November 2016 Moms
Options

Gender Reveal

are any of you doing a gender reveal party?! I really want to but just can't find a reveal that I am absolutely in love with! Would love ideas!!! 

Re: Gender Reveal

• Options
    We're considering it so we haven't found out the sex so we could be surprised with everyone else if we decide to do it. No solid plans, but I did find an invitation I liked that was based off the Dr. Suess book One Fish, Two Fish, then it said Pink Fish or Blue Fish. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I plan on doing a fiesta theme with a piñata (which I'll fill with candy based on the sex... as I plan to find out from the doctor beforehand and don't want to be surprised with everyone else). I am also going to order flower leis in blue/pink and have people wear the color for the gender they guess. Basically I just want an excuse for a piñata, and to have my family over (it's just going to be (grand)parents, siblings, aunts/uncles, cousins).
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We did a reveal when we had a get together to tell friends about the baby. Family was also there because we also celebrated DH's birthday. I had the florist/balloon person at the grocery store look at my results on my phone (I didn't want to know until we revealed to everyone else) and she put the "it's a girl" balloon in a box I had brought. I wrapped it like a birthday gift and gave it to DH after the birthday song because everyone was still watching so we got to open and find out with everyone else. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We're doing a cake because:yum
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Options
    We still haven't told anyone. So I'm thinking that we will wait and do the reveal with the announcement. I thought maybe a cake for dinner with close family and friends. Not tell them it's a reveal party. Just a barbecue by the pool. Then bring out the cake. Haven't decided just yet. I'm going to watch everyone else's ideas though! 
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    We are doing our gender reveal tonight!

We got some white poster board/cork board (I don't actually know what it is) and we are attaching black balloons to it. We are going to fill the balloons with paint & water. There will be 3 pink paint balloons and 4 blue paint balloons and a couple of white/silver paint mixed in. We are going to have my family throw darts and figure out which color is in the most balloons. We were going to do just one blue one, but we thought that would be pretty disappointing when someone got the right one on the first try. So now they have to pop all of them to know.

I'll post some pictures later! :smiley: 
  • Options
    We aren't making a big deal out of it but since my husbands family will all be together this weekend we are going to reveal it to everyone at the same time. Our 5 year old niece is very proud of her new reading ability so we are going to have her read out loud to everyone that baby is a "BOY!" We are just telling other friends and family when we see or speak to them.
  • Options
    We are having DH's family and our friends over the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend for a picnic. DH's family doesn't know and many of our friends don't know so we are going to announce that I am pregnant and then let my 5 yo open a big box of balloons that are the right color.  I promise the balloons will be weighted!  

• Options
    My family is on the other side of the country and husband's family is on another continent so im thinking of just photographing a coming home outfit and sending the photo to everyone. Or maybe put a pair of pink or blue shoes in a photo with my dog. I dont have my anatomy scan until June 16th though so have to wait a bit. My family all knows its the 16th so they might beat me to it by asking!
  • Options
    I'm 14w on Saturday and my 30th birthday is Tuesday  (5/24) I'm having my birthday party/BBQ on Saturday where I will announce the pregnancy but also tell people we know the gender (98.5% sure from NT ultrasound at 13w) my little sister is a fabulous baker and is going to make blueberry cream filled donuts. I've never seen anyone do that and I don't like doing typical things. 
  • Options
    We are finding out the sex a few days before a weekend away with my parents. So we plan on keeping it sealed and revealing it all together. Nothing fancy or formal so this probably doesn't help you with a theme. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our friends just did their gender reveal and had her brother fill big squirt guns with the appropriate color paint. Then they both wore white t shirts and shot each other with the squirt guns and ended up with cool blue color t shirts. I thought it was pretty awesome 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    hollowwayhollowway member
    edited May 2016
    staciedb said:
    I'm 14w on Saturday and my 30th birthday is Tuesday  (5/24) I'm having my birthday party/BBQ on Saturday where I will announce the pregnancy but also tell people we know the gender (98.5% sure from NT ultrasound at 13w) my little sister is a fabulous baker and is going to make blueberry cream filled donuts. I've never seen anyone do that and I don't like doing typical things. 
    If you're basing sex off of a 13 week ultrasound,  I wouldn't count it as 98% Unless you had the corresponding  blood work to confirm... At 13 weeks, male and female genitals still look the same...

MMC 01/26/12 

MC 12/25/12, D&C 01/05/13

BFP 03/05/13, EDD 11/12/13. HB 175 @ 9w2d. Its a Girl!

<3Madeline Lorraine H. <3 Born 11/12/13 @9:10pm, 7lb6oz

DX with EA/TEF Type C & Tracheomalaysia
    MC @ 13wks 01/15/15 

DX Septate Uterus - surgery recommended

BFP 3/18/16, EDD 11/13/16 It's a boy!
    <3 Clint Kiszonas H. <3 Born 11/21/16 @10:38pm, 9lb11oz

BFP 1/11/18, EDD 9/21/18 
  • Options
    We arent. We're doing a reveal photoshoot in disney world. <3 we're here right now. 
    I love it @NavyBride93
  • Options
    Ash9614Ash9614 member
    We are doing one July 4th weekend with close friends and family. I'm just going to give the envelope to my BFF and let her decide the details. I don't have a super strong opinion and she's great at things like that. 
    Me: 31; DH: 31
    NTNP: May 2015
    TTC #1: late August 2015
    PCOS Dx: January 2016, starting Femara Feb 2016
    BFP: 2/29/16 - Happy Leap Day!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @adaniel1012 that's adorable.  I love it.  I might have to borrow your song though.

• Options
    @adaniel1012 I'm legit crying, and I don't even know you! Congrats! Haha!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @adaniel1012 that was awesome! I love how special it is for everyone too.
  • Options
    lrg14lrg14 member
    @adaniel1012 that is such a cute video! I'm so impressed by all the effort you put into it!!
  • Options
    We don't find out for another 4 weeks and since it will be close to July 4, I really want to do a fireworks reveal! 
  • Options
    @adaniel1012 I just started bawling!! So cute! 
  • Options
    eribeaueribeau member
    My husband and I are huge St Louis Cardinal fans, so we're doing the baseball cloud thing where I throw a ball and he hits it into a big blue or pink cloud. He doesn't know he's also getting glitter bombed! And since my dad passed away last year were going to send him a balloon with the sex announced on it up. It's kind of what my family does. We did it at his funeral and on Christmas and on his one year anniversary. We're also doing the reveal on July 26 his birthday. 
  • Options
    leighryleighry member
    @eribeau my friends just did the baseball thing. Only it was a baseball and golfball. She hit the baseball and he hit the golfball. It was definitely cute! I had never seen that before.
  • Options
    We're going to the beach with my family the day after we find out so we'll do something simple with the kids. Probably have them open a present with either a little bikini or swim trunks! 
  • Options
    We are doing the cake reveal at our favorite pizza place with a bunch of friends and family. Our ultrasound is on the 17th and we won't know, till the party on the 25th of June. We are also going to have a couple jars with pink and blue paper and people will vote for boy or girl. After the reveal we will choose a name from the jar that "won" and that person will get a coffee gift card or something like that.
  • Options
    We are not doing anything formal but will most likely bring a cake to a family dinner (in laws) after we know (find out on the 14th!) that has either pink or blue frosting in it. 

We will see my parents Father's Day weekend so are going to try to hold out telling them until we at least see them.  We may do the cake thing again or just might give them a present representing a boy or a girl.

• Options
    So, we are going with the BaByQ theme and gathering family and friends at a local park on July 10th. I saw the cutest pull string pinata on Etsy that we plan on using for the reveal. We are having a boy and about 90% of family is thinking we are having a girl. Can't wait for the surprise. 

Link to Pull String Pinata:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/237205084/antique-gold-wedding-pinata-o-gold?ga_order=most_relevant&amp;ga_search_type=all&amp;ga_view_type=gallery&amp;ga_search_query=gold pull string pinata baby reveal&amp;ref=sr_gallery_1

I can't get enough of these BABY cupcake toppers to compliment the gold pinata! (I mean, we need cake)
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/263251987/baby-shower-cupcake-toppers-baby-cupcake?ga_order=most_relevant&amp;ga_search_type=all&amp;ga_view_type=gallery&amp;ga_search_query=gold baby cupcake topper&amp;ref=sr_gallery_11

Me: 28 <3 DH: 29

#1 DS: 11/24/2016

#2 EDD: 11/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We're not really having a "party", but we are getting a reveal cake from Publix made and then my husband and I will take a picture with me wearing a blue bow around my waist and him kissing the bump. This is happening on the 18th.
    BFP #1 7/3/2014, MMC discovered 7/16/2014
    BFP#2 3/7/2016, EDD 11/19/2016 (It's a boy! Excited to meet little Anthony!)

Loading Ticker