Breastfeeding
Options

To toss or not to toss...

I need some opinions! I pump at work and store my breast milk in a cooler bag (no ice packs) in the fridge all day while at work. When I go home I typically put the milk in the fridge, well last night I forgot. Not sure how I managed that one :neutral: The milk sat in an air conditioned house in a cooler bag (no ice) over night (about 12 hours). 2 of the bottles has condensation on the outside of the bottle but felt a little cooler then room temperature. My question to all you lovely ladies is would you dump it out or hang on to it?

Re: To toss or not to toss...

• Options
    Dump it.  :/ Breastmilk shouldn't be kept longer than 6-8 hours at room temperature. I definitely push the 8-hour limit at times, but I wouldn't go 12. 
  • Options
    mrsc12414mrsc12414 member
    edited June 2016
    As heart breaking as it is to toss my opinion is that you have to . Like above said you can only keep at room temp for 6-8 hours . I use a small cooler bag to transport from work too but I use small ice pack for transport
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks guys! I'll make the hubby do it so I don't have to watch 20oz go down the drain.
  • Options
    Ceridwen77Ceridwen77 member
    edited June 2016
    I had to do this once after leaving my cooler bag out overnight. It's heartbreaking but it's the right thing to do. 
  • Options
    Yea since it was in fridge then out for 12+ toss or use in bath. If it was 8 or less I would keep. Sometimes if it is freshly pumped I will push it to 10 hrs like overnight and upstairs.