September 2015 Moms
Options

Summer Time

Whats everyone doing to keep their babies cool in this hot weather?! Finally starting to be nice out here and my baby is always like a furnace..she's hot and sweating it seems like all the time. I made her some "Popsicles" out of baby juice. Just curious what everyone else is doing. I saw some people I know taking their babies to splash pads. Am I the only one who didn't know there was such a thing?! I'm so out of this. 

Re: Summer Time

• Options
    Kiddie pool in our backyard with bath toys, swimming lessons, we have a shaded backyard so it is pretty comfortable in the summer. I'm keeping a light colored towel over her car seat to help keep it cool. 
  • Options
    jen83mnjen83mn member
    We bought a kiddie pool for the backyard too, and we have a splash pad in the neighborhood we'll go to once he starts walking (which looks like it won't be long now). We'll be taking him out on the boat this summer and swimming as well. So thankful summer is here! (MN winters are not my cup of tea!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a shaded garden that stays pretty comfortable, so we haven't had much of a problem yet. I freeze homemade smoothies into popsicles, we all love those! Mostly I'm just keeping LO in the shade when possible, avoiding the middle couple hours of the day (for UV), and offering to nurse more often. I know my milk changes to meet her hydration needs, so I don't give water to LO, but I make sure I'm well hydrated.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    callistosmilecallistosmile member
    edited May 2016
    I make Popsicles by mixing fruit purée and breast milk. I EP so I have an excessive amount free for Popsicles lol. Our neighborhood park is nice and shaded. There's an outdoor pool opening soon that I'm definitely splurging on a membership for. We live in apartments so I can't do a kiddie pool but I've been thinking of asking my landlord if we could put one in the parking lot. There are lots of kids in the community, but then I'd be worried about never getting to use it because the older kids are trampling the baby...such indecision lol. I need to buy a hat with a bigger brim because my ginger baby would probably burn easily in the sun. I'm planning on getting a clip on fan for the stroller since the canopy is black. 
  • Options
    He's loving the water 
  • Options
    Kiddie pool, extra fluids and I just purchased a clip on fan for the car today! It can go on the stroller too!! 
  • Options
    We're on vacation in Maine and we took LO to the beach for the first time yesterday, he loved it!
  • Options
    I had all these plans until this week started to feel like summer. Feels like 95 outside with not a cloud in the sky! Honestly, it's too hot for me and I know it's too hot for LO. We will go out in the mornings and evenings. I plan on being a lot more active this Autumn. Ha! Where I live it's crazy humidity and no shade 24/7. Bummer in the summer time with a baby. In the evenings we will have a kiddy pool time and stroller rides with a fan. Zoo on the cool mornings so the animals are actually out and about! 
  • Options
    I bought a clip on fan for the stroller - so cheap and so worth it!
  • Options
    Tea party in the shade :) 
    First time swimming last night and she LOVED it!! She was kicking her little feet like she knew what she was doing lol! Precious times!
    We mostly stay inside though to be honest. I'm 5 months pregnant so I am not too comfortable anyway so we've been loving the AC haha ;) 
  • Options
    Those pictures are adorable ! Love the float carrier.
  • Options
    We went to the pool for the first time last week!
    Anniversary
    TTC #1 Since April 2014
    Me: 27 | DH: 31
    08/2006 - Laparoscopy/Stage 1 Endo
    10/2014 - Bloodwork normal, HSG all clear
    10/2014 - DH's SA 15mil/mL, 35% motility, 6% morphology
    BFP #1: 12/29/14 | EDD: 9/9/15