April 2016 Moms

Working Bf moms: how much milk

how much breast milk is your little one consuming? How long are you away? 

Mine drank 10 ounces one day and 9 the next. I wish he'd drink 12. DD didn't eat much during the day either. 

I am not far into this and already am worried about less sleep in my future. 

Re: Working Bf moms: how much milk

• I'm away almost 12 hrs with driving time. I leave 15-16 ounces that covers him while I'm gone & his first bottle when I get home. He eats 3-4 oz a time. He's 7 weeks. 
  • Mine is six weeks and eats 4 oz per feeding. I usually pump twice in my 9 hour shift and get about 16 oz total, so I'm staying about even with his eating pace. He ate 2 oz per feeding until 4 wks but has been much hungrier the last two weeks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • It's best to figure 1 ounce per hour you are away. 
    Dont panic.... you are doing great
  • Agreed.  One ounce for every hour you are away.  I haven't returned to work yet, but with DD1, I would pump around 10:30 and have six ounces and again at 2:30 and have another six ounces.  I was a super producer with her though and SFIL had no idea how to ration out milk (he watches DD).  If you aren't already I would recommend that you give only 2-3 ounce bottles/frozen at a time.  There were days SFIL was dumping 2+ ounces down the drain even when DD was older because I was putting 4+ in packets, expecting him to use wisely.  I learned not everyone finds bm to be liquid gold.

• Okay, so we are hitting about the right target. Thanks! 

Ive been trying to do bags of 3--seems to work mostly well. I brought home a bag of five begrudgingly today.