Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

Intro: 17 week loss

So I've (unfortunately) been reading this message board for the past three weeks but never introduced myself until now. I did post a similar intro in another thread so I'm sorry if this is redundant. 

This was my first pregnancy and I had a normal pregnancy up to my 12 week NT scan. Scan numbers were fine, I was told I had an anterior placenta, but my hormone levels were super low PAPP-A (0.13) and super high hcG (2.something) which put my trisomy 21 risk at 1:45 when it usually is 1:500 for my
age (29). I had a CVS procedure at 13 wks which came back with no chromosomal abnormalities and I did the Recombine genetic mapping and was not a genetic carrier for anything. Fast forward to week 16 when I had some moderate bleeding- went in for an ultrasound and the baby was fine, saw the heartbeat and was told it might just be old blood. A week later I bled again, but was told not to come in because if anything was happening there was nothing they could do. The next few days my uterus had a heavy feeling which I contributed to the bleeding and stretching of my uterus. Three days after the start of the second bleed, I woke up to what looked like a scene from a horror movie- blood everywhere in my bed. I ran to the bathroom and was losing a lot of blood and passing huge clots. Went to the hospital and found out that there was no heartbeat and my placenta looked very abnormal and was starting to separate from my uterus hence all the bleeding and my now swollen looking uterus. Since my body had already started the birthing process, I was given miso orally every three hrs to help pass the baby and placenta. Three doses later they did the miso internally and after the second internal dose, shortly after I gave birth to my little boy. They gave me a shot in my leg to contract my uterus some more and 1 hr later I birthed the placenta. They sent the placenta to pathology after birth and found a huge hemorrhage that would not have been seen on the ultrasound. In hindsight the two bouts with bleeding were precursors for my miscarriage. I just stopped bleeding a few days ago (so three weeks after) so I have not had my first period yet. 

I had a virus panel of bloodwork done which came back negative for everything and my dr wants me to wait until 12 wks after to get the clotting panel done but believes due to my weird hormone levels at all my screenings and the hemorrhage, this was just a one time thing that we were unlucky to experience and should not effect subsequent pregnancies. We were just that 1 in whatever number chance statistic that everyone hopes not to be.

The hospital gave us a memory box with pictures of our son and his hand/footprints as well as the tiny knit cap he was wearing in the picture. The emotional healing has been up and down and the smallest things I wouldn't have thought would effect me do. We didn't share the pregnancy news with many people because of all the issues we had, so I haven't run into anyone asking about the pregnancy yet. I know there is no timeline for feeling "better." These past three weeks have felt like an eternity and hopefully with time I will be able to cope a little better. I'm so thankful for my husband who is so understanding of everything as well as my immediate family for giving me the space and time I've needed. I'm also thankful that this message board is here so I know that I'm not alone in this situation. <3

Re: Intro: 17 week loss

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss.  It is unfortunate that you find yourself here, but I hope you can find some support from the wonderful ladies on this board.  Hugs.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Options
    I am very sorry for your loss and everything you have been through. This process is very difficult and I don't know what I would have done without the support of all these wonderful women. Wishing you strength during this difficult process.
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    fioripfiorip member
    My heart aches for you and wish you find peace, it's hard, really hard and it takes an incredible amount of effort and time. Give yourself the time to heal, everything might seem like a nightmare right now but it will get better, I promise. You won't ever forget it, and you'll still have hard days where you'll just want to cry your eyes out but not all the time. I've had two second trimester loss, one at almost 22 weeks and another at 17 weeks. I honestly don't know how I'm still standing sometimes but the thing is life is hard, and it's filled with difficult moments where we just have to pull through to keep on living and pray things get better. 
    I'm 29, husband is 30
    Together since 2006
    Married 01.17.15  <3

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

• Options
    I am so sorry for your loss
  • Options
    @fiorip I read your story in another post and I am so sorry for your losses as well. Your story and insight are simulaneously heartbreaking and comforting and for that I am thankful. Thinking of you and your family  <3
  • Options
    I'm so so sorry <3

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: