December 2016 Moms

2nd Trimester nursery work!

2»

Re: 2nd Trimester nursery work!

• aevan011aevan011 member
    edited June 2016
    I have a love of foxes & the book The Little Prince, so I think somehow it's going to be worked into the nursery. I'm working on a puzzle from the new movie and DH already suggested we hang it. Considering my husband came home from Thailand today and his souvenir for me was yet another copy of The Little Prince, I think he'd go along with it. Even if it's a little girl. 
    Plus woodland creatures are so popular right now! I love the deer, @dmontgo !
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Just found out it's a BOY this afternoon! Guess I know what color my accent pieces will be in the nursery! 
  • Loading the player...
  • I've noticed quite a few people have mentioned moving before or shortly after baby. We're going to be in the boat and it's stressing me out to no end! We're also going to be moving half way across the country, so not any easy task even without baby (not that local moving is any fun either). 

Anyone else made the move before? Any advice for us soon-to-be movers?

In our case, our lease is up in January. I'm hoping to extend month to month for a bit but not sure if we'll have that option =\
  • We are in the process of buying a house and will be moving by 8/1 if all goes according to plan. We should know the sex by then, too, so at least we can plan for decorating right after the move. Moving while pregnant has me super anxious but also excited!
  • @Kristonita12 Congratulations on the new house! It'll be nice to be settled before baby arrives. 

Our landlord has just given us the option to terminate the lease early (no penalties) with 3 months notice or extend month to month after baby. I have no idea what we're going to do but we'll have to decide soon!
  • maamawaabangimaamawaabangi member
    edited June 2016

We moved before our 3rd was born, like maybe 3 weeks before! 
    It was insane. I was huge and in no shape to pack, my husband ended up calling our church and youth group and roped them all into packing and moving us. Luckily it wasn't far. A million trips later and about 2 days we got it done. 
    Nothing was very "settled" but I was glad we did it before. 
    Not also had the added benefit that it kept me busy the last few annoying weeks of my pregancy so I wasn't focused on myself. 
    This time we will probably move when baby is at least 3 months old. That seems ok to me too... I'm sure we'll be ok at that point. But Id not want to do it any sooner than that. 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• We bought a house and moves when DD was 3 months old. It was hard! I was home on maternity leave for 4 of the 6 weeks prior to moving so I did lots of packing when the baby slept. Moving day....we had lots of friends help and my mom watched the baby most of the day. Things didn't get settled for almost a year but that's probably more due to DH being mid masters and super busy and me dealing with the baby all the time.
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• We are still in the cleaning out the closets and dressers throughout the house to turn the man cave into a nursery phase. I don't know where we are going to put everything that's in there now. We prob won't really start buying stuff until the man cave is cleared and the carpets cleaned! Also, we are doing our reveal of the baby's sex June 18! So that will help us plan the nursery! So excited! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We moved in December and the room we will be using for the nursery was a nursery for a little girl, which we are also having.  My BF wants to just leave it as is but I'd kind of like to change it.  Right now it is insane bright fuchsia and while I like bright and I like pink I think it might be a little much even for me.  So I have to decide what I want to do with it.  The other issue is that we will have a lot of family staying with us for Christmas so I think we will need to leave it as a second guest bedroom until after the holidays.  I guess I have a long time yet to think about it!