High-Risk Pregnancy

Moms with ITP

I was just diagnosed with ITP on Friday and have started steroid treatment.  My platelets had been low, but far from crazy.  Last week I caught a cold, and developed nosebleeds, bruising & petechia over 48h.  My hematologist got me in immediately and my blood work showed my platelets had dropped from 88 to 12 with the week.  They've never been even close to that low (in my previous pregnancy they fell to 64 so I had a csection under GA, we were prepared for this kind of scenario again).
We're pretty nervous right now.  Any advice/info would be much appreciated.
baby seems fine.
PgAL (MC@7w 29/10/11 - lost you before we knew we had you)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Moms with ITP

• MS2016MS2016 member
    Hi there, ITP has returned for me in second pregnancy. Living in a different state (in Australia) so under different care and seems like I have more options this time around. Definitely feel like I've got more knowledge this time around. Looking at taking some interventions in the last 8 weeks to see if we can get the platelets up to avoid the GA. Current level is 104. Hope you're still doing ok. 
  • SarafussSarafuss member
    edited June 2016
    My platelets were low during my second pregnancy.  At 38 weeks they were down to 80 so they put me on a week of prednisone (can't remember the dose) and that brought them up above 100 so I was allowed to have the epidural during my induction at 39 weeks.  
    Married 9/19/09
    Me (32) Dx PCOS, DH (32) SA = Normal/mild morph issues
    TTC#5 July 2017 - 3rd cycle TTC = BFP on 11/12/17 at 9dpo Beta #1 = 96 at 13dpo - Beta #2 = 207 at 15dpo
    TTC#1  starting Nov. 2009
    3 rounds of Clomid + TI and 3 rounds of 7.5 mg Femara + IUI before our BFP on 11/8/10 at 12dpiui
    TTC #2 3rd cycle of Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 4 follies = BFP on 10/12/12 
    TTC#3 July 2014 - Metformin +TI = BFP at 9dpo - Twins, one baby lost at 5.5 weeks 
    Macy Annabelle born at 37w4d on 4/29/15.  Diagnosed with Cri du Chat and passed away on 6/6/15.  Forever in our hearts.
    TTC#4 3rd cycle of Metformin + Femara 7.5mg+Ovidrel+TI = 3 follies = BFP on 12/24/16
    BabyFruit Ticker