Infertility
Options

Where my OHSS girls at?

Hi ladies! 
32 years old with PCOS and hypothyroidism, early miscarriage a year and a half ago. DH is 30 with low morphology. I just had my egg retrieval on Thursday and had 37 eggs removed and 25 fertilized. I was so excited for the egg retrieval because my ovaries and follicles were so large and uncomfortable. And then I had my egg retrieval and found out what real pain and discomfort is.  Went to the dr today and have OHSS. Any other OHSS gals out there feeling like they're dying? It's definitely worth it, for me at least, but ouch.

Re: Where my OHSS girls at?

• Options
    It is the worst!!! I went through this in early March. Totally worth it, but no fun. Be gentle with yourself when you move and make sure you get your fluids.
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • Options
    I had a moderate form of it and it was pretty crummy! My RE told me to drink lots of gatorade and eat lots of salty foods. The overabundance of salt in your system causes your body to flush the fluids that it is retaining. As long as you aren't bad enough where you have to go to the hospital and have fluid taken out, it should get better within a week! I want to say day 4 was the worst for me. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Holla!!! It sucks balls, but 25 fertilized - nice work! I had similar numbers too. It's nice to know there are so many embies waiting for you. Some couples only get one or two good ones to transfer. So good luck to you!
  • Options
    cmm012cmm012 member
    I am dealing with OHSS now.  I had fluid drained on Saturday.  Overall, I've been pretty miserable for about a week now.  I'm starting to turn the corner, but want to know how long before you ladies felt better.
    Married Jan. 2014
    Me:36 DH: 39
    TTC since August 2014, Mild PCOS + uterine fibroids
    Myomectomy June 2015- 18 fibroids removed
    IVF #1, May 2016 = 32 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 7 frozen, 3 PGS normal
    FET#2, July 2016 = one embryo transferred 
    TRIGGER
    BFP! Beta = 617
    Due date = 4/9/17
    Delivery date = 3/20/17
  • Options
    I had egg retrieval on 5/16. 5 day transfer of 2 embroys on  5/21. The whole time I felt pretty terrible but on 5/27 I kept blacking out, throwing up, and was in so much pain. My abdomen swelled so bad and I ended up going to the ER. I got diagnosed with severe OHSS. I ended up with 3 paracentesis', and over 10 liters of fluid drained over the next week. It was probably the worst thing I've ever been through in my life. The only good thing is I got a BFP! I haven't been able to enjoy it yet because I'm still in a lot of pain but I have definitely turned a corner. Each day is slowly getting better but by nighttime I am pretty miserable and in a lot of pain. I still look 6 months pregnant but my abdomen is less hard and painful. I can't stand for long and lost a lot of strength but in hopeful it will be over soon. It's been about 2 weeks of severe symptoms. 
  • Options
    cmm012cmm012 member
    @I'm glad you've turned a corner.  Youust have had a really severe case if you were blacking out. The BFP certainly makes the misery worthwhile though. I hope you are back to your old self soon.
    Married Jan. 2014
    Me:36 DH: 39
    TTC since August 2014, Mild PCOS + uterine fibroids
    Myomectomy June 2015- 18 fibroids removed
    IVF #1, May 2016 = 32 eggs retrieved, 12 fertilized, 7 frozen, 3 PGS normal
    FET#2, July 2016 = one embryo transferred 
    TRIGGER
    BFP! Beta = 617
    Due date = 4/9/17
    Delivery date = 3/20/17