Trying to Get Pregnant

Benched/ TTA Check in 6/6

***General TW that this thread can and will mention MC and loss.*** This is a place for those of us who have already started TTC, but have hit a roadblock and are delaying for whatever reason. You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer- even if it is for a good reason. Feel free to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say, and treat this like an ongoing conversation. Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and are "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 
 Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going? 

Any R/R/CS? 

GTKY: (Stolen from TWW) What is your go to karaoke song?  If you are not into karaoke, what's the one song you MUST sing to if you hear on the radio?

Me: 26 Hubs: 28

Married: 6/6/15 <3

Baby Girl: 3/22/2017

Re: Benched/ TTA Check in 6/6

• Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Vacation to an area with active ZIKA virus

How long do you think you'll be here? 6 more weeks

How have things been going? Pretty good, I have been keeping busy lately so I don't focus on it and go crazy

Any R/R/CS? Not today

GTKY: (Stolen from TWW) What is your go to karaoke song?  If you are not into karaoke, what's the one song you MUST sing to if you hear on the radio? I usually do "Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood but I also like "Party In The U.S.A." by Miley Cyrus (yeah...I know...but it is catchy!) and "No Scrubs" by TLC

• __________________________________________________________________ 
     Are you benched or TTA? 
    TTA

What brings you here? 
    MC 2/25 and we're moving but it's really just a "compromise" with DH lol

3 more months, if all goes as planned!

Poorly. I'm so over waiting. Sometimes I even find myself thinking "what's the point of sex if we're not TTC?" And then I'm like wow, woman, CHILL! lol I just get scared that we're wasting good eggs :/

Any R/R/CS? 
    Mostly just what I said above. Waiting is hard! I've been busy and exhausted lately but it doesn't seem to keep my impatience at bay.

GTKY: (Stolen from TWW) What is your go to karaoke song?  If you are not into karaoke, what's the one song you MUST sing to if you hear on the radio?
    Oooo I LOVE singing! I used to work in a karaoke bar and the DJ and I would kill it with "Empire State of Mind"; made the crowd go wild :) I miss that!
  • Loading the player...
  •  Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Visited a possible Zika endemic area

How long do you think you'll be here? 7 more weeks

How have things been going? Ok I guess. Still trying to convince myself that our trip was worth it.

Any R/R/CS? It's amazing that although I know we have virtually 0 chance of being KU I still symptom spot during the TWW. Lol I think I need help. 

GTKY: (Stolen from TWW) What is your go to karaoke song?  If you are not into karaoke, what's the one song you MUST sing to if you hear on the radio? It's ridiculous but 'call me maybe'. That song is just so catchy!
  • Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? waiting until timing will be right

How long do you think you'll be here? Was end of August except my period came 1 day early this month, which moved up my ovulation/period for Aug/Sept, and I dont wanna be pregnant when I go to Portugal, so now its looking like we will be TTA until early Sept.

How have things been going? Getting pumped for my vacations! The Hamptons in July, Finger Lakes in August, Portugal in Sept, Lexington in October. WTF is the point of June with no vacation?

Any R/R/CS? Rants: My period just stopped so now I wanna get my bang on, and I always try to convince my DH to just start, and I know he wont, so he gets annoyed at me with the pestering. Raves: We just moved into our new home last week and its starting to be a home! It is AMAZING. CS: Nada

I sing to EVERY radio song, but I dont do karakoe because I sound like a dying cat who is being strangled and drowned at the same time.

• Are you benched or TTA? 
    Benched. 

What brings you here? An ectopic pregnancy, treated May 13th. 

How long do you think you'll be here? About 5 and half months.

How have things been going? Pretty well I guess. Improving physically, so that's good! 

Any R/R/CS? Rave: I walked my dog for the first time in close to two months! She and I both felt great afterward! 

GTKY: (Stolen from TWW) What is your go to karaoke song?  If you are not into karaoke, what's the one song you MUST sing to if you hear on the radio? I'm not into karaoke (I can be painfully shy about performing in front of a crowd, unless I've tossed a few back! @safire3 I'm right there with you! I MUST sing and turn up the radio when "Call Me Maybe" by Carly Rae Jepsen comes on! I have a wonderful memory of singing/yelling this song across a pond while in canoes with amazing friends :smile: all while butchering the lyrics!
    @kiwi2628 That's funny, my DH says that's what I sound like! Though in my head, I sound amazing!
    Married 9/27/2014  :)
    BFP #1: 8/23/2015 M/C: 9/24/2015
    BFP# 2: 4/15/2016 M/C: 5/13/2016 Cervical Ectopic Pregnancy
    5/13/2016 Methotrexate Shot #1
    5/15/2016 Methotrexate Shot #2
    5/17/2016 Methotrexate Shot #3
  • Are you benched or TTA?  TTA

What brings you here?  Finances.  We're looking at buying a house in August.  Seller is not quite ready yet.  If we buy in August, it would make more sense for us to wait until my oldest starts kindergarten.   

How long do you think you'll be here?  A year.

meh.  I've been so tired lately  not sure we would have a chance this cycle.

Any R/R/CS? 

1. My cramps were 4 days early today.  So that blows.

2.   Afraid the seller might back out on us and we'll miss months of TTC.  

3 my daughter is on day 10 of a mild, persistent stomach bug.

4. I'm grumpy.

The last song I karaoke'd to was an Avril Lavigne song.

My radio jam is remix to ignition. 
  • AliciaGooseAliciaGoose member
    edited June 2016
    Are you benched or TTA? Benched

What brings you here? MC started about two weeks ago.

How long do you think you'll be here? 2 cycles

How have things been going? I have good days and bad days. On the bad days I'm just generally sad. On the good days I start thinking about how much being benched sucks and how I can't wait to get back to TTC.

Any R/R/CS? None right now. 

Hm this is a tough one. I'll sing anyhing on the radio. But don't typically do karaoke unless I'm intoxicated and with a friend. My best friend and I used to sing My own worst enemy all the time on rockband if that counts!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  •  Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Well, after having my MC and all the drama of no period and no normal cycles I've finally had my first period. Hallelujah!!!!!!  Now for the wait after going to visit family in Guadalajara.  We leave this Friday and will be back Monday.....

How long do you think you'll be here?   Hopefully just 7 weeks from now.

How have things been going? Surprisingly well.  But we're also in the process of having a house built, so that's keeping the BSC at bay.

Any R/R/CS? Well for one, my DH doesn't think that we're going to somewhere that has the Zika virus and is like, "Oh, no big deal, we don't need to worry....grrrrr."  I've tried telling him but he won't listen so, I'm going to have to educate him with the internet....which he probably still won't listen...lol. shakin' my head.  jeez.

GTKY: (Stolen from TWW) What is your go to karaoke song?  If you are not into karaoke, what's the one song you MUST sing to if you hear on the radio?  not into karaoke, have a horrible voice.....like omg horrible.  lol....but I will belt out anything Madonna, especially Vogue. Love it!!!!!
    Me: 35    DH: 37
    Married: April 2015
    TTC #1: Oct 2015
    BFP: Dec 2015 / MC: Jan 2016
    TTC #2: Mar 2016
    DD 16 yrs old
    2 Furbabies: Doug and Carla
    http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/5c7c93

TTGP June Siggy Challenge - TV/Movie Dads - Will Smith

• @safire3 I totally do the same thing!! We are TTA because of the whole Zika thing but I keep SS like "Whoa I've never felt that type of cramp at 6dpo before, maybe some swimmers snuck past the barrier and I'm totes KTFU!" 

• @SienaC I know it's utterly ridiculous. If I didn't get pregnant with months of properly timed intercourse what's the chance that I will now. I refuse to let myself waste any tests during this time too, so just waiting for CD1. 

@jessicark99 I went through the same thing with my DH. The place we visited only had 4 confirmed cases so far. The problem is the majority of people can contract it with no symptoms so you really have no idea how widespread it is. Show DH some of the affected babies from Brazil then hopefully he will understand and not want to take that chance. 
  •  Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? 
    We are waiting to TTC until after our vacation.  

2-4 months, possibly longer.  

I had a bit of a rough weekend.  We went out with friends last weekend.  She is pregnant and we had due dates within 10 days of each other before our MC.  I was also ovulating, and every time I ovulate, I get sad that we aren't trying, even though it would be a bad idea to try.

Any R/R/CS?

GTKY: (Stolen from TWW) What is your go to karaoke song?  If you are not into karaoke, what's the one song you MUST sing to if you hear on the radio. 
    I don't do karaoke.  I always have to sing along with "Shut Up And Dance With Me" when it comes on the radio.  There are others too, I am just blanking on titles.
    Married 5/21/2011
    DD 1 10/2012
    CP 9/2013
    DD 2 6/2014
    CP 3/2016        
     BFP 12/8/2016        
    BabyFruit Ticker

• edited June 2016
     Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? Miscarriage 3/21 now waiting on disability benefits to be available for maternity leave

How long do you think you'll be here? One more week!

How have things been going? Alright. I'm finally able to see babies and pregnant women without getting upset. 

Any R/R/CS? Excited and nervous to start trying again. I'm terrified of another MC.

GTKY: (Stolen from TWW) What is your go to karaoke song?  If you are not into karaoke, what's the one song you MUST sing to if you hear on the radio? I don't sing karaoke. Terrible voice and stage fright. There are a lot of songs I love to sing in the car! Anything Bruno Mars. I love that tiny man. Call me maybe is definitely one of them, shut up and dance is another. I can't think of any other good ones at the moment other than classic ones everyone sings. 

ETA: spelling mistake 
    Me 29 I Him 26
    Married 4/22/16
    TTC 9/2015
    **TW**
    BFP 2/1/16 I MC 3/21/16 (11w)
    TTCAL 6/15/16
    BFP 3/23/2017 Team pink! Quinn Leigh EDD December 1, 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

What brings you here? Fibroid removal surgery

How long do you think you'll be here? Until my cycle starts in July, hopefully the first week of July

How have things been going? Great! No pressure, no awkward questions from friends and relatives about possible pregnancy. I'm maintaining a positive attitude that the surgery worked so I won't worry about wasting time waiting.

Any R/R/CS? My in-laws were in town and we spent some time with my parents, one big happy family, and my mom didn't say one snarky thing to me or them! Even after drinking! Overall a great visit.

GTKY: (Stolen from TWW) What is your go to karaoke song?  If you are not into karaoke, what's the one song you MUST sing to if you hear on the radio? I used to karaoke a lot and my go-to song with my friends was "Total Eclipse of the Heart" because the whole bar will sing along. I also used to sing a duet with a friend of "Separate Ways" in which I'd scream it and he'd actually sing because he can sing. It was a win-win.
    Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• __________________________________________________________________
     Are you benched or TTA? Benched 

What brings you here? Currently miscarrying and have to wait until my HCG is back to 0.

How long do you think you'll be here?   Depends on which doctor u talk to.  One says I can start trying immediately and the other says wait 2-3 cycles.  

How have things been going?  Emotionally I am a roller coaster.  Physically, I am doing ok.  I am going to get another HCG tomorrow and we will see what the number is and what the next steps are.

Any R/R/CS?  None right now.  

sweet Caroline.  I love it.  It reminds of college and my
    collefe roommate who use to scream "so good, so good."

• Benched from IF treatments due to moving and starting a new job.

Probably 5 more months. It will depend on if DH gets a transfer or has to find a new job, and how long it takes to get on an IVF cycle after we move.

There is only 1 IF clinic in the whole province so I'm worried about how long it will take to get in. I don't want to set up a referral from my current clinic until I know when we'll move, and I won't know that until I get all clearances done from the new job. I'd really like a plan

GTKY - I used to sing Before He Cheats by Carrie Underwood with my friends on karaoke nights
  • thj101thj101 member
    Are you benched or TTA?  TTA

What brings you here? 
    just waiting for the right time....

How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully not past October

How have things been going?  Things are weird.  I get asked if I'm pregnant every time I make social plans for gettogethers, lunches, or dinners with people.  And it's really starting to irritate me.  Can't I just want to hang out?! Geez people.  LAY OFF ME.

Any R/R/CS? Other than I wish people would stop asking if I was pregnant, no.

TLC Waterfalls is the answer to both questions.  I can rap Left-Eye's part of the song like a badass.
    Me:  33
    DH:  36
    Together since 2007
    Happily Ever After 4.30.2015
    ~~One Beautiful Daughter~~ Born:  11.6.2017
    Trying for #2!!
  •  Are you benched or TTA?  TTA 

What brings you here? After a heart to heart with H we have decided to avoid until after we move at the end of July. I agree with him but that doesn't mean I like it :(

How long do you think you'll be here? 7 weeks (give or take)

How have things been going? I feel better today than yesterday. I know in my heart it's the best thing to do right now but it's still a hard pill to swallow. I realized a couple things about myself after our talk yesterday and am committed to making positive changes in my thinking and actions.

Any R/R/CS? Currently selling our house and buying a new one so life is crazy. Our buys are making crazy requests for home so dealing with the lawyers and them has been annoying to say the least.

GTKY: (Stolen from TWW) What is your go to karaoke song?  If you are not into karaoke, what's the one song you MUST sing to if you hear on the radio? Karaoke? Probably anything Spice Girls lol but from the radio I love Call my Maybe...I listen to it ALOT. I am also obsessed with G-Easy "Me, Myself & I". I turn it up to max volume and sign my little heart out, and I don't care if anyone is in the car with me or windows are open. Sorry not sorry for my bad voice :p
  • thj101 said:

Any R/R/CS? Other than I wish people would stop asking if I was pregnant, no.

TLC Waterfalls is the answer to both questions.  I can rap Left-Eye's part of the song like a badass.
    To the first point, totally with you. I hate the knowing looks when I say I don't want to drink, like "oh, you're hiding a pregnancy!" No, just don't feel like getting boozy on a Tuesday, sorry. When July hits and I'm back in the TTC game I'm sure they'll start again.

To the second, I love this part in "We're The Millers" when the kid sings the rap part and nails it.

Me: late 30s | H: early 30s
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    RE Dx: Fibroids, surgery Jan 2016
    IUI #1 and #2, Nov/Dec 2016, BFN
    IVF March 2017: ER - 5R/3M/3F, 1 PGS normal
    Polyp removed May 2017
    FET May 2017 - BFP!
    Baby boy born 2/2/18

• @thj101 - friggin same. I am SO SICK of people asking if I am pregnant. They have been doing it for a year since my husband and I have been married for like 3 years at this point and we would be the first in our group of friends. I just wanna yell, 'Back the eff off'

What brings you here? Lurking and learning while waiting for TTC.

How long do you think you'll be here? I hope to start TTC in late summer/early fall and, like many, love the community but have my fingers crossed for a short stay:-).

How have things been going? Getting anxious now that we are getting closer and my work responsibilities are lightening. I am so ready to get started!

Any R/R/CS? Raves: Bare Foot chilled, wine from a can. Only worth raving because it seemed like it would be unclassy or not great (BOGO), but it tastes great. I needed a nice, sweet glass of wine and this was perfect! Cheers!

GTKY: (Stolen from TWW) What is your go to karaoke song?  If you are not into karaoke, what's the one song you MUST sing to if you hear on the radio? My go-too karaoke song is "Gold Digger" by Kanye West. Great song and very funny, especially since no one expects me to be able to spit bars (ha). I get that people hate Kanye West, but when I start to hear that opening "she gives me money" I lose it! Also, "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse I have been known to sing while tipsy. I always think I'm very funny when I'm drinking.
    TTGP July Siggy Challenge------Summer Fails: Broad city

M: 26
    DH: 31
    Married 2010