October 2016 Moms

Petty Problems Satirday 6/11

I haven't seen a post for this yet today so going to go ahead and get it going. Who has a petty problem this week?

Re: Petty Problems Satirday 6/11

• Admission: started this thread because I've got a petty problem...
    I wanted to just lay out at the pool today but DH talked me into making the hour-ish drive to the lake house to spend the day on the boat. We got up early to get out there... 8 hours later and 4 attempts to get the boat in the water but then pulling it out because the dead boat battery wouldn't turn over with the charger the marina had... I have still not been able to lay out today. 

This is truly the kind of problem that belongs on this thread, I know it. But I just want to lay out and relax... humf 
  • I'm  bored, I'm  Bored, I'M BORED...
  • Loading the player...
  • @bnsmith85 Thank you for starting this today; it's been a crazy day! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • There's a snake in our backyard and DH is terrified of snakes so now I have to try to wrangle it into a box and carry it across the street otherwise he'll either 1) never leave the house again or 2) kill it :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I took home the wrong leftovers from Cheesecake Factory  :'(
  • I visited my mom today because my boys weren't home. They stayed out later than expected so I stayed and ordered Mexican with her and my grandma. I ate too much and now I don't feel good.  :/

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• It's too  hot today. I'm sweating and I'm tired.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • I applied for a position at work and need to update my portfolio for a meeting about the position Tuesday, but I've been binge watching Teen Mom on Hulu since I got home from shopping. 
  • We just sent out the baby shower invitations (which my mom is hosting)-- our baby shower is going to double as a wedding celebration, since our actual wedding was very, very small. 

Immediately (within 5-10 minutes of sending the invitation), I get a text from my very socially awkward friend telling me that I made things hard for her by picking the date I did (which is in September, so it's not like we're not giving people enough time to plan) because now she has to decide whether to come to our wedding celebration/baby shower or go with her previous plans. Which knowing her, is probably a convention of some sort, which she does every few months. 

At first I was irritated she couldn't just wait a few days, decide what she wants to do and give me some excuse like "Sorry, I can't make the trip! Have fun!" instead of telling me that she was making a decision between our event and her other plans, but now I'm just a combination of irritated and amused, because this is so like her. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My petty problem is our storage room is such a pig stye, and I have to organize it cause my husband doesn't like getting rid of anything, and I am the opposite and get rid of everything we don't need. Needless to say I'll be doing it myself, but it's a big job. I really don't remember what I have for baby stuff that will work for a boy so I do need to get down there is figure it out before I go too overboard shopping.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My supervisor ok'd me to add an hour to my work days because I've been overwhelmed and today I used every minute of it, the day was insane. I even got out 15 minutes late because of an emergency with a client. My petty gripe is that I was hoping that I'd get some down time because I'm exhausted. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Yesterday I was so bored I became cranky and picked fights with my hubby, then felt like it was all his fault and was mad at him for the rest of the night.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I did a lot of weeding today but it never ends and I am completely wiped out from the heat. Parts of our yard are still a mess, I haven't even started the garden I've been wanting since we moved last summer, and we made lots of changes but I'm just not happy with still having so much work to do on the inside and outside to make it feel more "done" :( maybe I should just focus on the nursery haha...
  • KaessiKaessi member
    My petty problem is our storage room is such a pig stye, and I have to organize it cause my husband doesn't like getting rid of anything, and I am the opposite and get rid of everything we don't need. Needless to say I'll be doing it myself, but it's a big job. I really don't remember what I have for baby stuff that will work for a boy so I do need to get down there is figure it out before I go too overboard shopping.  
    I came to this thread to post almost the exact same thing! Except ours is our laundry room & the baby's room, which has just been used for storage up until now. I've been working on these all weekend & am exhausted. I'm down to just the crap I don't know what to do with, mostly my H's stuff that he has accumulated over the years & he has done nothing with. And paint & tools & stuff that we have used to in remodeling the house over the years. I asked him on Thursday if he could help me today, as far as organizing & figuring out what to do with things. He agreed, but today he is pissy about it. Has literally moved one box into a closet & has spent the rest of the day on the couch. He has 2 giant boxes of speakers that he bought for a surround sound system when we moved into the house (2 years ago) that he has never put up. They are currently housed in the baby's room & I asked him today if we could move them to our outside shop & he said no...he's not going to move them out there just to move them back in the house later. He's says they're fine in the baby's room because it's a big room & her stuff won't take up much space, why move them? I got so frustrated I just started crying. Why are men so difficult?!