October 2016 Moms

Petty Problem Saturday (and some of Sunday because I'm a moron again)! 6/4/16

Tell us what's getting under your skin today, guys! Did they not have your favorite donut during National Donut Day?
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Petty Problem Saturday (and some of Sunday because I'm a moron again)! 6/4/16

• We went to a food truck festival here in NJ. It was Philly vs. NJ. Long lines, it poured, I'm pregnant, soaked, eating my Philly friends and Ben and Jerry's ice cream and I want to go home, get in PJs and read a book until today I warm up. 

Sorry, that was a horrible run-on sentence. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • That sounds terrible @michi1382. Hope you get to snuggle up soon! 
  • Loading the player...
  • wait @michi1382 it rained up there? it was gorgeous at the shore

my petty problem is that my foot is asleep 
  • I made the most amazing breakfast burrito this morning. All I thought about all day was making another one. So I made one for dinner but I'm still hungry..... but I'm all out of tortillas. 

I also spent the better part of two days binge watching Young & Hungry and I finished it too fast. There's no more episodes yet. 

:'(  :'(:'(

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• I threw up after dinner for the first time in about 10 weeks, and discovered that a legit bump is really inconvenient/uncomfortable for vomiting
  • I'm super hungry but toddler had a meltdown and needed to go to bed so here I lay with him in bed while my dinner (eggs and potatoes) gets cold :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I washed my husband's khaki pants with a blue tie-dye shirt that I thought would be okay because it's been washed before and I had color catcher sheets, but it got them. I caught it before the dryer, but a second regular wash did not work, a wash with oxy clean did not work, and a wash with bleach did not work. Hoping this dye-remover packet works but if not I have one more brand of dye-remover to try before I give up.

Oh, and he will only wear these specific khakis that have been discontinued, so I can only find his pants when they come up once in a long time on eBay.

• ashleymn-2ashleymn-2 member
    edited June 2016
    Having to wake up in the middle of the night because either my left or right hip hurts from laying on it or my arm is dead asleep...
    edit: I'd like to add to that list having to pee in the middle of the night, constantly.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • In my brain it's not petty right now cause I'm actually really upset about it.
    But a week ago my lovely father in law offered to spray our lawn for weeds and dandelions for us. He thought since my hubby was working long hours and I shouldn't be handling the chemicals he would do it for us. Well I don't know what the F happened but our front lawn is flipping dead now. :( I absolutely love having a nice yard and cutting the grass is like wine for me these days. My poor FIL feels terrible, it's only the front lawn and the back yard is fine, we used the same exact stuff, so I honestly have no idea what it happened to one lawn and not the other. 
    We might have to re sod our front lawn now and it will probably cost is $2000 cause it's huge. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My petty problem /wtf is my man likes to frequently go out drinking until 3am " before the baby comes" " getting it out of his system while he still can" while I toss and turn in the bed contemplating purchasing a firearm to have as protection. I hate being alone at night- every noise when I'm alone sounds like a threat. Ugh
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I had a family BBQ at my place, and as much as my mom and aunt came up early to help me, I still over did it and was in so much pain last night I had to get up to take a Tyenol to help relieve some of the aches.  It helped a bit but not as much as I would have liked, and now today I'm off to a potluck, at least I just have to show up.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My petty problem is it's raining and I really want to go to Art in the Park, but I don't want to get wet. 
  • My petty problem is I started painting the nursery and the grey/taupe color I picked for the walls looks PURPLE. So now I have to return it to Home Depot and I really don't want to

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• My sister in law is throwing my shower in August. i am a picky eater, yes, but I started dating DH in 2007 and yet she still has no idea what I eat. It's not that hard to tell her my favorites, but come on. You've been around me enough to know the basics. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • my father in law just woke me out of a nap looking for my dh and the rent. my idiot dh knows he comes Sunday and went to get a haircut. awesome. 
  • @ibabyloveb87 maybe ask your husband to just handle whatever questions she has that he can answer? As long as he knows what you can/can't eat haha...I always think it's interesting when baby showers are loaded with cold cuts, soft cheeses, and alcohol  :|
  • @ibabyloveb87 maybe ask your husband to just handle whatever questions she has that he can answer? As long as he knows what you can/can't eat haha...I always think it's interesting when baby showers are loaded with cold cuts, soft cheeses, and alcohol

ahhh stuck in the box! It's not even like it was more than a 5 minute conversation with her. Hence why it's a petty problem. My best friend is helping her out so I'm hoping anything else was resolved when they had lunch today. 

I did tell them to feel free to have alcohol because I'm literally the only pregnant woman at the shower. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • My petty problem is that I have a big problem with a family member and WTF Wednesday is sooo far away so I can't complain about it to strangers. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • Since you were all on the edge of your seats, the pants were not fixed. The blue spots are faint and he may decide to wear them anyway, or I may dye them gray or or a darker brown to cover up.

I have a new problem, though: there is a slug trail on my curtain! I have no idea how a slug got into my house, much less why it would crawl all around on the curtain in my room, but I can't think of what else would make this =(

• krzyriver said:
    My petty problem is I started painting the nursery and the grey/taupe color I picked for the walls looks PURPLE. So now I have to return it to Home Depot and I really don't want to
    Lowes has paint samples you can buy. It's only a couple of bucks for a small tub of a color so you can make sure it's the right shade. Good luck... I know gray is a tough color to get right 
  • the gray problem is giving me anxiety now bc I have to paint soon :( 
  • I'm sick AGAIN and I just want to feel human and breathe normally again... 

We're doing gray paint too, and now I'm nervous to apply the sample we bought yesterday. 
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    edited June 2016
    mrszoess said:
    the gray problem is giving me anxiety now bc I have to paint soon :( 
    If you have a Sherwin Williams near you, I recommend going there to purchase a paint swatch pack. They have 2 packs that have gray in them (back when I bought them) and I think they cost me $15 total. Worth every penny. We were able to pick the perfect color gray on the first try because with all those swatches in order and easy to compare, you're able to see any undertones so you can avoid issues like krzyriver ran into. Also, you don't have to get SW paint to get the color you choose. Most big box stores have their paint colors in their system or can match the color if you bring in the swatches. 
  • thanks @bnsmith85 I have never ever painted so I'm clueless! 
  • bnsmith85 said:
    krzyriver said:
    My petty problem is I started painting the nursery and the grey/taupe color I picked for the walls looks PURPLE. So now I have to return it to Home Depot and I really don't want to
    Lowes has paint samples you can buy. It's only a couple of bucks for a small tub of a color so you can make sure it's the right shade. Good luck... I know gray is a tough color to get right 
    Yeah, I never worry about it cause I've never had something come out a total different color. Lighter or darker I'm always prepared for but this threw me. But I'll be sure to do this from now on, thanks!

@mrszoess @ashleyp625 Sorry! Don't stress ladies! It looks pretty actually. Lol. I went ahead and painted it and we'll see how the final product looks when dry. It's my own fault I guess. I always held the paint chip up next to blues and blue-greys and it looked taupe next to them. But after I started painting, I grabbed the paint chip and it's definitely a purple-grey. I should've got a sample and tested it like @bnsmith85 said. Live and learn!

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• Sometimes it looks way different once it's dry too though, so I hope it ends up closer to what you wanted when it's dry like you said @krzyriver!
  • LauraPCOSLauraPCOS member
    edited June 2016
    I'm trying to BBQ a hamburger for dinner and of course 30 seconds after getting it on does it start pouring, so I grabbed an umbrella.  Ya it is not only the smallest umbrella I've ever seen, but it's broken!! I got equally wet without it, but I want my hamburger!!

update - ya didn't the rain stop as I was starting to eat my burnt burgers since I refused to stay outside to watch them.  *shakes fist*. Positive note - I don't have to water the garden tonight.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• It's really hard to get things done around here when my husband doesn't have the same prorates as me. I have a long to do list or things we both agree need to be done, but if I don't do it then it doesn't get finished. 
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • No sexy time for me either... the hubs fell asleep while I was brushing my teeth. Super annoyed (and super horny!).