June 2016 Moms
Options

40 weeks 5 days lost mucus plug 4cm dilated 90% effaced? Soon?

I had a cervical check Friday and midwife said I was 3-4cm dilated and 90% effaced. Told us we could have a baby soon but so far nothing. I went to the bathroom today and lost a good chunk of my mucus plug. I know that necessarily doesn't mean anything but since I'm so far along can I be close to having my son? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: 40 weeks 5 days lost mucus plug 4cm dilated 90% effaced? Soon?

• Options
    Good luck :)
  • Options
    I hope so!!!! I've been waiting with baited breath here too, induction scheduled for Friday the 10th.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Given what you've said, yes it sounds like you're probably close. Keep walking and try some deep squats to encourage baby down. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes, I think within the next 2 days you'll labor. Let us know how you're doing! Good luck!
    Me: 32, DH: 35
    Married to DH: 11-13-10
    DS #1: EDD: 9/25/12, Born 10-9-12
    DS #2: EDD: 6-19-16, Born 6-14-16
  • Options
    I'd hope so, more for the fact you're 40+5 than the 3-4 cm though.  I've been at 5cm for a week now and still nothing!  I always dilate early so that doesn't ever guarantee anything!  I'd say if you don't go naturally soon you'll be getting induced so either way baby will be here soon!  Good luck, going overdue is always tough mentally.  With my first I was 4 cm and 6 days over when I finally went into labor, so similar to your stats now if that encourages you at all.
  • Options
    Oh and fyi, prepare yourself just in case you have a fast labor!  I've gotten to 4cm with both my other pregnancies and my first took 2 1/2 hrs from contractions starting to baby, my second took 1 hr 12 min from first contraction to birth.  Not saying that's for sure gonna happen to you, but quite honestly no one told me that was even a possibility when i was pregnant with my first!  A heads up would have been nice!  Almost didnt make it to the hospital...they spend so much time telling you that DOESN'T happen in birth class when you're a FTM...well precipitus labor DOES happen 2-3% of the time!  Unlikely but not impossible!  If contractions come on fast and hard, book it to the hospital!
  • Options
    Thanks yall! That's reassuring!

• Options
    I was 4 cm for a week. But yes, be prepared for a fast labor and delivery! I Went from 5 cm to baby in my arms in less than an hour. Good luck!!!
  • Options
    40+5, 4cm and 90% effaced? I would surely hope that baby is coming soon!
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    This is my 3rd baby. Once contractions started with my first two Kaiser admitted me both times when I was 4cm! How far along are you supposed to go before the hospital will take you lol? 
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    This is my 3rd baby. Once contractions started with my first two Kaiser admitted me both times when I was 4cm! How far along are you supposed to go before the hospital will take you lol? 
    It depends on the situation. If there are no regular contractions, 4cm means nothing. It all depends on the doctor, the hospital, whether you're actually laboring, etc. I hear these people saying they were taken in at 2-3cm. I guess it's up to L&D.
    Me: 32, DH: 35
    Married to DH: 11-13-10
    DS #1: EDD: 9/25/12, Born 10-9-12
    DS #2: EDD: 6-19-16, Born 6-14-16
  • Options
    I'm at a birthing center. They said the hospital will offer induction this week if I want it but I'd rather not be induced.