July 2016 Moms

Friday Ticker Change 6/3

I'm a total D-Bag for complaining we had no Friday Ticker Change thread awhile back and then forgetting to post in it when it does happen. So I'll start us off this week:

How many weeks are you? How big is that baby?
36 weeks - Papaya or Honeydew Melon (should be interesting for stretching exercises, but less violent than a fist, I suppose)

Doing anything baby related this week?
My stepmother is coming to stay from out of town. She's specifically coming to deep clean the house with me in preparation for baby. She is a goddess among women and I can't wait to put my feet up Sunday night in a spotless house!

Rants/raves/symptoms?
I want to know how a fetus smuggled a crowbar into my uterus without me knowing. It feels like she's trying to pry open my cervix. The swelling and the pelvic stiffness/pain is getting old. BUT I'm one week away from a technically full term baby so I can last one more week before I start doing jumping jacks to push this baby out.

Anything you really haven't done yet that you should've done by now?
Send out the thank you cards from the baby shower. The only thing I'm being lazy about is getting stamps/stopping by the post office. I have them all written and addressed. I'm the worst.

Re: Friday Ticker Change 6/3

• @LadyFleck you might want to check if they have stamps in your local grocery store. At Kroger by me they have stamps at every cash register. Also CVS/Walgreens sell stamps too. You may never have set foot in the post office if you don't want to!!
  • How many weeks are you? How big is that baby?
    32 weeks - Squash, large jicama (which I have never heard of, but apparently is a thing), coconut. 

Nothing planned. Oh wait, we have our 3D/4D ultrasound tomorrow... again. Had to reschedule because baby was stubborn! 

Rants/raves/symptoms?
    Crowding the lungs is so not okay. Going up the steps at work kills me, and I can't move very far after eating, haha. My boobs hurt. Feeling good though. Appetite has ramped up and I'm trying to surround myself with healthy rather than junk food.

Thank you cards is a good one. I have a few books I would like to finish, and I need to get better about making time for myself and hypnobabies.
  • Loading the player...
    35 weeks - Bunch of carrots or a pineapple

Not really. I have my growth scan next week to check on her progress. Excited to see how big she is!

Rants/raves/symptoms?
    Not feeling work anymore (like everyone else). Every time I stand up from a prolonged sitting or laying down position, it feels like my vagina bone is bruised, as if I got kicked in the crotch. On top of that, lots of pelvic pressure when I'm walking so feels like she has settled down into my pelvis. At least ultrasound next week will confirm or not.

Haven't had a baby shower yet since none of my family live close by and no one took the initiative to host one. Fortunately, someone at work (who I think felt bad for me) is throwing me one in two weeks. 

Me: 31  DH:35
    Started TTC in June 2014
    Started seeing RE in June 2015
    HSG in July 2015 = normal, started Clomid/Ovidrel/IUI cycle in August 2015
    Cycle #3 in October afforded 1st month of mature follicles - underwent IUI
    BFP on 10/27/15 - EDD 7/8/16
    DD#1 born on 7/1/16

TTC #2 in September 2018
    BFP on 12/2/18 - EDD 8/16/19
    Team Green!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    34 Weeks - Butternut squash, savoy cabbage, a basketball hoop

Baby shower tomorrow hosted by my MIL, so excited to see all of DH family. Also, DH and I are taking our newborn care class on Monday!

Rants/raves/symptoms?
    Swollen feet and ankles, they are grotesque looking. I also cannot breathe after a flight of stairs. Other then that feeling good.

Where do I begin: haven't setup the nursery or ordered furniture (due to the fact we have not moved into our condo yet, still in temporary housing), haven't attended a birthing class yet, and have to write out those thank you cards for my last shower (I did buy them though, that's a step right?). 
    34 Weeks today - At Wednesday's appointment, I'm measuring at 38 weeks.

Continuing to work on our nursery, which is our previous bedroom. We've done some home renovations and it's taking forever, LO's nursery currently has a lot of DH's tools laying about! We did go shopping for a rug for the nursery, and found a great one we love!

Rants/raves/symptoms?
    After my pre-term labor scare last week, my last day of work was yesterday. Feeling a bit down on myself because I worked to 40 weeks no problem with DD, this pregnancy has been so different.

I'm not so stressed about getting the crib and changing table set up in the nursery (although DH is) - all I want is the Pack and Play set up in our bedroom where LO will sleep at first. Especially with my scare last week and how big LO is measuring, I would like to have put that together by now. Maybe that will happen this weekend.