October 2016 Moms

Preggo Brain Mishaps

Lets hear em! 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Preggo Brain Mishaps

• I forgot to put my youngest daughters diaper on again after changing her. I guess I didn't realize she wasn't completly potty trained like her big sister, and then it took me a bit to figure out why she and her car seat got wet. 
    I forgot to shut my straightening iron off one morning, and my husband found it and was like seriously babe you could of burnt the house down. 
    I cannot believe how forgetful I am these days, it's plain embarrassing sometimes. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lol last pregnancy before my mmc I actually wore two different shoes. to the re. 

i am having a hard time w words this time. and if it's not on a list at work I forget. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I went grocery shopping yesterday and left two boxes of Popsicles on the counter. 

• I forget everything! I have a planner I write things down in, but lately I've been forgetting them before they get there. Thursday my stepmom and I made an appointing to look at a baby shower venue together because she's not familiar with the area, and I almost completely blanked on it!
  • Words are hard on a daily basis, sometimes forgetting what I'm saying mid-sentence, and then there's the extra surprises like losing things/permanently forgetting where I put them, forgetting to change into the right shoes for work (was lucky I just ended up with tan flats with a black outfit for work, flip flops or slippers which would have been just as likely), forgetting to get things that were the main reason I went to the store, etc. Honestly those happened in the last 2 days and I can't remember my weirder preg brain moments from further back, but I know there have been quite a few that made DH and I go huh. Forgetting to participate in HDBD is one I am trying to work on because in theory it should be easy to remember to take weekly bump pics!  :p
  • LGW2015LGW2015 member
    edited June 2016
    This morning I totally flossed and then jumped in the shower, completely forgetting I hadn't brushed my teeth. I'm just glad I finally did realize
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Yesterday I got totally ready to go and didn't realize I never put my contacts in. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • Yesterday I got totally ready to go and didn't realize I never put my contacts in. 
    LOL know how your eyes see words you haven't read yet and changes them? Ya I saw "I never put my clothes on"
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Kc0825Kc0825 member
    I love to grill. And the other day I started the grill. Went inside to get the food, sat down... 20 some mins later remembered "O crap the grill is on" went outside. Melted the crap out of our siding. I guess I also forgot to move it away from the house 
  • mrszoessmrszoess member
    edited June 2016
    I turned off the Ac last night bc it was cold in bed (I have a wifi thermostat) and I forgot to turn it back on. it's 91 degrees today. 82 indoors when I got home from visiting another October mama on bed rest. no good 

edit bc I didn't realize the pic tells you my exact location LOL
  • My husband just informed me that I left one of our gas burners on the stove on low the other day when I went out (he works from home) with no pot or anything on it.  Whoops!  I have never done that before.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Oct 16 March Siggy Challenge

Oct 16 Feb Siggy Challenge

• I forgot to put the gas cap back on after pumping gas the other night. Thankfully we live down the street so I backtracked and found it at the stop light.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • Apparently pregnancy brain has affected my already terrible math skills. Doing  simple math to figure some things out has become frustratingly difficult lately. Good thing my honey is great with numbers. 
  • I forgot it was my turn to pick up my 3 year old at daycare on Wednesday could not figure out why they were calling me at 330pm then I realized omg I forgot Adeline. I don't think she's had a donut in her hand so fast. She was all happy she got to play later lol her pickup time is 2pm.
  • I messed up our budget really bad this month, math isn't my friend lately. And of course I went a little nuts shopping for the baby since I thought we had "extra" money! Our mortgage will be really late, luckily we have till the 16th to pay!! And even happier we get extra pay checks this month. I refuse to touch our savings and mess that up too. And today I thought I had training at work, nope starts tomorrow. I was sitting in an empty conference room totally confused until my supervisor texted me asking where I was since I was over a half hour late for the start of my shift. Whoopsie!!! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• LauraPCOS said:
    I'm a sign language interpreter and it sucks struggling with words in both languages while working....the students and interpreters I work with are finding it hilarious though.
    Literally had to finger spell "science" at an expo.  Could not for the life of me remember the sign.  I'm a flippin' scientist.  It's probably my most-signed word relating to work.  *sigh*  Of course my fingers go right to a swear word though....

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Slip ups at work like crazy and I HATE IT. I adore my boss (he fought for me to be in his department when we changed into business units last year), so whenever he as to come over and tell me something that I missed or messed up, it makes me want to cry because I let him down (especially because it's usually something I know better about). He's never mean about it, it's just dumb pregnancy hormones making it way worse than it is.

And I just can't speak or type to save my life lately. Words come out of my mouth all wrong and I type like I've never seen a keyboard before. I had to hit backspace so many times while typing this it was embarrassing!!
     Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • We have one of those instant hot water faucets at our kitchen sink. I can't recall how many times I have confused it for either the soap pump, or the main faucet. Yep. Hands all in near-boiling water.
  • I put this in randoms but made hummus today, FORGOT TO PUT CHICKPEAS IN. Actually started eating it too and was like "well this is really strong... maybe it's the tahini...." duh.
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • I keep forgetting to lock the car doors when I get home.  Luckily, I always remember when we're out and about.
  • This happened not once, but twice in the past two days.  I put a piece of bread in the toaster and walked away to clean up for a bit while waiting.  Two minutes later, the toast pops up and I jump like an elephant that just spotted a mouse because I forgot that I put the bread in the toaster.
  • I have a fedex package of medicine that I thought I scheduled to come friday but it's coming tomorrow at 10:30am but I'm not going to be here! So I double checked and apparently I did schedule it to come thursday but I meant it to be friday. 
    And now I'm sobbing because of course the world is over. These emotions are the worst. 
    And I just dropped a mini saw blade down the dryer lint hole.
  • The other day I found a mug of coffee in the microwave that I had reheated the day before.
  • NoraAuroraNoraAurora member
    edited June 2016
    Mine are always shoe related (or dumb work stuff). I have 3 pairs of birkenstock sandals, and somehow I always mix up two of them.

A couple weeks ago I got ready to go to the gym, packed the kid up in the car, stopped quick at a coffee shop drive through to get a pre-workout snack (starving), and got to the gym to realize I was wearing sandals. So I went back home, and stayed there.

At work, I call doctors about patient orders. But I always forget the patient's name. So my phone call starts out like "Hi, I'm calling about your patient.........in room ____.........Mr/Mrs..........um (scrambling to look it up)..." And they're just going "yeah and??"

Or they call me after I'd paged them (in my defense I may have sent the page 15-30 minutes ago and only a thousand things have happened in the time between) and I swear they read the page describing the problem like zero percent of the time. So they just announce their name and wait. I'm just like "yeah Idk why I called. Gimme a minute." I actually had one doc say "you're wasting my time" after a whole 5 seconds of silence passed while I frantically checked my notes. Uh huh, no worries you're still gonna get paid asshole. 
  • I am supervising two Master's students in my project (first time I'm doing this, so kind of a big deal) and one of them needed a data document to plan her analysis. At the time some of the data still hadn't been entered, so I gave her the mostly finished version and told her I'd send the complete version in a few days. So I entered the data, then forgot to send it. A week goes by and she sends me a reminder. It was the day I was on unofficial bedrest. Well I felt bad about forgetting and sent her a quick note with the document attached. At least I THOUGHT I did. Turns out I saved it as a draft in my email... So now she hasn't heard from me in almost two weeks and emails my boss asking for the document. Of course when my boss asks me about it I have no idea what she's taking about because I think I sent everything. 
    Yeah, not my shining career moment :(
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • @books&icecream Forgetting to send what I thought I already sent is a big issue of mine right now!

But so far, my worst of the worst yet was yesterday. I was on the phone with FI while waiting to pick up DS from summer school. I asked him to hold on for a second while I pulled up to the school and put the phone down... then forgot about it... 10 minutes later I get a less-than-happy text message about it  :# Oops!
  • Spent 20 minutes looking through my purse and car for my cell phone once I got to work...only to realize it was on my desk the whole time...
  • So, I was at work trying to have an oatmeal, and instead of filling the cup with hot water I did it with the cold one, and yes I realized once the cup was full, and no, I had no extra one :(

Besides that, I have to say I work with no

• I submitted the same paper three times to my principal. First one, through email. She said to print it out and give it to her. Done. Then I forgot to add an adjustment and had to fix it and print it again. 
    I also forgot to submit lesson plans two weeks ago. I wrote them and uploaded but never actually hit submit. Oops lol
    DS born 2016