TTC after 35

TWW June 6 - 12!

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!
Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TWW June 6 - 12!

• Lu19Lu19 member

CD30, no sign of AF, but AF due today. As stated in earlier post, only had chance to BD once, maybe twice, during FW - so haven't really gotten my hopes up, of course on day of expected AF BSC is inevitable. Not sure when I'll test... I've had minimal symptoms, but one interesting thing is I'm not having overwhelming craving for chocolate (which comes like clockwork day before and day of AF); however, yesterday I felt very weepy and exhausted (which also comes like clockwork day before AF). Hoping that writing out my feelings will help me regain some focus today at work. It's so hard to concentrate when all you're thinking about is "what was that twinge?... could that be something?.. maybe I should google this..." ahh, it'd be so nice to turn that off. 

Anyway, trying hard to stay present and positive no matter the outcome. It's not the destination, but the journey ~ :) 

Hoping the best for all you other TWW'ers out there!    

• Howdy, not much to report.  This is that week of total silence/mystery.  Not close enough to wonder if AF is on the horizon since it's another whole week away, so you just sort of wait for any crazy thing to make you want to test.  But I won't test and I rarely do before AF.  I'm CD 22, about 9 DPO.  I thought I had some cramps and general bloating yesterday, but was also having some stomach issues in general due to some poor food choices, and it was nothing like what I experienced this time last month with the cramps and spotting.  Even though we only BD twice this time, I still bought the pineapple and have been eating it daily for the past 5 days.  I love pineapple anyway.  I guess the main thing I do is randomly grope my boobs to see if they might be even the tiniest bit sore.  Sometimes I think they "feel" bigger...just a "feeling" not even me touching them.  But I don't think they are. I pretty much do this every cycle ever since my friend said her first sign was sore boobs, so it's sort of a habit.  

@Lu19 - Sorry you seem to have some mixed signals from your body...it's always such a state of limbo trying to read into everything (or should I say trying really, really hard NOT to read into everything).     Wishing you lots of luck this time!  

Good luck to everyone!
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Loading the player...
  • @jennh75b I also had cramping from O day on last month....almost bad enough to warrant ibuprofen, wonder if it was the HSG? I've never had that before. I also did not have my normal O pains or pre-AF spotting....so maybe the HSG cause an annovulatory cycle? 

I will ill chime in I guess (since I already have!). I'm officially 1DPO. So obviously nothing to report other than the least amount of BD we've ever done....only twice this time. Once when I got my first positive OPK and then once yesterday (day after positive OPK, so theoretically O day). I'm interested to see how this cycle goes. The lack of BD will hopefully curb the TWW craziness. 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque - I do think that the no pre-AF spotting is related to the HSG - they clean you out and I think that most of the pre-AF spotting is "old blood" from the last AF, so it would make sense that there wasn't any the month of our HSG.  I only had cramps last cycle on a couple of days which was around the time they say implantation occurs and it was well over a week before AF, then it went away, but yeah, it was almost to the point I could have taken something for it.  I didn't even have my usual pre-AF cramping that I get at least 4 days before AF.  

I guess this month must be a very busy month for all of us to have BD'd so little.  I really hope that we all still have good chances since it sounds like we all did it during O time!!!!  

My TWW craziness is somewhat lower.  I've pretty much convinced myself it's a no-go, so at least the mental pressure is off.  I even drank a few beers watching a hockey game and I normally try not to drink during TWW.
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Lu19Lu19 member

Update: CD 1 for me... AF was 4 days late, so I got my hopes up.

Past 3  months have been 4 days late, 4 days early, and 4 days late?? this irregularity is totally new. Last three days, there was a significant increase in pg symptoms, so really felt there was a chance. Now I'm feeling stupid, crampy, and like my body likes to play cruel jokes on me. Sure it's pms and I'll feel better tomorrow, but right now just sad and confused.   

• Very sorry to hear, @Lu19....that really is a cruel trick your body is playing.  :(  *hugs*  I hope you get some more regularity in this next month, no, better yet, no AF at all along with a BFP!!!!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Lu19Lu19 member
    Aw thank you @jennh75b, really appreciate your kind message :) same happy thoughts and wishes right back at you!