Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Longest process ever.

I first found out I was probably having a miscarriage in early April. I'm finally having a DNC on Monday morning. I tried to let nature take its course I had heavy bleeding and passed huge clots but when I went back for ultrasound I still hasn't passed the sac. First round of misoprostol orally and nothing happened! No pain no bleeding, nothing. Second round of misoprostol (doubled the dose and inserted vaginally)  light bleeding and passed a few small clots. No pain what so ever. Still retained tissue. Now I have a DNC scheduled for Monday. I wanted to avoid a DNC at all cost. This whole process has taken over two months. I'm ready for this to be over but freaking out about this procedure. 

Re: Longest process ever.

• Options
    I have no advice. I wanted to say good luck!
  • Options
    fioripfiorip member
    It's a simple procedure, the biggest toll is the emotional one. I'm very sorry you're going through this and hope you feel better soon. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sorry this has taken so long. Sending good thoughts your way
  • Options
    My D&C was very simple and painless. I blogged about my experience - you can click my link and read about what it was like. Very easy.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    I also had an easy D&C experience. Quick and had almost no issues afterward. The emotional healing is the hardest part. Good luck. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    srnj3srnj3 member

I was instructed to take Cytotec the night before my procedure and it was horrible. I was in so much pain and bled a lot during the night. When I went to the hospital though, my D&C was quick and simple. I only had mild cramps for about two days after the procedure.

I couldn't imagine having to go through the wait you've endured. I wish you the  best today and a speedy recovery.  

Me: 29, DH: 30

TTC Baby #1: 1/16

BFP #1: 4/1/16, MMC: 5/25/16

BFP #2: 10/10/16, EDD: 6/18/17

• Options
    I had my DNC this morning. Don't remember a thing. When I woke up I had a sore throat from whatever they place in your mouth to keep your airway open. No pain at first but through out the day I did have cramping. I'm taking Motrin and that seems to be fine so far. Moderate bleeding today. Hoping this will give me some closure as I've been walking around holding on to a piece of this pregnancy for almost two months. Thank you all for answering my questions & your support. Having somewhere to come and share thoughts with women who have had this same terrible experience is definitely comforting. I'm sorry for all of your losses.