4.5 months
14% 13 votes
4 months
18% 16 votes
Earlier than 4 months
0% 0 votes

Re: Poll: When did you start solids?

• Options
    Just wondering when everyone here started solids with their babes. My guy is just five months old now and I'm waiting another two weeks then getting him started (as per my pedi suggestion of 5.5 months) but boy is he ready for food! Basically trying to grab off out plates and can put his own spoon in his mouth like he's eating. 

That being said I find it absolutely amazing that he's gained over 11 pounds on breast milk alone! A woman's body is a magical thing. (Please no EBF shame--a formula feeding momma is just as magical a woman and a fed baby is all that matters!)
  • Options
    We started allowing her a bit of fruit around 4.5 months, as dessert after breast.  She will be 6 months next week, so now we're giving her about 1/2 cup of fruits or veg over the course of the day if she's interested.  Our pedi said we were OK to start at 4 months, but since staying with solely milk/formula to 6 months is widely recommended we took a middle route. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    taysuntaysun member
    DD is 10 days shy of 6 months old and we're starting solids today. She's showing all the signs of being ready. 
  • Options
    Going to start at exactly 6 months
  • Options
    DD is 5 months 1 week. We gave her a taste of avocado a few days ago. She got maybe a tablespoon and it mostly got on her. We'll try banana in a couple days. We won't seriously start until she's 6 months. Right now it's just a few tastes for fun. We aren't in a hurry and we'll skip cereal.
  • Options
    grkgdss00grkgdss00 member
    edited May 2016
    Started around 4.5 months but nothing consistent, just exploring a few times per week with different flavors and oatmeal. It's not replacing any BF meals. I plan to offer once a day consistently at 5.5-6 months.
  • Options
    We haven't quite yet, but will at the end of the month. I want to wait until six months, but he's super interested. He even stares at me when I take a drink of water
  • Options
    We started with Avacado today at 23 weeks she seemed to enjoy it. However most of it got on her than in her lol