April 2016 Moms

Baby strains and struggles when I hold him

hi guys. I was originally in the May BMB but my son was born early (April 19) so I'm posting here.  The last couple weeks every time I hold my son he makes little straining noises and squirms like he doesn't want to be held.  I don't think he's in pain because he doesn't do this when he's laying on his play may or anything.  Anyone else going through this?

Re: Baby strains and struggles when I hold him

• mumidimumidi member
    Kind of, he seems to like to lay a certain way so he will squirm around until he gets comfortable.
  • Mine sometimes does this if he doesn't like the position. He typically will do this if I am holding him in a cradled position and he wants to be up over my shoulder. Sometimes, though, he does just want to be put down. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Our little guy prefers standing all by himself and holding our hands or us holding his chest while he stands.
  • Sometimes mine cries until I hold him, then strains and squirms because he is working up a good poop. He likes to be held when he's doing it, and will scream if I put him down, but he grunts and fidgets to get the poop out ... Sometimes it takes about a half hour. 
  • Ooh! Also, could he not like your perfume or a smell of your shampoo or detergent? Sometimes they have an allergy or develop an aversion to a smell. Mine hates an Argan oil lotion and won't go near it when it's on my skin.