Pregnant after IF
Options

**1st trimester check in - week of May 31**

vssbrmvssbrm member
edited June 2016 in Pregnant after IF
Sorry guys, I think there was some confsion about who was going to be posting this week. I take over, I'm only at week 7.5 so I'll be here for a while (all the prayers and knocking on all the wood).

This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. I know we've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

Please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below- if I left you off please let me know )  any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey, I know many of us can relate. 

QOTW: 
It's still early, but have you purchased anything for baby yet? If so what? 

Congrats to all of the Mommies & Daddies to be:

@vmjones05 EDD 11/26/16 
@PrayingMom2Be EDD 12/3/16
@ssandberg EDD 12/4/16 with 1 GIRL & 1 BOY
@capps42613 EDD 12/5/16
@erica0901 EDD 12/10/16
@kuposa17 EDD 12/7/16
@Griffin5413 EDD 12/28/16 with 1 BOY
@emma61210 EDD 1/1/17
@Drove2u EDD 1/4/17
@WishingforLuck EDD 1/6/17
@ultratomato EDD 1/10/17
@joyzie77 EDD 1/10/17 with 1 BOY
@ultratomato EDD 1/12/17
@vssbrm EDD 1/14/17
@HJ.Morgan EDD 1/23/17
@susykat77 EDD 1/26/17
@dragonfaerie EDD 1/27/17
@alavore21 EDD 1/17
@lynnNJ EDD 1/28/17
@jdonegan EDD 2/1/17

Edited to add new BFP! And typos from phone!
Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
       Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
Trying to conceive since November 2012

Re: **1st trimester check in - week of May 31**

• Options
    Hey everyone, hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day Weekend!
    QOTW: 
    It's still early, but have you purchased anything for baby yet? If so what? 
    Yes I started purchasing items online and am continually adding things to my wish list. So far I've bought gender neutral bibs, onesies, swaddle blankets, receiving blankets, healthcare/grooming kit, travel pillows, washcloths, and a bottle drying rack.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't bought anything yet but I have been checking Facebook yard sale sites since we are having two so it's double everything 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    vssbrmvssbrm member
    I bought a T-shirt from my almamater when I graduated from undergrad 11 years ago. My sister got us a book when she found out, and my mom bought a blanket set for her house. That is all we have so far. I need to find the t-shirt, it's somewhere in my parents basement packed in a box. I will not buy anything until the second trimester, but I have started to pick out some stuff for our registry. Somethings like car seats and what not are going to be hard for me, I'm not into cutesy patterns and primary colors (the architect in me likes black, black, some more black with a muted accent color, and then a bit of navy blue), I feel like I have to start looking now to find the most neutral stuff possible!! My babies are going to be so bored!!!
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen

Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
  • Options
    vssbrmvssbrm member
    edited June 2016
    @ultratomato I have been scouting FB sales too. I feel like there are quite a few things I will not mind getting used. I would love to find a bike cart and a jogging stroller. 

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!

• Options
    Hey all! Hope everyone is doing/feeling well. I had my 2nd OB appt today, HR was 155. This will be my last week on this thread before making the leap to the 2nd tri.

QOTW: DH and I thought it would be a good idea to start stocking up on diapers & wipes. So far we've got a set of newborn, size 1 & 2 diapers, long sleeve white onesies, and a few cute neutral onesies.
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    Good morning! Another week of nothing really going on for me. Next week is NIPT and I cannot wait for that; I can't believe it's been a month since I've seen the baby! Over the weekend I told all of my close friends that we were pregnant, all of which knew that we were struggling so it was great to share the happy news. I still can't believe I'm 12w4d!!

QOTW: I've been stalking the mom yard sale groups in my area and we got a baby bjorn and a moby wrap, both in great condition for only $25. I think once we find out the sex I will be tempted to buy more, especially clothes!!
    Me 32 DH 34
    Married 9/2012 

TTC #2 starting 9/2019
    BFP 7/13/2020!
    Due 3/18/2021

TTC #1 since 2/2015
    Diagnosis: Unexplained Infertility 9/2015
    IUIs #1-#5: 9/2015-2/2016 all BFNs
    Moving to IVF with ICSI and PGS 5/2016-6/2016  Just kidding, BFP 4/4/2016!
    Spencer Elliott born 12/7/2016

• Options
    I haven't bought anything yet and probably won't for a while. I'm still scared. Lol maybe after 20 weeks I'll start buying things. We haven't even discussed anything baby wise. But I'm planning on starting the nursery in September. I figured that's a safe time and we have to totally redo the room: new ceiling, new floors etc. 
    had my US yesterday. 9 weeks, 2 days here and got discharged to my obgyn. We saw his/her little leg move. It was so cute. Won't be seeing or hearing anything for two weeks now. 
  • Options
    Hey y'all :) I'm 9w4d today... It is flying by. We were released from our RE last week and I have my first OB appt this Friday. I'm super nervous because I have no idea what to expect! But ready to meet her and hopefully see our peanut again! 

QOTW: I bought some pacifiers! Hahaha!! It was the only gender neutral thing I could find. Oh and I've started buying diapers. We have been given a couple of baby blankets already. I'm just ready to find out the sex of the baby so we can start shopping for real and decorate the nursery :) 
  • Options
    Hi all!  I am new here :)  EDD is 2/1/17 so I am just 5 weeks--I have my first ultrasound next week.  

QOTW: I haven't bought anything yet!  I still feel as if this isn't real and am a bit hesitant to get too excited.  Did anyone else feel this way?
  • Options

@joyzie77 Answering your question from last week: I will be with my RE until I am 12 weeks along as well!

QOTW: Over a year ago I bought some dragon iron-ons because they were clearance and TOO cute. I bought myself the sticky bellies for your monthly photos, and an iron-on that says "I love Pickles." Yesterday I started creating a registry.

So far no new symptoms this week, although I am super hungry a lot, and I get occasional nausea still. I'm looking forward to this supposed clearing up of acne... 

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    My mom was in town this weekend so she wanted to go crazy and I wouldn't let her. She did buy some clothes and things like that but I refused to let her buy a crib. I've had a few people offer a bunch of stuff to us which is pretty nice so I need to check some of it out. I like the idea of starting to buy diapers now though. It will help save with that cost down the line!

I'm 10 weeks today and my nausea seems to be really manageable when I at a lot of small things all day long. I also I think I am up every 2 or 3 hours an night to go to the bathroom. I could do without that for sure!
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Griffin5413 I have a feeling my MIL is going to be like that too! I'm going to have to set some very firm boundaries about exactly how many holiday outfits we need, etc. Lol.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I have had a rough few days. Some spotting and I ended up in the ER for the worlds longest ultrasound where I was not able to see except for the last minute. They did see the gestational sac and yolk sac at 5w3d but after the worlds longest ultrasound, I have had more major spotting than what convinced me to go to the ER AND I was SO SORE. It is not advisable to get an ultrasound from an ultrasound tech that doesn't do them everyday. My doc thinks everything is fine as it has mostly been dark brown but I am still waiting for my ultrasound with her next week to see the heartbeat. My betas have continued to double (although I haven't heard back from the one today yet).

With all that being said... QOTW: I haven't purchased anything and I am still holding my breath. Although I did recently lay out all of the baby clothes that I have purchased over the years... it is adding up to a wardrobe!

***TW****MC mentioned & BFP mentioned***

me 38 DH 39.  
    TTC#1 since July 2014
    AMH 0.1, DOR, Poor responder
    Moved to Prague, Czech Republic for IVF
    2 Natural IVF cycles, 3 full IVF cycles, 4 transfers, 1 BFP - heard heartbeat at 6w5d
    Diagnosed MMC at 9w1d on 11/30/15
    Headed back home to Colorado 12/12/15

DE attempt in Czech Republic!! 

March trip to Prague canceled due to Pancreatitis. :sob:
    Headed to Prague April 30
    3 different donors resulted in 1 PGS tested embryo and 1 fresh embryo
    2 embryo's transferred (from 2 different donors) on 5/10/16
    BFP on 5/15/16 at 5dp5dt
    Beta 1 = 81 at 8dp5dt, Beta 2 = 295 at 10dp5dt, Beta 3 = 891 at 12dt5dt. Beta 4 = 2114 at 14dp5dt, Beta 5 = 4916 at 16dp5dt, Beta 6 = 13252 at 19dp5dt
    Heartbeat at 6w5d 133BPM <3
    We are having a GIRL!!! Due Jan 26, 2017

BabyFruit Ticker

My blog: www.wearethehammitts.blogspot.com

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I had a blood draw yesterday (20dpt) and apparently they are not checking my HCG anymore because it can plateau and fluctuate once you get to a certain point, so it's not a reliable method of pregnancy health anymore. I'm disappointed because I was so hoping to get another number for my chart. After so many blood draws and appointments, it's weird that I'm not going back until June 10th now. Getting regular blood draws has almost become a security blanket for me!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    LynnNJLynnNJ member
    According to the online calculator,  my EDD is 1/28/17. I will need to have a c section because of the myomectomy I had last year. 

Qotw: I will not be buying anything just yet, but I'm doing research online and walked to the baby aisle of a couple of stores. I'm also glancing at maternity clothes,  but will probably not buy anything for another few weeks. Though I'm pretty bloated so I may need sometime comfortable pants to wear for the next few weeks at work.  

My biggest symptom I've had for over a week is that I'm burping a lot after I eat (just minor indigestion. ) The last couple evenings I felt kind of yucky and a little nauseous.  I purposely ate lighter tonight and so far I feel a little better.  I also nauseous on and off during the day, but okay most time. According to the bump app, I'm at about 5 1/2 weeks.
  • Options
    @LynnNJ I am prone to acid reflux but really haven't had heartburn so far *knock on wood*. But today my stomach is SO sour. I feel like every time I eat today, I'm taking a gamble. Definitely going to have to start  Tums at work!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DH & I started our "babies r us" registry at the store today. We did the best we could without knowing the gender yet. We'll go back once we know to finish up the loose ends. I'm headed to the 2nd tri board tomorrow, but I'll be stalking this thread too :wink: Hope you're all feeling well. 

@vssbrm when you start the new thread you can delete myself and the ones above me on the initial thread. Ty :smile: 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16