout the day. I did yell at my husband this morning over Tupperware, so I guess I'm being kind of a nutcase. I couldn't get the lid on, and he comes over and is like, "It's just a snap-on," and I went, "I KNOW it's a snap-on, but I can't get it to work!!!" And he of course got it in in like two seconds. 

When is your next appointment? June 20, less than a week away! 

GTKY: Favorite cartoon from your childhood? (Stolen from Monday!) I looooved Courage the Cowardly dog! It used to come on really late at night and I would stay up and watch it in the dark and get really freaked out, so much fun. 

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails

• @lindsladle15 - I forgot about the Pink Panther - I loved that too! Actually, that reminds me that I also liked something called the Ant and the Aardvark, which I think is at least loosely associated with the Pink Panther...most people have never heard of it. Never really could get into Looney Tunes much, but I did like the Road Runner - he's so cute.
    Me 32 | DH 32
    married 9/15
    DD: 1/17/17
    #2 due 7/26/20!

• @cjs260 I noticed that about Rocko's Modern Life too, they had it on Netflix for a little while but I think they took it off. I was cracking up at all the jokes I definitely did not get as a child. 

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails