January 2017 Moms

UPDATE twins anyone?

laujam31laujam31 member
edited June 2016 in January 2017 Moms
Anyone pregnant with twins?  or had a vanishing twin?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: UPDATE twins anyone?

• aishmcaishmc member
    My pregnancy started as a twin pregnancy, but now that they can see clearly on US I only have one viable fetus.  I've been bleeding, but not cramping, so I was told it is vanishing twin.  The second sac is already much smaller, so it's being compressed by the growing baby.
  • Loading the player...
  • I went in for an ultra sound last tuesday(6/1).  There were 2 sacs.  One had a yolk, the other did not.  The dr seemed very confident that this was going to be a single pregnancy.  I measured 5w5d and 4w6d.  Everything I've read online seems to indicate that it's too early to make that call.  I'm going nuts.  I have to wait until NEXT Tuesday (June 14) to go back in.  I have a 3 year old and almost 2 year old and have had back to back c sections.(17 months apart)  The dr seemed to think that this pregnancy I would need to take it very easy due tot he fact that my uterus was transparent when he went in for ds2.  I'm worried about carrying twins and am devastated to loose one or both.  I don't even know what to think at this point.  The waiting is killing me.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @laujam31 I'm so sorry. My first pregnancy I was a worried wreck all the time, and it was awful. Worrying about our babies is the worst feeling and you can't seem to turn it off no matter how hard you try. Try to hang in there! I'll be praying for you. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Twins over here. I'm only 9 wks 2 days, so there's still time for anything to happen but I sure hope not. Im getting pretty attached to these little bugs. We had an ultrasound last Wednesday and so far so good. Another Ultrasound scheduled for tomorrow! Hoping they are both still growing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks @MrsRahl
    @jlinke926 Good luck!  Hope everything works out! @aishmc
    I'm so sorry.  Did your doctor suspect from the begining?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • aishmcaishmc member
    @laujam31 yes she did. She wanted me to know what she truly thought, but then said it could just be too early to know since the first US was at 6w 1d. I was obviously upset, but still happy about one healthy baby. I also clung to that tiny chance that maybe it was too early to see the second sac clearly. I'm 10 weeks and I've had 3 more USs since and it's not growing. 

I agree that it's a bit too early to know for sure. Hang in there. Next week is really far away, but at least by then they should be able to get a good picture of what is happening so you know either way. I'm really hoping you see two little heartbeats though!
  • Just had my first ultrasound today! Shocked to see 2 little nuggets! Baby A is measuring 6wks. And Baby B is measuring right on track at 6wks 5days. Still don't know what to think! First time mama here! 
  • UPDATE  Just one baby.  Measuring 7 weeks 5 days  Heard the heart beat.  The other sac is gone  :(  Happy to have one healthy baby tho.  Thanks ladies! Due Jan 26.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • sagoonsagoon member
    I'm sorry.  :(  I was reading somewhere that this happens more frequently than anyone thought, but with advances in ultrasound technology we are able to see it happening more often.

Jan17 Sept Sig: Pumpkin Spice gone too far
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry @laujam31 this happened to me with my last pregnancy as well. We saw 1 strong heart beat that measured correctly and 1 much smaller baby with a very weak heart beat. We lost baby #2 pretty early on and the doctors and nurses had set our expectations accordingly.  I still had a really tough time with it. I was so happy and relieved to have a healthy baby but losing the second baby made me so sad. People would always say "well at least your other baby is good" or "it just wasn't meant to be" and while I knew that was true it didn't take away from the loss I felt. Hugs to you. 
  • aishmcaishmc member
    @laujam31 I'm really sorry to hear this. The mixed feelings suck. Take care of yourself.

@keifekm I've had people say things like that since we announced to our families the other day. It's the worst. Yesterday someone asked if it "bothered me" that I wouldn't have twins.

I wanted to respond, "Um yeah, it really f*%@ing bothers me actually," but I was too shocked by the question to think of an actual response.
  • So sorry to hear this :-( 
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014
  • I'm so sorry!  <3
  • Thanks so much for all the support ladies.  I cant tell you all how greatful I am!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm so sorry @laujam31
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @aishmc I'm so sorry. If only some people would think before they spoke.  *Hugs to you*
  • @keifekm
    SO many people said that.  It's frustrating. Even my husband was like well this isn't technically a loss bc we still have one.  I wanted to biff him in the head.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 2nd ultrasound today. First ultrasound 2wks ago had baby a measuring 5 days behind. Today baby a was measuring 10days behind with no heartbeat. All sorts of emotions going on right now. Baby b is measuring right on track and was squirming around so very thankful for that.  Waiting to hear from doctor to see what next step is.  :(
  • Oh @Knottie25816533 I am so very sorry. 
  • @knottie25816533 I'm so sorry for your loss. It's always hard no matter the scenario. Big hugs to you. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• ::huge hugs:: @Knottie25816533! I'm so sorry for your loss!!
  • Oh @Knottie25816533 I'm so very sorry for your loss. Big hugs to you. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm so sorry to hear that @Knottie25816533

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks for all the support! It really means alot when your at a loss on how to cope. 
  • Oh, that's heartbreaking, @Knottie25816533. I'm so very sorry
  • I'm so so sorry @Knottie25816533.  I can't even imagine how you're feeling right now.  Huge hugs mama.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Sorry to those who have had a loss. <3 We are 12 weeks with identical twins. So far, everything looks good, but they look as though they are sharing an amniotic sac. We are hoping we see a membrane during our next ultrasound.
    TTC since 3/2014
    PCOS - Clomid Oct. - Dec. 2014
    Cancelled IUI Nov. 2015
    IVF #1 retrieval 2/2016, transfer 4/18/16 (1 embie, 17 frosties)
    BFP 4/28/16
    Beta #1 - 126, beta #2 - 8311
    SCH 5/10/16 - baby still has heartbeat!
    U/S 5/19 - We are having TWINS!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So sorry for your loss :-(
    BabyGaga
    DS1 - 03/31/2006
    DS2 - 12/31/2008
    DS3 - 06/26/2012
    DS4 - 08/07/2014