1st Trimester
Options

Infidelity during pregnancy

Hello,

I am 13 weeks pregnant with my second child, first child for dad to be. I just discovered he has been cheating for a few months with random women from dating sites. I am scared and not quite sure what to do. He has admitted to it and says he has an issue. I feel at fault and am dying inside. This is supposed to be a very happy time in a relationship, and it's not. Has anyone been through this before? Do you have advice?

Re: Infidelity during pregnancy

• Options
    edited June 2016
    Messaging you
  • Options
    Please know you are not at fault!!! Please seek out a therapist, look for a Marriage and Family Therapist, who can help you decide what you should do next. I'm a marriage and family therapist myself, and I've worked with couples through infidelity. You have many options, both of you do, and it's best to know what all of your options are and talk through them. MANY couples choose to work past the infidelity and go on to having stronger marriages, but it takes 2 to make that work, so he needs to also decide to stop the pattern he's created. If he's not able or willing, it is NOT your fault!!!!!
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    It is absolutely not your fault. He is a grown man and is accountable for his own actions. I agree with PPs that you need to get tested for STDs...my OB did this as standard procedure at my first appointment, but I don't know if that's the norm. It's better to be safe than sorry and make sure that you are in the clear.

For me, cheating is a deal breaker. I've been cheated on before, and despite going to couples counseling and him pledging to be better, he didn't stop (and I almost married that prick). You need to do some soul searching and figure out if this is something that you are willing to work past. If it is, go to counseling, but I agree with PP that he needs to be COMMITTED to working on your relationship. If he can't commit to fixing the relationship, he's probably not going to commit to staying faithful, either. You both need to be all in for it to work.

Stay strong and focus on your health and your baby. Surround yourself with good people.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker