December 2016 Moms
Options

For those of us still having... digestive issues

And by digestive I mean poop.  ;)  I found something that FINALLY works for me.  I'd been taking the psyllium capsules religiously, LOTS of them, and it wasn't working.  So I switched to Digestive Advantage Constipation Formula and the heavens opened up... I'm finally regular again!  This has been an ongoing issue for me even before I got pregnant, and this stuff actually WORKS.  I don't know if it's the probiotics or the magnesium and I don't care.  Bonus: magnesium makes me sleepy, so I take it before bed and I sleep better.
Dec 2016 BMB August Siggy Challenge: Awkward Back to School Photos

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
VOTE on my Name List

Re: For those of us still having... digestive issues

• Options
    I love Digestive Advantage. I take their Lactose Formula for lactose intolerance. I love taking one pill once a day and being able to have all the dairy I want. I also used to take the Intensive Bowl Support for my IBS, but stopped when I changed my diet to help manage it. All of their formulas are made to stay in the gut, so my doctor okayed them for continued use while pregnant. But my lactose intolerance has been reversed during pregnancy, so I'm taking full advantage of it!
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    R0824HR0824H member
    wait...squatty potty?! I missed that somewhere lol
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Alright, I am looking into that. I haven't moved a BM since Friday, and that was all due to nerves for my first appointment. I do have a possible interview for a new job this week (within my company) and usually those clear me out too. But, wow. I need something. I wore my maternity capri jeans yesterday mainly due to my protruding "I need to poop" stomach.

I am going to Target tomorrow and will look for them, or try some Metamucil. I have also debated the squatty potty.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    I took two doses of Zofran this weekend... the only two I needed this whole pregnancy and it was at freaking 13.5 weeks btw which is so ridiculous bc my nausea should be getting better not worse at this point!! Anyways, it stopped my bowels up instantly. I had to take colace and senna to finally poop after 2.5 days and starting to get so uncomfortable. Stupid Zofran. You ladies that have had to take it regularly have my sympathy. I know not everyone has that side effect but it is definitely one of the most common and of course happened to me right away. 

I, like @R0824H also missed the squatty potty thing so I'm hoping someone fills us in ASAP. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    watch this for the info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbYWhdLO43Q
    but I just turn my trash can upside down and use that.
    @PharmDMom and @R0824H
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Aaaaahhh I love it! Just LOL'd for a nice long time. Maybe some good laughing will jiggle my poop out? ***off to go find the kids potty step stool to use as a squatty potty in case the laughing doesn't do the trick***

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Squatty potty (small step stool in my case) has been a complete game changer. It's amazing how something so simple makes my life so much better!
  • Options
    I have a small step stool that used to be in my closet when I lived by myself, but now is in one of our storage closets for other stuff. I may need to just put that in the bathroom, even if it's our basement one for the time being. However, work must make me go cos I finally went this morning. Go figure. Oh well... I feel much better now!
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

• Options
    I take tons of magnesium and have for sometime, but it never made me poop. Milk of magnesia has been the only thing to help me go. I am looking to start a probiotic since the baby inherits all of it's gut bacteria from the mom. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    Totally use my toddler's potty as a squatty potty. It turns into a step stool too so it's the perfect height and firmness to help the poops come a little easier. Pregnancy is so glamorous.
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    These have helped me SO much! I was eattong prunes but it wasn't working. These have 8g of fiber per wrap and they are delicious! One a day and I'm back to pooping semi regularly again!! I recommend with hummus, rotisserie chicken, cucumber, tomato and a little garlic vinaigrette!! Enjoy and hope it help!
  • Options
    @slartybartfast  I don't think I will be able to eat soft serve ice cream again for a long time! haha
    but here's to hoping the squatty potty can help me out. thanks! :smile: 
    <3 D 2014 
    DD- 11/2016
  • Options
    Oh my gosh you girls are life savers! I can't believe I'm only seeing this now! I haven't pooped in FIVE DAYS! I've been taking a normal probiotic, a stool softener, eating fiber and activia, and STILL NOTHING. Squatty potty and digestive advantage here I come!  ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    Oh no! 5 days? Time for Miralax! It is a laxative but my nurse told me it was safe and I've used it several times during 1st trimester.

Keep us posted if it works!
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3 
  • Options
    kbdukekbduke member
    Has anyone used Dulcolax suppositories? That's what my OB suggested for when things get really bad. I haven't had any experience with this brand or... method.
  • Options
    Hello! I am new here and this is actually my first post :)

This is my first pregnancy but I have a lot of experience in this area due to a previous illness. I have tried the Dulcolax suppositories and they work but not as good as the Miralax. My husband administered the Dulcolax with a sterile glove...a nurse at the hospital gave him some pointers. You have to really stick it up there!

After reading this post a few days ago I finally bought the squatters potty. I had seen it on shark tank and was on the fence but let me tell ya! It arrived yesterday and I used it this morning. Instead of spending 20 minutes in the bathroom and being late to work, I was able to go pretty quickly. I also take daily fiber gummies and hoping to reintroduce more greens into my diet. 

That was a long post... But pooping is so near and dear to my heart!! 
  • Options
    I found something that works!

2 stool softeners, lots of water, followed by half of a tall iced Starbucks coffee.

I gave up caffeine for the baby, but miralax was making me throw up----- this worked! Two bm in two days!!!!!!!!
    Me: 35 Husband: 40
    TTC #2: Jan 2019
     DS: 2.5 yo 
     EDD: 12/2/16 DOB: 10/22/16
    (Previously MBS2016 Dec 2016 board
    <3         <3