Pregnant after IF

April/May IF success group

Re: April/May IF success group

• @Joyzie77 I looked up edamame and that's supposed to be okay. I'm sorry you are having a hard time eating. Try peanut butter and apples maybe?

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Joyzie77 I agree with @dragonfaerie about apples and peanut butter, also kind bars are supposed to have good protein. I usually try to drink boost also. Hope this helps.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks everyone. :) I've been doing peanut butter but I will try it with the apples. 
  • Hi ladies! I've missed you all and missed being on here, but it was so nice to get away for a week. How is everyone doing and feeling? I had 2 scares during vacation and it sucked not being able to call the nurse or go to the clinic (or even ask for feedback here). First, around Tuesday of last week I started experiencing numbness on the right side of my behind and upper thigh. It was as if my butt kind of fell asleep. On Wednesday the feeling increased so I e-mailed the nurse and she said I might have hit a nerve with PIO. Great! By Thursday it felt like my right side was prickling with tiny little needles so I was told to stop PIO altogether until I'm examined by my RE. My right side feels a lot better now since I've been off PIO for 5 days now. Then yesterday on the flight back home, I went to the bathroom and there was some brown spotting when I wiped (sorry for the TMI). I completed freaked out and had to sit through another 7 hours on pins and needles. Spoke to the nurse this morning and she thinks it's fine since there's no red blood. Did anyone experience this and everything was fine? I won't be able to relax until my appointment tomorrow. I jokingly (but not really) told my DH that no more cruises for me. Every time we go on a cruise I either get sick or have some sort of a medical issue. On top of it all, I'm not really have much of any symptoms which adds to my worries, crazy, I know. I got nauseous at breakfast 2-3 times last week and my husband thinks I have smell senses of a dog now, but that's about it. I'm always tired, but I think it's the lack of caffeine. I'm just always ready for a nap. 
    ***History & TW in Spoiler***

***bfp & child warning***
    TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IUI #1 - October 2015 - BFN
    IUI #2 - November 2015 - BFN
    IUI #3 - December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Retrieval #1 - April 2016
    FET #1 - May 2016 - BFP!!! DS - Born January 2017
    Trying for baby #2...
    FET #2 - January 2018 - BFN  
    No more embryos left; switched to a new RE
    IVF/Retrieval #2 - January 2019
    IVF/Retrieval #3 - March 2019
    FET #3 - April 2019 - BFP!!! - DD: Born December 2019
    Trying for baby #3...
    FET #4 - October 2021 - BFP!!! - Due June 2022

• **lurking ** @tulips29 ah omg I can't believe you had two scares on vacation . I'm so sorry ! To answer your question , a lot of women have spotting . I had spotting very early on in my pregnancy and know women that had it for a couple weeks in first tri . My spotting ended up being fine . 

i did later on two different occasions experience red blood (which people tell you to worry about ) and those ended up being subchorionic hematomas which are not all that uncommon common with IVF . So even if that were to happen things can be fine ! Bleeding during pregnancy is so much more common than I realized . 

I know how scary any blood can be - I didn't feel better about things until getting an US . That's always nice reassurance that baby is fine :) 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • @Tulips29 I'm sorry to hear you had such a stressful trip! I haven't had any spotting, but my RE said that most spotting (regardless of color) is normal as long as it's not accompanied by uber-cramps. Hugs for you! I definitely feel you on the exhaustion!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • *lurking*

@tulips29 I had the same pain in my backside as you described. They thought I had hit a nerve and just told me not to use that side til it subsided. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • @mskeenan I'm glad to hear the bleeding is common. It still freaks you out, though. I'm glad you and the baby are doing well! I can't wait until tomorrow already and really hoping I can get the same reassurance that everything is ok. 

@dragonfaerie no cramps here, but I think my tummy hurt yesterday and this morning because I scared the crap out of myself and it was just nerves. I turned to doctor Google yesterday since my clinic was closed and got all sorts so scary answers, so I was in complete panic mode. 

@capps42613 interesting, I was told to stop PIO altogether. Using only 1 side would have made sense though. Did it take a while for the pain to go away? The numbness is pretty much gone for me, but when I touch my right side, it feels a bit weird to the touch still. Almost like not all of the sensation is back yet. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 Dr Google is scary! Think happy thoughts, take deep even breaths, and just know that you got this! :)

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Tulips29  I have had the same pain in my right side for the last 2 weeks. I figured it was because I hit a nerve and it feels sore halfway down my leg. Hopefully you are able to take it easy & rest now that your are back. 

@Joyzie77 - you can get protein in lots of things! Apples & peanut butter is good & for some reason should help with nausea too. I usually try to have some trail mix with me all of the time. Maybe a hard boiled egg if that doesn't make you nauseous. You can also drink your protein. I can't remember where I read it but something said you could have smoothies to get a lot of your vitamin needs. Just add a scoop of protein with it. I have found that eating small things every 2 hours or so really has helped with my nausea. 

It was 117 degrees here in Phoenix this weekend so needless to say all I did was try to stay cool. It's too early to be this hot... I guess I'm grateful that I'm only 10 1/2 weeks and not 8 months pregnant in this heat! Happy Monday ladies!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 Yikes lady! That's is HOT! I was cooking and it was only in the 80s! I'm definitely glad I won't be later in my pregnancy during the summer. I'll be glad for the extra padding when it's winter. Haha. :)

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Tulips29 I'm sorry for your scare. Hopefully your doctor can see you and put ur mind at ease. 
    I have been thinking about how it's going to be a little over two weeks till I see my OB and I'm trying to handle the fact that I can't see them every week.  Anyone else have this problem? 
  • @ultratomato Yes! I definitely feel like I've been spoiled, seeing at least a nurse once a week. I had a blood draw last Tuesday, and now it's going to be Friday before I go in again. it's so hard to wait!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I haven't seen my RE since May 31 and won't be seeing my obgyn until June 17. So long. Just yesterday and today I've been getting heart palpitations. Like my heart flutters but not in a good way for a second and stops for 10 minutes and then it goes again. Anyone else have this? 
  • @Tulips29 it took a good 5 days for the pain to go away. It still acts up now and again. Luckily I only had a week left of the PIO when it happened.

@drove2u I was diagnosed with heart palpitations about a year ago. The cardiologist found nothing structurally wrong with my heart so I'm not on any meds or anything. I know exactly what you're describing. It's scary when it's happening to you. You may want to see a doctor to make sure that's all it is and that your rhythm is within normal limits. I'm seeing a HR doctor for my thyroid but he's more worried about my HP than my thyroid during my pregnancy. Worth checking out.
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • edited June 2016
    @Tulips29 sorry for the scare FX for your appointment tomorrow.
    @ultratomato yes I just keep thinking about the next appointment and counting the days in between.  
    @Griffin5413 wow that is hot! Hope you stay cool!

AFM- nausea got the best of me this past weekend, so much so that I couldn't eat anything except soup and crackers and my bff ginger-ale. The smell of food was the worst part. RE will be prescribing anti-nausea meds for me but prefers natural remedies (i.e. soup, ginger ale and etc),
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @WishingforLuck Altoids makes a ginger flavor, maybe those would be good?

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie I know it's going to be hard after leaving the RE's office after going once a week. I'm assuming the OB appointments will be a lot less frequent. It makes me a little nervous but I'm glad that the first trimester will be getting closer. @Drove2u I would have it checked out. Sometimes heart palpitations can also be a sign of anxiety. Getting it checked out might bring you peace of mind. 
  • I had a peanut butter, banana and milk smoothie and that was good for my belly today. I need to see if whey protein is ok. I see a lot of mixed info online about all the added things that can be in powdered proteins. My whey protein is organic but I think I want to clear it with the doc first. 
  • @Griffin5413 that's hot! I'm in Houston and it's been in the 90's and humid and I don't want to go outside. 
  • @Joyzie77 I'm so glad you found something tasty! That sounds really good actually. Hehe. So many times Google raises more questions than it answers, I swear. Are you able to email your nurse and get an answer fairly quickly?

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie my RE's office isn't good with those questions. I'm still waiting for a message back about nausea medication. I might call the OB's office instead. 
  • I don't know if any of you are comfortable sharing your names but I figure we are going to be on here for a bit so.... My name is Joy. In case you couldn't get it from my screen name.
  • Is anyone experiencing morning sickness? If so, how far along are you? 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 I've been getting waves of nausea throughout the day for several weeks. This morning was the first time that I woke up feeling sick. No puking yet though *knock on wood*

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie I had a few days of nausea last week as well, mostly in the mornings. Once I really thought I was going to throw up when I took a bite of an omelette. But today I had a hard boiled egg and was totally fine. It's so odd. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 Seriously, I never know what's going to set me off. Yesterday, DH was spray sealing our deck and I was just like "Ugh, that reeks!" and he said he could barely smell it at all.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie haha oh, same here. DH and I walked by a book stand the other day and I love the smell of new books. So I said to him that it smells so good, I can walk by the stand back and forth. He said he didn't smell a thing. He also tells me I developed "pregnancy brain" and I  forget things, say silly things I'd never say before, etc. Yesterday we got wings and pizza with some friends and I ate a bunch of the spicy wings. He just looked at me and said "since when do you eat spicy stuff?" I'm definitely constantly hungry, that's for sure. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @Tulips29 Oh yes, I hought pregnancy brain would happen later, but I am way out of it. Or maybe I'm just so excited I can't think? It's funny too how heartburn/indigestion seems to be a common complaint, but I hear more women say they crave spicy things than anything else. :)

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Tulips29 Sorry you had some scares while on vacation. I agree with pp that spotting is so common - although knowing this I still freak out! I started getting morning sickness last week I am 6w4d today.

@Drove2u I have had a significant increase in heart palpitations. I get them mostly at night. I think I read somewhere that it can be caused by lower blood pressure which happens in pregnancy. Mine is already really low to begin with- 90/50. I'll as m doc about it tomorrow at my appointment.

*mc mentioned*

I have my first appointment with my OB tomorrow - as my RE is in Prague, I got transferred to my OB right away. Tomorrow is a big appoitment for me (1:20m Mountain time). Last time,  I found out about my MMC at 9w1d, but the babe measured  6w5d at that appointment. I am really just hoping that everything is measuring right on and that we see the heartbeat.

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @susykat77 Praying for your appointment tomorrow!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @susykat77 FX for you tomorrow! I hope all goes well and you're able to see the heartbeat. I have the same appointment as you tomorrow. I'm so nervous and also hoping we see or even hear the heartbeat. Maybe then I'll be able to relax a little bit. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...
    Trying for baby #3...

• @susykat77 prayers good luck tomorrow. @Joyzie77 my name is sandy 
  • @susykat77 Hoping you get to hear the heartbeat. @Tulips29 I'm experiencing nausea and dry heaving (yuck) most of the day. I have thrown up twice and I am almost 9 weeks. Nice to meet you Sandy! 
  • @dragonfaerie I didn't know that thanks I will definitely look into purchasing a few.

@susykat77 FX for you tomorrow. Hoping for the best.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 how is ur bruise doing from the other day. Mine hurts and is bruised so bad. Unfortunately I bruise easily so it's kind of scary looking 
  • @susykat77 thanks. And good luck with your appt. let us know how it goes!! 
  • @susykat77Tulips29 - hope your appointments go well today! 
    ultratomato - my bruise is definitely better than last week. I'm so close to being done with these shots (14 more) that I feel like my hips are permanently bruised! I can't wait to be done with that part!
    Joyzie77 - my name is Beth :smile: 

The other day I was walking through the grocery store and I could smell the laundry detergent from a completely different aisle. I love that smell though so I didn't want to leave the aisle. I haven't really had any specific food aversions but depending on the day there are definitely things that don't sound appealing at all. 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Oh man, today is rough. I slept terribly last night because I had a knot from the PIO that was hurting and then my breasts have been so tender, so every time I'd roll over I'd hurt something and wake myself up. When I woke up this morning, I just felt generally ill and have this weird cough. I'm not running a fever, but I really feel icky. I went to work, but I may just jet around lunchtime.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I hope you're able to go home early and just rest. The PIO knots are not fun! 

@Griffin5413 I could smell the laundry detergent just reading your comment lol. I'm the same way as you, though. I haven't had any food aversions, but each day I know exactly what I don't want to eat, even if it's something I typically love. 

AFM - I had my appointment this morning and we were able to see and hear the heartbeat. I cried once the doctor left the room. I couldn't help myself. I've been so worried with the spotting and a numb behind that all I wanted was to make sure the baby was ok. Now just waiting for the blood results and a call with next steps. My RE said I'll probably be back in 10 days and that will be my last appointment with them. I'm not ready! I don't know what I'm going to do without the constant monitoring and having a nurse a call away. He suggested I make an appointment with my OB for 2-3 weeks from now to transition. This is going to be tough. DH and I are also thinking to make the announcement to our parents on Father's Day. I'd love to do a fun announcement, so thinking of making a photo album of our vacation and it being the gift from the baby with hints on each photo of who it's from and the announcement as the last page. I'm a little scared even thinking about this as I'll be right at 9 weeks on Father's Day and initially wanted to wait until 12 weeks to tell, but I also would love to share the news with them sooner. 

TTC - since 2014
    7 rounds of Clomid - BFN
    IVF #1 - March 2016
    Trying for baby #2...