TTC After a Loss
Options

Introduction

Hi, I have been lurking for a a little bit. I had a scan on 5/25 at what should have been 12 weeks and learned that our baby stopped growing at 8.5 weeks. I had a D&C on 5/27. It's been pretty up and down, but I feel like I am starting to have more good days than bad days. This was my first pregnancy and I feel like I was really scared the whole time. I'm trying now to focus on the things that make me feel like "me" that I haven't been doing like running (we've had a nutty year of moving to a new state, getting married, buying a house...and I haven't had a real routine in 9 months and I didn't feel like  I could jump back into running once I got pregnant). I'm benched for one cycle, and then I don't know if I'll jump back in to TTC as hard core as I was before, but we'd like to try again and face TTC and (hopefully!!) the next pregnancy on my terms, not fear.

This community seems really amazing and supportive. I hate that I am here, and that so many have to go through the same thing or worse, but I am thankful the community is here.

Re: Introduction

• Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss, but your impression is correct - this is an amazing group.
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    So sorry for your loss. My loss was also my first pregnancy, and I spent it feeling anxious, despite seeing a healthy bean at 8 weeks. When they found a MMC at 12 weeks (baby stopped growing at 10.5 weeks), all of my fears and worst nightmares nearly ate me alive. It took a while for me to get back to feeling more like myself. I'm still not totally there yet, and BFNs can set me back. All in all though, I've learned to adjust to this "new" me and feel stronger and more resilient - physically and mentally - day by day.

This community has truly helped me through the good and bad moments along the way. I actually took a Bump break for a month or two, and they welcomed me back like an old friend. I hope you find this community just as wonderful and helpful for you. I'm so sorry you're here but we're happy to cheer you on. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome @Amdogger82. So sorry for your loss but glad to hear you are taking time to focus on yourself. ~Hugs
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• Options
    So sorry for your loss but welcome to the board!
  • Options
    Hi and welcome. I'm sorry for your loss. I too got back into running after my last loss and it's been helpful to work towards a goal and take my mind off TTC all the time. Hope your stay here is a short one!
  • Options
    I am so very sorry about your loss. Our stories are very similar. I too had my MMC found at my 12 week appointment, baby stopped at 8 weeks. It was heart breaking after seeing the HB at 7 weeks. This was my first pregnancy too and I was completely worried from the start and a MMC was my absolute worst fear. I can honestly say I am not "back to my old self" but I am finding how to be somewhat like my old self while recovering. I don't think we fully go back to how we were before, how can you after something so traumatic. You are right though this board is great and the women on here a very supportive and really make all the difference in a situation where you feel so alone.

I hope you find support and comfort where you can and hope your stay on this board is short!
    Married: June 2011
    TTC #1: September 2015-January 2016
    BFP #1: 1/25/16 - MMC Diagnosed 3/22/16
    TTCAL: June 2016
    BFP #2: 8/26/16 - EDD 5/9/17
    Jackson born 5/6/17 at 8:36 PM - 9lbs 5oz & 21in
      Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I am sorry for you loss. I have found these boards very helpful
  • Options
    Very sorry for your loss, but know that many of us have similar stories and feel the exact same way. I was just starting to feel like myself again and now I'm back on the ttc rollercoaster. Come check in here and vent to us!
    Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Options
    shae86shae86 member
    I am so sorry for your loss. This is a wonderful group. I also had a MMC with my first pregnancy. The last 4 months have been a roller coaster of emotions, and I can only speak for myself, but it really has gotten better. It sounds like you've had quite the year already. Take as much time as you need, and lean on us when you need to. 
    About me *TW*
    Me: 29, DH: 34
    TTC 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/05/16, MMC 2/17/16 (10 wks)
    BFP #2: 7/13/16, EDD 3/21/16
  • Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. You are welcome here!
  • Options
    Thank you all for your kind words. Even though I've not participated much yet, this community is already a wonderful support! Wishing you all the best!
  • Options
    Hello, welcome. I'm sorry for your loss. Hopefully your stay with us is short and restorative!
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• Options
    i'm so sorry for your loss, that is heartbreaking. I hope you find comfort and healing here.
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Options
    Aera11Aera11 member
    Welcome @Amdogger82 -- I am sorry for your loss.  This is a great group of women.