December 2016 Moms

Monday Bitchfest 6/6

Sorry I'm late posting this! Let your frustrations out!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

Re: Monday Bitchfest 6/6

• Gonna bitch about the Miss USA thing. Because I have to. I watched it with my grandmother last night, and when they announced Miss DC won, first thing my grandmother said was, "Guess they couldn't handle a white Miss USA."

UM HELLO THE FINAL THREE WERE ALL WOMEN OF COLOR

ALSO LAST YEARS WINNER WAS WHITE

I'm so glad a member of the US military won, regardless of skin color. I thought she answered her questions well, as did the other two women in the final three. It's an honor to make it to the top 3 out of 52 women, regardless of whether you win or not. I wish people didn't have to make everything about race, but this would have gone 1 of 2 ways: Miss Hawaii would have won and people would have said it was racist to the black contestants, or Miss DC or Miss Georgia would have won and they would have said it's racist because they had to pick a black girl. So we focus more on race than the fact that three intelligent, accomplished, beautiful, strong women of color made it to the top three in Miss USA.

Sorry about the rant. Not that beauty pageants mean anything but I'm so tired of all the "social unrest" in our society over race. Wish we could all just get along and if we can't get along, don't blame it on race.
  • Loading the player...
  • It's Monday and I have a full week of work ahead. Does that count? 

Also, mil was here all weekend so no chores got done, no grocery shopping got done, and my house is a mess. Also, DH wasn't able to help me paint the baby's room because DD didn't want to play with mil without him because mil doesn't play with DD. So basically I was on my own while DH was playing with DD and mil was sitting on the couch complaining the house is messy. I'm glad she left last night...until this baby is born. Also, she announced she's coming out 2 days before my scheduled c section...though that wasn't when the invitation was for. I'm NOT entertaining her the 2 days that I planned on doing nothing but sleeping! Nope nope nope. She's also mad that we moved the guest bed out so early to start the nursery. 
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• I'm annoyed that I'm sitting at work and no patients are showing up and I could be outside in the sunshine. And my car is going to shit, so there's another $500 going in today. 
  • Kacie209Kacie209 member
    edited June 2016
    allicat89 said:
    Terrifying FTM's seems to be the local sport in my area. When I tell people we're having a baby, 90% of the time the reaction is this: "Congrats! You will never sleep again, and you will never see your friends again, and you will never have sex again, and the baby will cry constantly, and you will be stressed out and unhappy all the time. We are so excited for you!"
    A few years back, some coworkers got into a hissy about this and how they weren't having children because of exactly what you said. Which, rubbed me the wrong way since we weren't even trying at that point but knew that having children was something we wanted to do.

And yeah, sometimes that stuff does come from people who already have kids, but for me... it's mainly from people who don't have kids and aren't planning on having kids. Like they just KNOW what it's like to parent a child.

IDK, but I still plan on having a social life, sex life and try to enjoy like the best I can. Will it be tough for a bit? Yes! Of course. But will it be worth it? 100X more. I've seen my youngest nephew grow up from the day he was born and he just turned 4 a few weeks back. For him, it was from birth to about 6 months that was tough for my SIL and her DH, but after that... basically a breeze. Or so I thought from an outsiders view. And, every kid is different, and I get that too.

Edit: spelling and missing words
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My family is giving me a hard time because I just bought a diaper changing table and shelf ($30), and a rocker with an ottomon ($50). They keep telling me that I shouldn't be buying stuff this early, it's bad luck, and they're just mad because they wanted to buy these things. But I feel like I got a really good deal! This rocker was used, and the same one I put on my registry was $300! I feel like I'm SAVING them money, so they should be happy.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)
  • I've had it with my boss. He sends me an e-mail Sunday asking me to get him the details that I already sent him Friday (he has already told me he doesn't read my e-mails, so this doesn't surprise me). Then when he actually reads the e-mail he asks for clarification and FURTHER information because his boss wants it. It's my day off, dude, I'm not answering your e-mail! How many times have you told me to NOT check my e-mail on my days off, and to not respond when I'm not working. The only reason I was on my e-mail was because I was going to send him a courtesy e-mail because of Tropical Storm Colin. I sent him the extra details today. Bad on him if he can't give his boss an update on something I sent him when I was supposed to. And don't expect me to check my e-mails on my day off.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• H moved my bra, and now I can't find it. Its the only one that fits decently, and I really wanted to actually take a walk today. He also isn't answering his texts.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• It's hot, I mean, ridiculously hot. Especially for the PNW. And I have central air at home...and at work...and in my car...so I really shouldn't complain. But it's 11am, and it's already 82 outside. It was 99 all weekend. I felt trapped in my house, because every time I opened the door, it was like opening the oven. My poor dogs kept running outside, then turning right around going NOPE and running back inside. I guess on the plus side the heat this weekend made DH and I decide we're going to get an above ground pool this summer lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • allicat89  you should hear the reactions we've gotten by saying we're having twins...lots of laughing, good luck, and better you than me. Um...thanks? Assholes lol.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • allicat89allicat89 member
    edited June 2016
    @Kacie209 Most of the negative comments I get are from older women who have grown children. Younger mothers and childless women are much more supportive, strangely! 

@brittnic86  I can't imagine the rude comments you must put up with! I'm so sorry! Stay strong!
  • @allicat89 People are so rude. I think the worst part is some people assuming that we used fertility treatments, and therefore "asked for it" or something. First off, No, we didn't. Secondly, how rude for the people who have used fertility treatments! You stay strong too lady!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Your H sounds so sweet and supportive! People say those things without thinking. I don't think they mean to frighten you. It's just a really bad way to spur conversation, IMO. I got the sleep comments a lot and while it's true it's not as bad as people make it out to be. 
  • beff12 said:
    I'm just annoyed at the world. I'm annoyed at our clutter, at feeling bad all the time, I was annoyed at DH when he came home for lunch because he was eating too loud and looking at me. I feel like a 7 year old or something. 
    @beff12, I hear you.  I feel like I'm a hormonal 14 year old who can't control herself.  So easily annoyed it's not even funny.  EVERYTHING gets on my nerves.

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Everytime I try to upload an avatar this dumb app fails. I don't want to look like some rando every time I post. 
  • @allicat89 - raising a child is THE MOST fulfilling job in the world.  Sure, there are some negatives, but please trust that the positives make those negatives look tiny in comparison to the love, pride, joy and fun of every single day.  I could package all of the things in life that give me joy and it wouldn't compare to 5 good minutes with DS.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• My bitchfest today is people who say they are 'terrible with names'.  Sorry, I don't believe you.  I think you're too self-involved/self-important to care about anyone else.  There are 1000 appropriate ways of re-introducing yourself.  You're not bad with names, you're a dick.  

Pregnancy Ticker     

• I'm also annoyed by everything and can't keep up with my house. My house is a disgusting disaster and I don't want to fix it because no one helps and a small house with 5 people in it... Well it's just going to be a disaster. But messes stress me out more than anything! I just want to burn this mother down!
  • @Sharkey   and @DiFazette  Thank you both so much for your encouraging comments! You have eased my nerves tremendously!   :) 

• So funny, yesterday I was all extra annoyed, and DH asked me what was wrong, and I just said nothing, and he kept asking, so I said I don't know what's wrong! Then started crying...then laughing...then crying some more...DH thought it was hilarious.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @allicat89 I'm sorry you're getting this, and I totally understand the fear. I had very little child experience before DD, and my childhood wasn't great. So I'm just considering all of the worst case scenarios for a kid. At my baby shower I dealt with my 3 1/2 year old niece, who is sweet but spoiled rotten, and she drove me crazy after the first 30 minutes. When they all left, I was crying to DH that I was going to hate our kid. But I didn't :)

And babies are totally different. Some are more difficult than others. DD ended up being an awesome baby. She rarely cried and was a really good sleeper from the start. I got more sleep after she was born than I did in third trimester when I was super uncomfortable. And we took and still take her out everywhere. She's a flexible kid and will fall asleep anywhere. Our sex life had gotten back to normal when pregnancy and all those fun symptoms chimed in again. And we're super happy. You'll really do fine with all of this. I think it's good to be aware and as prepared as possible for the difficulties that may be ahead, but I found that I thought it was going to be much worse than the reality actually was.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • allicat89 said:
    Terrifying FTM's seems to be the local sport in my area. When I tell people we're having a baby, 90% of the time the reaction is this: "Congrats! You will never sleep again, and you will never see your friends again, and you will never have sex again, and the baby will cry constantly, and you will be stressed out and unhappy all the time. We are so excited for you!" 

I understand that raising a kid isn't all sunshine and rainbows, but I'm a FTM who has awkwardly held a baby only twice in her lifetime, so I have no frame of reference for kids other than what people tell me! And they only tell me the bad stuff! This weekend, after spending ten minutes with a well-meaning group of church ladies who effectively told me my life is now over, I turned to my husband and said, "Is there anything good about having a baby? Have we made a huge mistake
    Man. People suck! Having a baby IS a wonderful experience and the good outweighs the bad by a long shot. RUDE. 

sorry you don't have more positive people around! 
  • I went out to run errands. Not only did my debit card get a block on it, I had to leave my Costco stuff at the customer service desk and haul my 3 kids outside to deal with it and by the time it was fixed there was no way I had the energy to do Costco again with a 4, 3, & 1 year old. So, we went to the library and I carried the baby and my stack of books and my library card to the desk with my toddlers trailing only to have them tell me that my card was expired. And since I'm a non resident now of that township, I would need to pay $100 annually. Happy Monday. Poor kids had to leave a stack of stuff and go home empty handed twice. 
  • My last appointment of the day is late.  They are always late and blame traffic.  Sorry, when you're late every week the traffic shouldn't be a surprise.  You're really just not leaving on time.
  • kbdukekbduke member
    My OB called me to reschedule my appointment that was supposed to be tomorrow. Everyone that works there is super nice. Except for this lady. She was seriously so rude and acted like it was my fault that they had to reschedule. Ugh. Not what I wanted to deal with today.
  • One of my Bff's said some interesting things while we were all together this weekend. First she is like don't eat anything with chicory it can cause spontaneous miscarriage. Gee thanks, I know she ment well since she knows I have had one but really? And then she starts a discussion about breast feeding and how she thinks that since breasts are so sexualized that people need to stop thinking that we can desexualize them by breastfeeding in public and that everyone should always wear a cover. I 100% will wear a cover in public but for my own comfort and not that of other people but I will not cover at home. And she is like I think everyone should cover all the time. Ugh!!! And she has no kids and probably won't for a few years. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • karmbakarmba member
    edited June 2016
    I felt like a brat today - everything was "woe is me" and everyone I spoke to annoyed the hell out of me.  I've just felt off my game today.  It's day one of a travel week for me so that can be stressful.  Tonight I'm taking advantage of the fact that I'm in a state with no sales tax and hitting up the carters outlet!

edit - spelling

Me: 34 DH: 36
    Married 10/15/11
    M/C October 2014
    BFP #2 4/3/16  EDD 12/8/16  DS 11/19/16

• We got home from our trip only to receive a call from daycare that DD was running a fever. It's been off and on all day with no other symptoms. It spiked at 102.2 but hasn't gone higher than that. Now it's looking like I'll have to use another PTO day to deal with this tomorrow. Bleh.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • So yesterday DH and I went to see the new TMNT movie. I should have known better seeing that it was opening weekend, a kids movie, and the fact that we went to the "cheap" theater. These kids were on 10 and the parents DGAF. Oh well I know better for next time.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Omg. Just finished my meltdown for the evening. I've been growing a dwarf lime tree for a few years and the dog just destroyed it. I mean shredded and tore off 3 of the 4 limbs. I've had problems with this damn dog for a while, but I am seriously at my wits end. Our other dog went thru obedience training but this one was adopted later in his life and when we took him he failed the same! I completely blame my SO here because it's his dog and he is supposed to be training him. 

Pregnancy Ticker 

• I'm pissed because my Netflix isn't working and whatever lunch meat my H purchased last night is stinking up the entire fridge. I'm over this day and these smells and I just want to binge watch Gilmore Girls in peace, dammit. 
  • Not much to bitch about today, but damn my carpal tunnel has me considering robot hands.
  • I have to have a tooth pulled tomorrow and I'm so nervous. I hate my teeth and the fact that they suck so much. My DD also has shots tomorrow so we will both be miserable.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• I'm having family issues this evening...my parents have been divorced for 20 years, but it was incredibly contentious. Like 12 years and 10 court cases contentious. Like my dad stole my college savings to keep my mom from using it contentious. Like I didn't speak to my dad for 10 years contentious. I've come a long way from it though now. Though my dad was emotionally abusive when I was a child, we eventually reconciled, and through counseling, we have a decent relationship now. My mom and I have always been close, but she has always clearly been uncomfortable with my and my brother's relationship with my dad. I understand that the marriage was very traumatically mentally abusive for her and she worries about us, but my dad is very different from who he was 17 years ago. My brother and I are doing fine with him. And it's very important to DH and I that DD (and this baby) have good relationships with their grandparents, despite them being all divorced. So we don't want anything, even discretely, said about them around her...or to us really.

So my mom still has trouble with this boundary. While my dad doesn't ask any probing questions about her and seems fine with knowing how much she babysits, my mom wants information about his relationship with DD. And she thinks she's asking innocently, but you can see the questionable look on her face. She'll ask if DD seems to like him. Most of the time when we go out to eat, she'll ask if we've seen him. Like we did brunch with my dad on my birthday and just told my mom we were eating breakfast out. Her first question when she saw us was, "did you go see your dad?" ...why the hell does it matter? It was my birthday, and I was trying to see everyone. 

DD has been sick all day with a fever, and my dad is a pediatrician. She sees one of the partners at his office for her checkups, but we'll call my dad for advice. With this he just told us to watch her fever and bring her in the morning to be seen. My mom texted DH to ask about DD and he said we were bringing her to the doctor tomorrow. Her first question was, "Does she see L's dad or another doctor?" ...why the hell does it matter?! So DH nicely told her that she sees another doctor there but that she was missing the point, which was that DD was sick and would be getting care tomorrow. My mom freaked out and sent a weird text about how she'll just mind her own business, etc. So I tried to call her, twice. Tried to call her on DH's phone too. She doesn't answer. She finally answers after 30 minutes and claims she was in the shower, which I'm pretty sure was a lie. Then she proceeds to yell over me...I got no words in...about how she doesn't say anything about my dad in front of DD and anyways she's too young to notice. She should be able to ask an innocent question to DH. She's been told that DD sees one of my dad's partners, but she doesn't know if we're lying to her. She also won't talk about how she's fat in front of DD (as we've asked her not to because I don't like there to be a focus on body size) and all of other other silly rules for her. She'll even sign a 'contract' not to speak negatively about the other grandparents if that's what we require. (all this while I am able to say nothing). I eventually got in that she's blowing this out of proportion and we should have a calm conversation about it. And she just yelled that she was having an emotional night and couldn't continue the conversation. Eventually I just hung up because she was being very mocking and rude. 

Later I texted her to say that I was sorry she was having an emotional night but that we should be able to have a civil conversation about that matter. I said I wanted to revisit it when she had calmed down. And I ended with an I love you and hope you feel better. Her response was, "I love you too, but I warned you I was not in a receptive state. It may be a while."

Boy I love feeling guilted for trying to keep peace within my family. Unfortunately my mom is so stuck on the issues with my dad that I fear she will never see how unreasonable she is being in this matter. And I feel for her. I honestly believe she has PTSD from the marriage. But I'm stuck in a really difficult place trying to create a peaceful family environment for my children. Neither parent had respect for boundaries when my brother and I were young, and we both suffered greatly for it (a lot of therapy and my brother is a recovering heroin addict). I will not allow them to do this to my children. 

***Sorry for my great wall of text!!!
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • @LinziLoo09 - I'm so sorry you're having to deal with all of that. Hugs to you
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @LinziLoo09 That is a horrible place to be put in! I am so terribly sorry that your mother is being so selfish over your and your daughter's time and affections. When she calms down would she be open to therapy or at least sitting down with you and your brother to have a rational discussion about how your father is no longer abusive?

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• She's been in therapy for a while and still is. My brother and I have tried to pull her into therapy before when he was first in recovery. But she is very stuck on the idea that my father cannot change, and he's somehow tricking us all. I've gotten to the point where I understand that she may never be able to get past it. But I need her to keep those feelings to herself. And she just won't. She is convinced that she's acting very innocent in her questions, but the motive is obvious, particularly during these meltdowns. I really wish there was a way to improve things for her.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave