April 2016 Moms

Sex after Baby

Hey ladies. I think this topic has been touched upon a little but I am wondering how you all are dealing with sex and intimacy post baby. 

I am 5 weeks PP and just for the go ahead to have sex. I had a C section. 

DH and I have had sex twice since being cleared. My experience so far is that my brain and my genitals are ready for sex but the rest of my body is completly turned off by being touched. Between my incision and my breast feeding breasts I had to tell DH not to touch me anywhere except above my shoulders and below my waist. 

Where are you ladies at in regards to this?  Second time moms, when did things go back to normal for you last time? 

I am so ready to have that part of my life back but it's not going the way I want yet!

Re: Sex after Baby

• We has sex for the first when I was like 2 or 3 weeks PP. It was a bit different. It was like my body hadoesn't to relearn what it was supposed to feel. Sex went downhill in like month three and never got here. I was either too nauseated to care or too big to really enjoy it. It definitely got better from there. I wanna say it took a few weeks just to get back to normal
  • wmam35wmam35 member
    edited June 2016
    I was cleared for sex at 6 weeks pp also after having a c-section (I'm now almost 8 weeks pp).  I felt exactly how you did - I wanted to so much, but then my body shut down.  I actually recoiled from my husband the first time we tried to have sex, and then the second time I cried the whole way through it (even with lots of lube and 3 times stopping and reapplying!).  Then last night it actually felt enjoyable (though there's still a pain "inside").  I was important to me to have that physical connection back in our relationship, so I really just made myself take a few deep breaths and tell myself that I just have to get through it and hopefully it will start feeling good soon.  Hopefully the pain will go away and all of the feelings will just be good ones soon. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 10 weeks pp and we're still having issues with sex. It honestly hurts too much for it to be enjoyable.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I have no desire for sex right now. Last time we tried I was huge at 37 weeks and the last time before that was when we conceived. Poor Husband but I just don't feel like it. I tried using a tampon and that alone felt weird and painful. Im 7 wks pp from a c section and I have randomly been spotting I think from over doing it. 
  • I am 8 weeks PP and still have not has intercourse that was not slightly painful. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a vaginal delivery with a second degree tear. We attmpted sex at 4 weeks PP but it hurt too much. The pain was a pinching pain where my tear was. I was cleared for sex at 6 weeks and we did it again, and it was successful. It was minimal pinching pain at first then it was fine. 
  • We had sex after I was cleared at 6 weeks (2nd degree tearing and episiotomy). It was a bit painful and slow at first, but after some patience and lube, it was a success. 
  • our 5 year wedding anniversary is next Saturday. Maybe then?..
  • I was cleared after 6 weeks. We tried a couple days later and it wasn't fun. I ended up crying - and I am not even sure why. It was just awkward and.....pinchy? I guess. Not an incredible amount of pain, but a sort of pinching pain. I had an episiotomy and horrid hemmerorids (why can I never spell that word?!). Since then, H has had a sinus infection and I have had poison ivy, plus an allergic reaction to the medication for said poison ivy, so we haven't even attempted. DD is 9 weeks today. 

I want sex, but I'm just still really nervous.
  • With DS 1 sex hurt for almost 6m.  I had a 1st deg tear and a vaginal delivery.  It was not fun.  I also had a hard time with my boobs because of breastfeeding so they were off limits and it was hard for DH.  Lol.  He eventually gained access again but it was a long time.  Any stimulation caused engorgement.  

I had no tears this time and my doc said everything looked great at 2 wks PP.  she was ready to release me but I need official release for work.   I was supposed to be released last week but it was rescheduled for this week.  I keep pushing sex off waiting to be released.  I still fear the pain I had the first time around. :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• With DD1 we had sex about 4 weeks pp, and it hurt and wasn't much fun.  I seriously felt like the first time all over again.  Ugh. :(   With DD2 we've had sex twice.  The first time was again at 4 weeks pp, and it wasn't as painful as I remember it being with DD1.  It's the whole finding time to have sex with two littles in the house that makes it really hard.  When we had the time a couple days ago, I got my period thanks to the mini pill. 

• We finally had sex at almost 8 weeks post partum after a c-section, and before that the last time was when I was around 6 months pregnant. Yikes! 
  • I had a c section and we first had sex when I was 6 weeks PP. I haven't had any pain and we've resumed our usual schedule of sex once or twice per day. I'm suddenly feeling really lucky. I'm sorry for you ladies :( 
  • We first has sex when I was 6 1/2 wks postpartum.  I had a vaginal birth but second degree tearing.   Honestly, it wasn't nearly as painful as I expected.  We've since has sex 3 times and it keeps getting less painful
  • linzoirvlinzoirv member
    edited June 2016

We did the deed about 7 weeks post partum. The first time was terrible. Everything felt very tight and uncomfortable. The second time as amazing though (around 3 days later). LOL.

I had a C-Section, BTW.

I have a related question: Anyone else feel extremely paranoid during/after sex? Even when using some form of BC. Its like, the sex is amazing but afterwards, I have a damn panic attack.

• 9 weeks post partum (c-section) and I have no interest in sex what so. We've had sex a few times over the past 3 weeks but I  don't enjoy it. I mostly do it for my husband.
    And him touching my breast just feels.....weird. So different than before.
    I'm sure it will get betterment but for now my hormones are out of whack and I just reassure my husband it's me, not him!
  • runningwildrunningwild member
    edited June 2016
    linzoirv said:

We did the deed about 7 weeks post partum. The first time was terrible. Everything felt very tight and uncomfortable. The second time as amazing though (around 3 days later). LOL.

I had a C-Section, BTW.

I have a related question: Anyone else feel extremely paranoid during/after sex? Even when using some form of BC. Its like, the sex is amazing but afterwards, I have a damn panic attack.

--QBF--

Not sure what happened to my post. 

But yes. I am so paranoid about having an accident. We have 3 kids now and both DH and I know for sure we are done.

• 9 weeks post partum (c-section) and I have no interest in sex what so. We've had sex a few times over the past 3 weeks but I  don't enjoy it. I mostly do it for my husband.
    And him touching my breast just feels.....weird. So different than before.
    I'm sure it will get betterment but for now my hormones are out of whack and I just reassure my husband it's me, not him!
    Ditto to this. Sex at this point is not for my benefit haha. I definitely blame the hormones for my zero libido! 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers