Pregnant after IF

**2nd Trimester - Week of June 6th**

PiperellaPiperella member
edited June 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 2nd trimester: weeks 14 through the end of week 27.

Congrats to all the strong ladies who have made it this far! It's such a great feeling and we've all accomplished so much! We are now 1 week closer to the end of this especially long journey we call "infertility".

Please post below a little about yourself, how many beans you have growing inside, if you have found out the sex(es) and what your EDD is. Please also let us know how far you've made it on your journey and when your next appt is and what for.

Mommies to Be:
@Alyeena EDD 9/1/16 with 1 boy!
@chrissym126 EDD 9/8/16 with 1 bean! Team Green!
@piperella EDD 10/2/16 with 1 boy!
@ecb3588 EDD 10/16/16 with 1 bean!
@kennelchick EDD 10/18/16 with 1 girl!
@Morningstar80 EDD 10/18/16 with 1 boy!
@laur2444 EDD 10/19/16 with 1 boy!
@Jerseygirl856 EDD 10/20/16 with 1 girl!
@sassysd7 EDD 10/31/16 with 2 beans!
@tvh1982 EDD 11/11/16 with 1 girl!
@ZoeFer EDD 11/14/16 with 1 bean!
@Rachd110 EDD 11/19/16 with 1 bean!
@mskeenan EDD 11/20/16 with 1 boy!
@vmjones05 EDD 11/26/16 
@PrayingMom2Be EDD 12/3/16
@ssandberg EDD 12/4/16 with 1 girl and 1 boy!
@capps42613 EDD 12/5/16
@hskoien27 EDD ??/??/16

Congrats to @emsmama15 who has graduated to the 3rd trimester!

QOTW: Do you have a nickname for your little one growing inside you?  What's the story behind it?
QOTW2: If there is a nickname for you that other people use, would you like to share it?  What's the story behind it?

Re: **2nd Trimester - Week of June 6th**

• Hello ladies! I'm in week 17 and saw my little snowflake again. Of course she, jupp it's a girl! wasn't cooperating so my ultrasound picture is well crap really :)
    But she let us look between the legs, that's a pluss.
    My RE (I haven't cut the umbilical cord completely and still see him once in a while) said I have a low-lying placenta so need to get more follow up. The 17th I have another ul at my OB's so I hope by then it has moved a little.
    Besides that all is going well, just a tad crazy.
    I resigned my job and will be moving back to the Netherlands. Trying to sell my apartment, find an apartment, pack, fix movers, check out taxes, find documents,... not sure what I was thinking.

QOTW1: I call her snowflake, since she was frozen before and that was the term everyone used. It stuck with me.

QOTW2: My mum calls me weiffie, which actually means wifey in English, but it's a nickname in Dutch. She has a different one for my sister and nieces, and she only uses it in txt or when she calls.
    Im also TT within a group of friends: Tall Tanja (I'm 5.11) as other Tawnya was tiny and that's how they separate us :)

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• YAY!  Thanks @piperella!!

*** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Loading the player...
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    edited June 2016
    Hello all ! I am 17 weeks today and everything is going well. I am feeling well , I sometimes forget that I am pregnant (until I see my growing belly :)) I had my Dr. appointment last week but did not have any ultrasounds. I have three weeks left to see our LO again. I am literally counting the days :) 

Congrats @tvh1982 on the baby girl, it is so exciting ! and best of luck with the move, I wish you the best in Netherlands. I think it is so important to be surrounded with family when the baby comes. 

QOTW1: we called the little one TomTom because he/she looked like an astronaut in the u/s at 9 weeks and both H and I love the space oddity from Bowie so we use the Major Tom as nickname and made it tomtom to be gender neutral .
    QOTW2: My name is a highly popular name in my home country so throughout my school years they always used my surname and made funny nicknames out of my surname. But noone uses them anymore.
  • Hello ladies ! I am 16 weeks and feeling larger . My belly is getting hard to suck in now . It feels so weird ! I've fluctuated a lot in weight before and  had a pooch when I haven't been eating right but this belly is feeling different ! Maybe it really is the baby starting to show a tad now , haha . I have my 16 week checkup with my OB tomorrow . No US planned or anything . I will be asking a lot of questions about my bleeding last week . 

QOTW : I call my baby "my meatball ". My husband and I both have Italian blood and so it just seemed right . I remember Snooki on the jersey shore called kids "meatballs " so that's where I got the idea . It's def a joke . I also call him by his most likely name a lot too, which is Leo ! 
    QOTW2: A lot of people call me "Maddie " . My name is Madison so it's just an easy way to shorten my name . I don't really care for it because when I was a kid and wanted to be all grown up I thought it made me sound younger . 

@tvh1982 congrats on the girl ! How exciting !!!! I know how stressful moving can be. We moved homes a month ago (same city just different house ) and that was even a lot for me . I hope everything goes smoothly and glad you will have some good support . 

@zoefer how cute !! Love the nick name tom tom 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @mskeenan thanks :) I read somewhere that your bleeding stopped and I am so happy to hear that. Best of luck with your appointment tomorrow. I hope that the rest of your pregnancy goes just smoothly until you meet your Leo !
  • @tvh1982 congrats on the little girl! It's all so exciting! Major props to you for taking on the moving project. I hate moving. When DH and I bought our house 6 years ago I told him if we ever move we will be hiring movers. 

AFM: this is week 21. No appointments this week, we do have the second part of our anatomy scan next week (she wouldn't cooperate with everything they needed to see).  We just got back from our babymoon on Martha's Vineyard. It was a nice relaxing weekend and I feel like we reconnected. The only part that sucked was we went to the beach on Saturday and I managed to get a horrible sunburn on the tops of my feet making walking very painful. My dogs were very happy to see us when we walked in the door, almost as happy as I was to take my shoes off and put my feet and!

QOTW: I call my baby snowflake, it just stuck from the frozen embryo. I don't have a nickname, so I have no cool stories to share. :smile: 
  • Hey! Happy to be here in my first week into my 2nd trimester :smiley: it's nice to see some familiar names here! For those of you who don't know me... I'm here after our first fresh cycle of IVF + ICSI (me: low AMH, DH: severe MFI). We transferred (2) 3 day embryos, both implanted, but one sac was empty at our 1st u/s. We have our anatomy scan scheduled for July 14th, however, our next MFM appt is 6/20 & we plan to ask if they can see the sex @ 16 weeks vs 19. I look forward to getting to know you all!

@tvh1982 congrats on a baby girl!!!

QOTW: I'm so boring... "The baby" is what DH and I call him/her lol. Can't wait to find out the sex so we can put an actual name to it. Lol
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Thank you ladies. As I was convinced it was a boy, I feel my brain hasn't caught up just yet that I will be having a little girl.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Hi ladies! I'll be 21 weeks on Thursday and I have been feeling well. I had my anatomy scan last week and our baby girl is looking great! Even got to see her in 3D and she was perfect, I actually cried. She was not cooperative so they were unable to see everything so I'll be going back next week. I learned that I have an anterior placenta so I won't be feeling movements until her kicks get stronger. Aside from that I have the standard follow up with OB tomorrow. 

QOTW: I don't have a nickname and we now refer to the baby as "baby girl"..we are working on picking out a name in the meantime. 
  • Hello!  I'm in my 23rd week now and things are going pretty well.  The kicks, rolls, and punches are definitely real and Bojangles is doing a great job of kicking.  I have a posterior placenta but still didn't really realize I was feeling kicks until about week 21.  It makes me queasy sometimes.

Pregnancy brain is in full effect.  I can't remember names, if I unplugged the flat iron/curling iron, if I told a story already,etc.  I don't have an appointment until next Wednesday when I go in for my 24 week checkup and ultrasound.  I then have a 28 week appt/ultrasound and then I go 2x a week until he's born!  Some days I feel I look pregnant, other times, I don't.  I'm carrying him fairly low (and I was plus size to begin with), so I'm not getting the belly rubs/pats from people and many coworkers don't say anything because I think they don't know if I'm just gaining weight or pregnant still. :)

@tvh1982 - Congrats on a girl!  I thought I was having a girl and ended up with a boy!  haha.. it happens and your mind will adjust with time.  It's like we have to rewire our thinking of scenarios of them growing up with the other sex in mind now.  

Welcome to the 2nd trimester, @capps42613!
  • Yay @capps42613 ! Glad you are joining us in second tri ! Hello again !

i had my 16 week OB visit today . Leo's heartbeat is strong :) they said my SCHs were small enough to wait until my 20 week visit for another ultrasound . I'm so relieved all is well . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @tvh1982You have a lot going on. Good luck on the move!

@capps42613 it's great to see you here, welcome to the second trimester. 

@Piperella it must be so exciting feeling your baby move around in your belly. I can't wait to feel that. 

As for me, I'm 16 weeks and 4 days today. I started spotting brown blood yesterday. I talked to my midwife and she thinks it could be from DH and I being intimate on Saturday. She told me to rest, drink lots of fluids and no physical activity for 48 hours after spotting stops. First time we did the deed since before my transfer and it caused me to spot. I know it's not hurting the baby, but seeing blood is so nerve wrecking so I don't think we'll be having sex again until the baby is born.

DH and I can't decide on a nickname. I thought of Springy, short for off-spring and spring can also mean rebirth, but he doesn't like it. He wants to call our unborn baby leechy cuz he/she is leeching all my nutrients and will continue to leech after birth. Iol, I don't know about that nickname. My friend's two year old daughter suggested baby scrubby. It sounded so cute coming out of her mouth, but I'm not calling my baby a scrub. Lol
  • PiperellaPiperella member
    edited June 2016
    So like a ditz I totally forgot to do my QOTW

QOTW: His nickname is Bojangles.. and that is because when my DH and I were driving home at 4am after seen my newly born nephew, we were thinking of the worst names ever.  Our name we both liked was Bocephius Bojangles.  No idea where it came from, but we call our little one Bojangles, as it's not a serious name contender. His name was Snowflake up until we knew the sex.
    QOTW2: I was a camp counselor for a number of years, and because my favorite color was purple, my nickname was Purple.  My first email was even purple@----.com (back in 1997-98ish). I no longer use the nickname of purple in email addresses, names on discussion boards, and the Internet in general..haha. 

@Rachd110 - I love the nickname Springy!  Your DH's nickname for the baby cracks me up as my DH mentioned one day that Bojangles was a parasite.  Boys are just sooo weird.
  • Hi all!!! I will be 21 weeks tomorrow and aside from some back pain occasionally, all is going well! Super excited we leave Sunday for Vegas for 6 days (since Zika cramped all our other ideas for trips! Lol)!! It was kinda frustrating though, went shopping yesterday for a few things for the trip and nothing fits right. I'm up around 10 pounds, and still just look awkward more than anything else. I'm waiting for the actual pregnancy look to kick in and then I think I'll be ok! This interim phase is just so blah! 
    Qotw: we just have been calling our LO little man or little guy! We are all over the place with actual names so who knows what we'll decide. My husbands family is super Italian so he would like something more traditional, while I'm into more trendy names. He really likes Luca, which I do like as well but there are so many names I like more! Not looking foward to having to decide, so little man is good for now!! Lol
  • I'm jealous @laur2444 ! I love Vegas !!! Have a great trip . Glad you are doing well !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Hey everyone. I´m at 21 weeks and this little boy is moving a bunch. I think he might have kicked for the first time yesterday. It was during a really painful massage by my physical therapist (I have developed crazy muscle pain and am tight everywhere). I felt like he was trying to say "Hey You! Don´t hurt my Mommy!" :D:D

Last week we had our anatomy scan and everything looked great although I think he is camera shy. He would not pose pretty to get any good sonogram pictures. We have a Dr´s appt next week and my MIL is coming along to see our LO on screen. Hopefully he cooperates (and hopefully my MIL keeps her mouth shut and doesn´t try to hijack our appt with her questions). 

QOTW: My husband and I speak Spanish with each other so we call our little guy Garbancito (little chickpea in Spanish). It has caught on and both sets of grandparents use it. Although my Dad is scared he´ll be stuck with Garbancito for life!

QOTW2: My friend and I call each other Buffs. It started out as BFF (best friends forever...I know it sounds like we´re 12 but we were actually in our mid-20s), then morphed into Buffas, then just Buffs. Over 10 years later we still use it. 

• It's week 27 as of this morning, and I can't believe my name is almost at the top of list and I'll "graduate" next week! I passed my glucose test and I am relieved. Naturally, I celebrated with some Oreos (but had a broccoli salad for lunch).

Congratulations on your little girl, @tvh1982! How exciting. Good luck on the move! It's probably easier to do it while pregnant than once the baby is born, if that's any consolation.

@Morningstar80, if you think it's a kick, it probably was! The first time I felt my baby kick was around that time. I was lying on my side, reading Dorothy Sayers, and I thought the nachos I've had the night before were making an unwanted appearance. Turns out it was not bad chorizo, it was my baby. 

QOTW: I jokingly call my baby The Heir, but a friend of mine also calls him or her "Clementeenie," back from the days before I had a visible bump and the baby was much smaller! But mostly I just wish there was a gender neutral pronoun so I could stop saying him or her.