October 2016 Moms

Weekly Randoms (30 May)

Re: Weekly Randoms (30 May)

• Awe, you poor dear! @Kaessi ::hugs:: I hope your day gets better!
  • So I was lurking in Novemver to check the drama and unless the bump ap is acting crazy someone is using my picture.  WTF?!?  Why me of all people. It's a pic of me and my son so it makes me more afraid.   I don't even post that much but crazy that someone would take a pic of me and my kid. I don't even know who to report this to and how to stop it. My app acts crazy sometimes  so I'm hoping that's what it is 
  • Loading the player...
  • So I was lurking in Novemver to check the drama and unless the bump ap is acting crazy someone is using my picture.  WTF?!?  Why me of all people. It's a pic of me and my son so it makes me more afraid.   I don't even post that much but crazy that someone would take a pic of me and my kid. I don't even know who to report this to and how to stop it. My app acts crazy sometimes  so I'm hoping that's what it is 
    it's the bump app, more than likely. That's happened to me before and when I jumped on a computer to address the issue, it wasn't that way anymore. I'll see if I can find that person and let you know if I see the same on my laptop :)
  • I think my app might have went crazy for a minute because I looked up the user and don't see my pic anymore lol.  
  • I think my app might have went crazy for a minute because I looked up the user and don't see my pic anymore lol.  
    yea... i just looked and it looks like her pic is of a cute puppy :)
  • @MKJeffrey2002 - I think it's your app being cray. Here's what her profile page looks like...

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • @CopperBoom86 and @bnsmith85 thanks girls!!  I was freaking out for a minute.  My app is so glitchy I should have known lol. 
  • KaessiKaessi member
    Aww thanks @AllyTheKid - I appreciate that! Trying to make it through the rest of the work day without a meltdown!
  • guys bath and body works is having a soap sale. 7 for 24. maybe I bought 14 soaps. because you have to wash your hands to touch my baby...
  • @bnsmith85 LOL I feel the same way. I "loved" that post actually because it's hilarious haha
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @LGW2015 I got a good chuckle out of it too lol 

Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • That picture-switching thing happens so much in my app (not sure about the website bc I never use it)! When I first started lurking it had me convinced this BMB was completely full of shady catfish haha
  • I went to my daycare to pay his deposit today. I used to work there, so I know many of the teachers. One of them saw me and asked before she touched my belly. I was so impressed that she asked first! 
  • I was so angry today I wanted to throw DS. He's in a hitting phase, and combine that with his speech delay and it's awful. He gets so frustrated that he can't communicate that he just starts slapping the shit out of my face when I'm holding him. It's so damn embarrassing! It's even harder because I truly don't know what he wants so I can't acknowledge it. Argh!

• @TurtleMomma ... sorry that you and your son are going through this. Some form of what @books&icecream said sounds like it could be really helpful! I hope that works and I hope today is better than yesterday :)
  • @kmolleltz I can't believe there is a Feb '17 board! Wow
  • I just posted this on the weekly apt thread, but not sure if anyone reads that, so I'm also sharing here. Had my monthly appt today. I'm so confused on my due date. When we got pregnant, I did all of these online calculator things that gave me an EDD of 10/16. At my first doc appt, they said 10/17. I figured they were wrong (with the leap year and all), but today she confirmed 10/17. She said they calculated due date by taking the first day of your last period, subtracting 3 months, then adding 7 days. Weird.

Also, on my AS, baby was measuring about 4 days ahead and she threw out the term "scheduled induction." Eeek. I do NOT want that, but we'll see how big that baby is I guess.

• @JamieK1882 I don't do math (aka I hate math), so their formula just sounds too complicated for me to want to work through, but an EDD is just that - estimated. I usually just tell people I'm due early to mid-October with an EDD of 10/10. Baby will come when baby wants to come. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @JamieK1882 that sounds superrrrr weird. At our A/S baby was measuring a week and a day ahead but the tech said it was within normal range, so that was that. Especially because it's still early it doesn't really have a bearing on how big te baby will be in another 21 weeks or so. It seems really strange that the tech would mention inducing based on a 4 day difference and at 20ish weeks! Sounds bizarre to me, plus I would think that is something a doctor would discuss with you if necessary, not a tech. I would mention it to your dr to see what they say.

I've also never heard of that calculation for due date, I think it's usually 280 days from LMP. But either way 1 day doesn't mean anything. Unless you were temping and know exactly when you ovulated, your due date is just a guess anyway because it presumes you O'd on CD14 which most people don't. Even with me temping and knowing my due date is 10/5, the dr set it as 10/6 based on the dating scan. Doesn't mean anything in the end!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @JamieK1882 - I wouldn't worry too much about one day since it's not like it forces the baby to arrive that day :) My MD mistyped my EDD in their system (told me 10/17 but entered it in their system as 10/16). I hardly talk to my MD about my EDD so I just leave it as is and consider my EDD what I know it to be :)
  • @JamieK1882 My doctor told me that they base due dates on your first ultrasound (because all fetus' grow at different speeds, but they tend to all be the same size at the beginning of pregnancy), and they won't change it unless something very dramatic happens.  

My doctor offered to induce at 39 weeks this pregnancy just so I could get an epidural if I wanted it (I have to be on blood thinners when I'm pregnant, so I wasn't able to get an epidural with my first), but I just told him I think baby will come when he's ready so I'd rather not induce and he was totally fine with it.  Unless there's a medical reason to induce, I think your doctor will be fine with you saying "no thanks."  She's probably just letting you know your options.
  • @LGW2015 yes that discussion about induction was with the doctor today, not a tech. She was reading my u/s report from 2 weeks ago. I actually ended up being induced with my first (3 days before my due date) due to high blood pressure. Near the end I had constant ringing in my ears from it and was so miserable, so I was happy they did it. As long as I don't have that to contend with this time, I would prefer NOT to be induced. Just thought it was interesting. Plus I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding 8 days before my due date so yea....

Also, yeah the 1 day EDD difference doesn't matter, it's just my OCD bugging me lol.

• With me, my due date was easy as it was a transfer of a frozen embryo.. No guess work whatsoever.  That date has superseded the early ultrasound estimated date.  I've been consistently measuring three days ahead for months now with no change in EDD. Maybe in the 3rd tri my EDD will be moved up. I have a gut feeling that I will be having a very late Sept. baby, although I'm a FTM, so what do I know.
  • rebeccuhrebeccuh member
    edited June 2016

I just posted this on the weekly apt thread, but not sure if anyone reads that, so I'm also sharing here. Had my monthly appt today. I'm so confused on my due date. When we got pregnant, I did all of these online calculator things that gave me an EDD of 10/16. At my first doc appt, they said 10/17. I figured they were wrong (with the leap year and all), but today she confirmed 10/17. She said they calculated due date by taking the first day of your last period, subtracting 3 months, then adding 7 days. Weird.

Also, on my AS, baby was measuring about 4 days ahead and she threw out the term "scheduled induction." Eeek. I do NOT want that, but we'll see how big that baby is I guess.

My office originally wrote my first day of LMP wrong, and now I have to correct them every time because without fail they say "So your LMP was X? That doesn't fit with your due date...?" No shit, Sherlock. Because it wasn't X. Based on the online calculators, I got Oct. 17. Based on their mistake, I got the 15th. Based on ultrasounds I get the 18th. They aren't wildly different days or anything, but for crying out loud, use some Wite-Out on that first date so we don't have to do this every time I'm in a doctor's office. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• TurtleMommaTurtleMomma member
    edited June 2016
    @books&icecream 

We're working with an occupational therapist and speech therapist through the local children's hospital (have been for over a year, now that I think about it). It's only been within the last few weeks that things have escalated as badly as they have. I took a course on communication with speech/developmentally delayed kids last summer. I'm definitely tapping into those techniques in the moment but he reaches a point beyond reasoning. Usually I can figure out what he wants but lately it's just been insane. The best the SLP and I can figure is that his throughts are substantially more complex than he can express so it's leading to frustration which leads to hitting. When he does it (if I'm holding him) I immediately set him down, get eye to eye with him and remind him we don't hit, hitting hurts mommy, etc and I hold his hands/arms for a minute then resume what we were doing. 

• Damn you work and responsibilities, I missed the board war! Obviously I'm not cut out to be an O16 Elitist ;) 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • what do aw and mud mean? 
  • mrszoess said:
    what do aw and mud mean? 
    attention whore and made up drama
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • I'm officially playing "cramps, gas pains or contraction?" It's too early for this game, chill out body.

• thanks @coffee89 and it's none of those, it's baby moving ;) 
  • FI just bought me doughnuts and sausage rolls before leaving for work ♡ Random and awesome!
  • @mrszoess I'm guessing stretching cramps/BH. It kept up for a while and was pretty rhythmic for a while. This morning I'm just achey.

• ugh boo@coffee89 feel better and take it easy :( 
  • @JamieK1882 maybe they have that fancy formula but what are the chances it would be just a day off as would miscalculating bc of leap year? When anyone asks when I'm due I just tell them the end of September (I'll be induced at 39 weeks) anyway, but knowing the date is actually wrong is annoying and makes me hesitate when I'm asked specifically the EDD like it comes up at appts...I feel like explaining well, the doctor I first saw said 10/3 but that's wrong so it's 10/2 haha
  • I'm getting a pedicure after three months and it's a madhouse.  Seeing six girls about the age of four getting pedicures is cute,  but so much squealing... Lol. Im glad in this moment to be having a boy.  
  • My twatwaffle coworker reached out and touched me again today. I'm ready to cut that bitch up. 

• @TurtleMomma ... You just made my evening hilarious. I got the side eye from DH when I couldn't get my laughter under control for a moment there bahahahaha