Pregnant after IF

Randoms Week of June 6

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears, etc.? Spill them here!

This is a good place to ask questions to a broader audience than the weekly check-ins, so ladies in other trimesters with experience may chime in and help you out! 
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: Randoms Week of June 6

• Random thought anyone ever get a numbness in there hands like it fell asleep? It's happened the last couple of days for a few minutes. Also I have been getting weird blurred vision that last about 5 minutes or more this happen to anyone else?
  • @ultratomato Changes in vision and carpel tunnel are both pregnancy symptoms and could explain both. I would bring them up at your next appointment just in case they are signs of anything else you need to monitor. As long as you're not experiencing a lot of swelling with your vision changes, you should be fine. That's also usually more of a concern in weeks 20+ (could be a sign of preeclampsia). 

I want to say I noticed my vision getting blurry for a little early on, but it was temporary and I can see clearly now.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Loading the player...
  • I do get a little blurry vision once in a while @ultratomato, but it comes together with feeling faint and I think it was a blood pressure symptom. Might be worth mentioning on your next visit like riveridgional said, just so they keep an extra eye out for you :smile: 

AFM: Any ladies have a low laying placenta? I apparently have one, my RE wasn't to concerned as it will work out: either it moves or either it doesn't. Who doesn't love an optimistic guy like that.
    But I'm just a wee bit worried about c-section and moving countries and not having insurance in both countries, not to mention the bleeding that might occur..and boy I should stay away from google :smile: 

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @tvh1982 I feel like I have no understanding of anatomy BUT i was told I have an anterior placenta . That's not the same thing is it ? I was told I probably won't be able to feels kicks and movement as early because of it . My understanding is that it is likely to move later on . What's the concern with a low lying placenta ? Are they concerned about placenta previa ? My doc checked for that when I was in the ER with all the bleeding :( 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Random thought does anyone suffer from pain in the butt/hip? Some days I can barely get out bed and walk. Last week I learned that LO like to hang low and I wonder if that's the cause of the pain. I have an appointment tomorrow and will mention it to the doc. Just wondering if anyone else has experience this. 
  • @mskeenan I had to google. It's placenta previa I have at the moment. Which could change to anterior placenta if it moves up as I have it situated mostly on the belly side.
    Right now it blocks the exit, so there is no way the baby can get out. He did ask if I had bleeding, as that quite often goes hand in hand. 
    But after reading a little bit more I read that only about 0,2% doesn't move up by week 32, so my odds aren't that bad. Guess that's why my RE didn't make a real fuss about it and just said to keep an eye out.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• @Jerseygirl856 sounds like sciatic pain to me and can be caused by the baby laying or putting pressure on your sciatic nerve. I've heard yoga makes it feel better. I had it pretty frequent from weeks 18-21, but it self improved. During that time, I would try to shift weight into my other foot or hip when sitting or standing. If I could lie down, I would lay on the opposite side from the pain. Laying down especially seemed to help. 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• Oh that's good @tvh1982 . It's still early so there is plenty of time for it to move . It's so hard to tell gauge how serious doctors think things are . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• Random thought of the day - I feel like my belly swelled over night . I think some people may think I just look like I put on some lbs but it feels so weird . I've been trying to hide my pregnancy from my patients but I am afraid I'm starting to look obvious . I wear scrubs to work that were not tight at all but now they are hugging my belly . I think it's time to start wearing maternity . When did y'all bust out the maternity clothes ? I'm excited to wear them but haven't because I don't want to be obvious . 

**BFP and loss warning**

• @riveridgional that's what I thought as well. It started at 19weeks but I thought it was from a busy day at work. But it would occur even when I wasn't working. I'll be 21 weeks this week so hopefully it resolves but if not I will look into yoga. Thanks for tips!
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    @tvh1982 I do not have any knowledge about low placenta but I saw a thread about it in the 2nd trimester board. it might be an interest for you. I hope your placenta moves up so you will not need to worry about that. 
    @mskeenan my belly popped out suddenly at around 16 weeks:) I cannot hide it anymore and I feel confident to tell everyone so i do not try to wear too loose anymore. But I still did not buy any maternity clothes, I am wearing some of loose pants or straight pants with bella band. Since it is warm now, i can wear my skirts and dresses which I enjoy better :) I think I will buy few pairs of maternity pants this weekend.
  • I'll have a look there, thank you @zoefer.

My belly popped at 13weeks as the nurse pointed out at the hospital @mskeenen. It's like that. Left the Friday...nothing, back on Monday and it said hello!
    I had bought a few days before maternity jeans shorts as I was bloated a lot, very low so my normal ones wouldn't fit and I was on my way to Gran Canaria.
    Best ever! Soooo comfi.
    Have one pair of long trousers too, but mostly wear stretchy tshirt dresses. 
    I have never hid it, as I was way to excited to tell the world. So people been touching my belly since I was 14 weeks. Which was quite uncomfortable in the beginning, but now I don't mind.

• @jerseygirl856 yes I have been having on and off hip/back pain since around 18 weeks as well. I actually had to cut out the treadmill and switch to the elliptical because it was getting pretty bad. I thought it was a bit early but my doctor said no as well. It made me super nervous though because I had surgery in college on my back for a herniated disc, so I know about back pain all too well!! I've heard from a few people though that they got it early on and then it resolved, so hopefully that will happen with us! I have been thinking about yoga though too, and feel like it is just a good idea in general. 
  • I definitely started having low back pain yesterday and it's still hurting. I had a low grade fever today (99.6 was the highest it got) so I don't know how much of my pain is baby, or PIO, or fever ache. In my packet, my RE said that if my fever gets over 100, that's when I should call. I've just been trying to stay hydrated and monitor any other symptoms I feel, but it's hard not to worry.

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie I ran a fever in the 99s early in my pregnancy as well . I called my doctor and spoke with the nurse and she said the same thing , that if it got over a certain number (can't remember exactly what ) to call . It very well could be the PIO. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well . I hope it passes soon !!  

**BFP and loss warning**

• @mskeenan Thank you, that makes me feel better! I am feeling better today, but a bit like wrung out dishcloth. I think that the only working out I'm going to be doing today is getting the house ready for our friend that is coming for a long weekend.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ultratomato I'm 34 weeks and about a week or so ago I started to feeling tingling and numbness in my hands as well. I started using a brace on my right had at work and to bed and that has helped. My left hand gets tingly and numb too but since I'm a righty, it's much worse in my right hand throughout the day. I plan on telling my doc about it on Monday but I did read in my Mayo Clinic book that carpal tunnel is a pregnancy symptom. So weird!
  • mechelita44mechelita44 member
    edited June 2016
    Random completely non-important / non-symptom related question... I'm 34 weeks... is it too late to still be buying maternity clothes? I have a couple of dresses which right now is all I am comfortable in but I just keep wearing the same couple of things over and over again. I borrowed some pieces but feel so uncomfortable in clothes that don't fit me well. I'm only a few weeks away so it seems crazy to get more especially since this whole pregnancy I've tried to avoid buying and have borrowed as much as I could. I just want to feel comfortable!
  • @mechelita44 I keep talking myself out of buying clothes because I'm in my 31st week and probably wouldn't "wear it enough." However, if a maxi skirt or dress you could also wear while not pregnant would be of interest to you, that would be perfect. Or, I've also told myself I can buy nursing/maternity tops since that would be convenient post-baby too.
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• I finally broke down and left a message for my nurse. Although my fever didn't come back, I'm getting winded really easily and I just feel ick. Part of me wants them to tell me to go to the doc so I can get treatment, part of me just wants to be told that it's normal and to just take "insert medication here". This is day one of a week long vacation and I just want to feel better.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie hope they get back to you soon and you get better before your vacay!

@riveridgional that's a good idea about the nursing/maternity tops.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @WishingforLuck nurse basically said being warm is part of being pregnant,  so unless my fever gets up over 100.3 there's no worries there. My cough is probably allergies cuz the weather has been ridiculous. I'm allowed to take Claritin and just need to drink lots of fluids. Bit of a relief. And at least I'm going in Friday for my first ultrasound  :)

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie hmm I'll keep that in mind. Hopefully you get better soon! Friday can't come fast enough.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Feel better soon @dragonfaerie the ER told me that if my fever goes up again over 100.3 to come back to hospital.  I still don't understand how I got a uti. Hope you will feel better soon!
  • An uti @ultratomato is very very common while being pregnant. 
    Pregnant women wait often longer to go to the toilet, coz well, you just been an that is ridiculous that you have to go again.
    Our urinetubes (or whatever they are called in English) have expanded which makes it oh so much easier to get infected. Our immune system is down which doesn't help either.

• Thanks @ultratomato and @WishingforLuck ! So far this morning I am feeling a bit better, FX it doesn't flare back up again. @tvh1982 I'm more prone to UTIs anyway, so I'll definitely have to keep that in mind and drink lots of fluids + try not to hold it.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie - glad you are feeling a little better. My OB told me to drink a gallon of water a day. With the heat here I had been feeling dizzy and a little off. Making sure I'm getting enough fluids has helped for sure!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ultratomato I've been dealing with a constant UTI since April. Never had this issue before but according to my OB, it's common in pregnancy. I used to have the occasional pop when I got bored with water but now it's only water or 100% cranberry juice not the cocktail. 
  • @Griffin5413 Glad you are feeling better! I definitely notice if I don't get enough water. It'll be an instant headache for me if I don't.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • So when are you usually done having internal ultrasounds? I go Friday for my 10 week just wondering what to expect 
  • ultratomato - I haven't had an internal ultrasound since week 6 which was my last appt with the RE. When I had my 1st appt right around week 9, my OB didn't want to do another ultrasound b/c they don't like to overexpose the baby with ultrasounds. So my next one which is the 12 week where they look for Downs Syndrom etc will be this week. It feels like forever! 
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 thank you for that information. My OB said that this appointment will take an hour or so and this is my first appointment with her 
  • ultratomato - On the first one, they go over all of your medical history and do bloodwork (like 7 or 8 viles), pelvic exam all of that fun stuff. You should take all of your questions in with you. That is a good time to ask anything you might be curious about. I had a whole list and we just went over each one which made me feel better for sure!
    TTC since Oct 2013

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 that's a good idea DH and I will think of some good questions I know we both have a lot