Is it FRIDAY???

Confess!!

But know I'm totally judging you!

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
Married: September 2014!
TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

Re: FFFC

• cabu14cabu14 member

I'll confess.. I'm a little worried.. I went from being over the moon - can't stop thinking about being KU and can't stop reading everything there is to know... to not excited and not even wanting to talk about it really.. IDK if it is the nasty morning sickness (peppermint candies are helping though!!) or just the total ick feeling I have had lately.. but this weird emotional feeling is def something I wasn't expecting!  Is there such a thing as pre-pardem depression?  I feel like I sound so stupid and totally against anything I thought I would be. 

• I think ups and downs are totally normal - even if it's planned and you're excited about it, adding a baby is a huge change and it can be overwhelming to think about. You can bring it up at your next appointment (or call if you really are concerned). FX you feel back to your normal self soon! 

My fffc: I am not drinking as much water as I should today because we are driving 8 hours total and I don't want to stop every 30 minutes to pee. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Loading the player...
  • I took the day off of work because my daughter's school is closed.  I know I should be savoring this time with her, but after spending almost all day with a toddler while dealing with MS I really just want my husband to come home early so I can hide from everyone.  

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    @cabu14 I've been going through something similar. I definitely think it's pretty normal, especially with the first tri being so ridiculously hard, having to hide your pregnancy (for the most part), and just the general feeling of grossness. 

@ceclarlinetlo I totally did that this week while H and I were traveling so much. Just get some extra water when you get stopped ;) 

My FFFC: I had the day off work today and was totally planning on being productive and getting my house spotless. It took me all day to get my bedroom cleaned. I'm *very* particular about the state of my house, and being so tired and sick feeling is not conducive to this. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• I can't stand my dog right now. He's still a puppy, so there are some annoying aspects to him. He is jumping on people constantly, and he nips and bites all the time. He is always under foot, and I trip over him. He needs obedience training before the baby gets here. Ugh, thank goodness he's cute. 
  • TinaBelcherTinaBelcher member
    edited June 2016
    My OB told me this afternoon that I should gain about 50# with this pregnancy and I almost shit myself. TERRIFYING. 

(My brain legit shut down for a minute. I feel so vain and stupid for that but ho.ly.shit.  :'( I don't wanna!!)
  • hayhay2501hayhay2501 member
    edited June 2016
    @cabu14 I feel the SAME way. I very much wanted a baby and was so excited when I found out but now I just feel stressed about it. And at the lowest points worry that I've made a terrible mistake and my life is over. Plus I've started dreading telling my boss. My company was so flexible with me through my mom's sickness that I'm worried they're going to hate me when I tell them. I think there are just so many changes happening and it's all a LOT to process. Especially with a first baby!! Hopefully I start feeling excited again soon...
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • cabu14cabu14 member
    @hayhay87 exactly!! wow I am glad I am not alone.  I look forward to when I feel normal and happy again!!

• I gave up trying to hide my bump at work even though I haven't announced it. I notice people checking out my bump, but I work with a lot of men in Engineering so I doubt they'll say anything. Also it's kind of helped me really embrace pregnancy! Like here is my adorable bump - sorry I'm mean to you sometimes but now you know why! 

Side note... I ate almost half of a container of banana peppers from the Farmers Market this week. I don't even care. They're delicious. 
  • Omg cabu14 thank you for saying something first..pre-pardem depression? I thought I was the only one and I was feeling so guilty which is like a merry go round for the emotions.

FFFC: I feel WAY too emotional and needy. I caught myself getting in an argument with H because he wasn't saying I love you or good morning when he woke up. Just rolling out of bed and waltzing into the bathroom without eye contact. So I flipped.. maybe I should maybe I shouldn't of ...either way..when will this unexpected neediness go away?
  • ACOG suggests that 14-23% of women experience some degree of depression during pregnancy- it's not uncommon and it's not your fault! 
  • @cabu14 You are definitely not alone.  I've been through the emotional ringer with trying to have another baby that I have not connected to this baby at all.  Knowing there is a little complication going on with this pregnancy is not helping.  I want to be so excited about this pregnancy but I'm having a hard time thinking this baby will actually become a reality.  Plus, I think of how hard it is going to be with 2 kids and it makes me stressed.  I feel so guilty that I feel down about it all but I'm hoping that things will start to change further along down the road.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • KurtniKurtni member
    @Teach123 if you can spring for some obedience classes, it's so worth it. Made such a difference in my puppy. I felt kind of lazy having someone else train my dog, but hey it worked. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • LecoolLecool member
    Big hugs @cabu14. Never feel guilty about how you feel. 

Me: 28 | DH: 31
    Together since 2006 | Married May 2015
    TTC #1 since November 2015
    BFP 5/17/16 | EDD 1/27/17 | Born 2/4/17

• My fffc: I am not drinking as much water as I should today because we are driving 8 hours total and I don't want to stop every 30 minutes to pee. 
    Well - guess I learned the hard way that not staying hydrated = barfing. Learn from me ladies - just drink enough and take the bathroom breaks.
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• H's adult son went into our freezer and ate my last vanilla drumstick. We eat a pregnant hormonal woman's icecream?
  • edited June 2016
    H's adult son went into our freezer and ate my last vanilla drumstick. Why eat a pregnant hormonal woman's icecream?
  • @TinaBelcher 50 pounds?! That would freak me out too.

BabyFetus Ticker

• I gained 60lbs with my one daughter even though I ate pretty well and exercised.....
  • @Teach123 Not only obedience classes but I would recommend a dog book specific for bringing a baby into the fold. I read Good Dog Happy Baby and implementing some of his techniques really help with my 3 year old crazy beagle! I was amazed!

My Confession is that we told the in-laws yesterday  and I am so scared they are going to spill the beans to all the extended family/ friends. I sort of regret telling them. We are visiting them for the weekend and I feel like when we visit other people I have to remind them "we aren't telling anyone else until later." Otherwise I fear they would bring ite up in conversation. 

• sagoonsagoon member
    My diet has already turned to crap with this pregnancy.  My brain just justifies everything with 'I'm eating for two!'.  Last time I gained 55 lbs and I REALLY don't want to do that again.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker