April 2016 Moms
Options

Mommy & Me : May 2016 Update

Hello!

Thought it would be a good idea to make a monthly check-in instead of the weekly ticker changes we used to do.

Feel free to share some of the things that occurred during the month of May with you and your little one. 

MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (pain level/discomfort, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): 

Things I did to treat/pamper myself:

Mother's Day 2016 Recap (any special details/surprises from the day):

The best thing about motherhood is: 

BABY:

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc):

Baby really loved:

Baby absolutely hated: 

Weight Gain/Height:

Re: Mommy & Me : May 2016 Update

• Options
    MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (pain level/discomfort, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): Postpartum recovery going well for the most part. Still having some weird feelings/pains whenever I squat or somewhat strain to pick something up. My belly is still a bit loose; I've been wearing support garments to help. I'm planning on resuming exercise in about 3 weeks.

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: Treated myself to a mani and pedi and a nice lunch while DH watched the baby. Other than that, I haven't been able to get out by myself between work, baby, and general household duties.

Mother's Day 2016 Recap (any special details/surprises from the day): Mother's Day was a normal day in our household. Nothing special but we did take a really nice family  photo that is now framed in our home. 

The best thing about motherhood is: That feeling of being a "complete family unit." It's been just me and DH for so long. Now that our son is here, it feels like everything has just come together.

BABY:

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc): Baby has been rolling from his back to his side since week 5. He is smiling and making cute baby sounds since week 6. He is also scooting during tummy time. YES, SCOOTING.  :D

Baby really loved: His travel system. Whenever he is in it, he goes right to sleep. He loves being in motion.

Baby absolutely hated: His co-sleeper. He is becoming too big for it. He has long arms and legs, so he manages to roll over and hook his arm or leg around the sides and attempt to get out (like trying to jump a fence). It's hilarious but scary at the same time. He is now being transitioned to the crib. 

Weight Gain/Height: Since birth, LO has gained about 4.5 lbs. 
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (pain level/discomfort, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): 14lbs left to lose. I'll be happy to lose at least 10. Occasional pain when I over do it but no period yet. Some PPD going on unfortunately.

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: So far nothing. I'll be staring stroller strides soon and hanging out with some friends during the week.

Mother's Day 2016 Recap (any special details/surprises from the day): Did nothing. Did get some small gifts from DH but we mostly argued that night.

The best thing about motherhood is: Still having a hard time adjusting and feeling happy. I'm hoping going out will help some.

BABY:

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc): Starting to smile.

Baby really loved: bath time 

Baby absolutely hated: getting clothes changed 

Weight Gain/Height: 9 lb 8 oz (no update for 4 wks)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (pain level/discomfort, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): Really awful hemorrhoids :( A few pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight, but it's all lost muscle from bedrest, which is awful. I'm taking a job-related physical fitness assessment (situps, pushups, running 2 miles) June 22 and I am trying really hard to get back in shape for that - now that I'm 5 weeks PP I've had two weeks of exercise and I'm just starting to see progress. Mental health wise, I'm doing alright.

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: TODAY I HAD A COCKTAIL! Pumping is the best thing.

Mother's Day 2016 Recap (any special details/surprises from the day): My parents came up and brought food! It was lovely.

The best thing about motherhood is: Baby smiles.

BABY:

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc): He's been smiling the last two weeks actually AT people, which I love. Cooing started recently too, and he's really good at holding his head up! He can roll onto his side, but gets stuck there.

Baby really loved: eating and looking around! He loves being vertical.

Baby absolutely hated: Sleeping. Being alone.

Weight Gain/Height: As of Thursday (5 weeks) he was 11 lbs 3 oz and 23.5 inches long. He's a big guy!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JayeSkylarJayeSkylar member
    edited May 2016
    MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (pain level/discomfort, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): My pain is pretty much non-existent. I thankful granted it sucked during pregnancy had lost so much weight due to morning sickness I was actually ten pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight post-pregnacy. My mental health took a hit. But that was too be expected. I have my good and bad days. And dread when I actually start taking anti-depressants. I hate pills.

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: I didn't do anything. And now that I think about it. I probably should have it would have helped a lot.

Mother's Day 2016 Recap (any special details/surprises from the day): We didn't do anything for Mother's day. At least not for me. We treated our mothers to dinner since his mom came for a visit and he bought me a lovely ring a couple of weeks later.

The best thing about motherhood is: Just getting to cuddle with my baby every chance I get. He's getting so big and independent on me.

BABY:

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc): he smiles mostly for his daddy and grandma. He loves tummy time and can hold his head very steady for a good three minutes or so. When he doesn't want to be on his back any more he'll roll over and look around. He loves to take steps when you put his feet on the floor while holding him. Or scooting across whatever surface he's doing tummy time on.

Baby really loved: being held or being in his carrier. Or bath time.

Baby absolutely hated: he hates being put down for more than a minute

Weight Gain/Height: unofficial weigh in is at 10lbs even and about 21 inches. So he's put on about four pounds and an inch. We'll get an official weigh in in the next week or two
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    MAMA:
    Postpartum recovery (pain level/discomfort, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc):
    8 weeks out. Still can't pee. Still cathing. Still hoping it will come back eventually. 

Retail therapy.

-- What the hey! Most of my post disappeared. I'll redo it in the morning I guess :(

Ugh. Two times I have lost it... if I mess this up again I quit. --

Had a low-key day just me and my girls. L made me a present at preschool that had "I love my mom because..." and one of her reasons was "I just do!"

I've been a mom for three years. My favorite thing right now is listening to L's thoughts and ideas on things. She's so stinkin' cute sometimes. She tattles on herself right now and it's hilarious. Sweet baby snuggles are great too.

BABY:

Been getting smiles since April. Nothing super significant in May. Growing way too fast.

Baby really loved:
    Baby "gym" playmat/archway thing.

Baby absolutely hated: 
    Pacifiers.

Weight Gain/Height:
    R has gained 5lbs since and was clocking in at 12lbs5oz earlier this week. She's a far cry from where L (whose pet name is "Little Bit") was at this age. I took this picture yesterday and it really made me realize how little L still is and how big R is.

The 8th percentile (~3.5y) and the 80th percentile (~2m).
    kids with flags
  • Options
    @linzoirvYou should add a "how old is baby."
  • Options

MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (pain level/discomfort, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): I've felt "recovered" since T was about a week old. I have some nerve damage on my right thigh from his position during labor which is most likely permanent. It just makes my skin numb, so it's not the end of the world. I'm about 5 lbs above my pre-pregnancy weight, but j was underweight, so I'm happy about my current weight. Mentally, I'm good. I get stressed sometimes being the only one who takes care of T (EBF), but nothing crazy.

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: haven't really gotten there yet. DH tries to get me some time for myself. 

Mother's Day 2016 Recap (any special details/surprises from the day): We hung out just the 4 of us. It was great. 

The best thing about motherhood is: My daughter is such a little explorer. I love seeing her try to new things. I can't believe she'll be 4 soon. T has started smiling which is also awesome.

BABY:

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc): He's started smiling. He's getting more head control.

Baby really loved: Moby wrap, ceiling fans

Baby absolutely hated: tummy time/ anytime not being held

Weight Gain/Height: he's gained a little over 4 lbs and unofficially weighs around 12 lbs 4 ounces per our home scale. He's grown about 3 inches.

• Options

MOMMY:

Physical pain from breastfeeding and birthing area was pretty bad the first two weeks. I had sore, cracked nipples and itchy, painful stitches. I gained 19 pounds from pregnancy and am 5 pounds away from pre-pregnancy weight. I think I'm pampering myself with too many high calorie treats. I was a hormonal wreck the first two weeks and still have weird sadness sensations when breastfeeding. But overall I am in good spirits despite intermittent sleep. 

I find an excuse to go out everyday with baby. If we go to the park, I pass by the patisserie. I would really like an alcoholic beverage and a haircut.

We went out for desserts and coffee. I felt very sentimental about my own mom and how much she would have loved to see her grandson.

The profound love you have for your child that everyone has told you about but you never really understood until you had your own child.

BABY:

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc): Cooing, rolled from tummy to back twice (!) Still waiting for a social smile.

Baby really loved: stroller rides, Moby wrap, sleeping on or next to mommy, daddy's guitar playing

Baby absolutely hated: waiting to be fed

Weight Gain/Height: 5.2 pounds and 3.5 inches

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My baby girl was one month on 5/28

MOMMY:

Postpartum recovery (pain level/discomfort, weight loss/gain, mental health, etc): C section recovery is more annoying than I want it to be. My incision got infected, the doc said probably because of my long labor (24 hours). I am trying not to overdue it but really want to be active and exercising again. I am 5 lbs away from my prepregnacy weight but I started out 20+ lbs overweight and worked hard to have a healthy pregnancy and not gain too much. Much of what I gained was water weight at the end, I was bloated and swollen for 2 weeks PP. So I still have a long way to go. 

Things I did to treat/pamper myself: I tried to rest even though it was tough for me because I want to be active. I got HBO Go for my phone and have been binging Girls and Game of Thrones during our night feedings. It makes me actually look forward to the night feedings!

Mother's Day 2016 Recap (any special details/surprises from the day): Just a nice brunch with DH and some (child free) friends so I got lots of love and attention. Had my first alcoholic drink at that brunch, 3/4 of a mimosa, it was great. We were 10 days PP at that point. 

The best thing about motherhood is: Staring in awe with DH at this little one we made. The bond we have as a family of three. 

BABY:

Milestones (smiling, rolling over etc): At a month old she's starting to wake up a little and is happy and alert. She hasn't smiled yet but it's so obvious when she is almost smiling, her eyes and face light up when she's happy.

Baby really loved: Taking baths, usually with her dad. She gets very calm and peaceful in there, very zen like lol 

Baby absolutely hated: Getting out of the bath, she cries the entire time from getting out to getting dressed, she hates being cold at all. 

Weight Gain/Height: She was born at 8 lbs 5 ounces and lost a pound in the first week. It took 3 weeks to get back to her birth weight. She's gaining great now and gained 13 ounces between week 3 and 4. Breast feeding had gone well, she's a good eater! She's at 9lbs 3 ounces 

• Options
    ejledejled member
    MOMMY:

3 weeks PP - in last week started having some discomfort in vagina from (I think) one area of stitches. I figured those should be dissolved by now, but no? I have about 7-10 pounds to lose to reach pre-p weight. 

I've been shopping a little for baby items. I feel like I'm eating way worse than during pregnancy...I'm always snacking! 

I was induced Mothers Day. My husband have me a sweet card, flowers, and just last week gave me a late gift- Mother-Daughter Pandora charm.

Knowing that my DD needs me and that I can provide everything she needs. It gives me this great new purpose in life. 

BABY:

Some smiles and lots of halfway grins. She has great head/neck control and is constantly craning her neck to look around. 

Baby really loved:
    Nursing/comfort nursing as much as I will let her, being carried, Boba and Baby Bjorn carriers, riding in the car.

Baby absolutely hated:
    Diaper/clothing changes, getting into carseat, waiting for me to unhook bra.

Weight Gain/Height: 4 week weight check in 1 week. She had gained 6 ounces above birth weight at 2.5 weeks old. 
  • Options

MOMMY:

Pain is there sometimes but is not severe. 
    Sleep deprivation has caught up with me. DH started to bottle feed baby at night during the weekends. This has helped a lot but I still feel overwhelmed and trapped sometimes. 

Got a pedi with my girlfriend. Loved it!

DH dressed baby in a onsie that said Happy Mothers Day. She looked adorable. 

Baby snuggles

BABY:

Definitely smiling :smile: 

Baby really loved:
    Eating

Baby absolutely hated: 
    pooping

Weight Gain/Height:
    About 2 lbs