October 2016 Moms

Symptoms Thread 5/30

Re: Symptoms Thread 5/30

• blaf322blaf322 member
    @LMNOBaby .....The look of those things brings me back to the last time I put on my Spanx.... if anyone has squeezed on a pair of Spanx, you know it's not pretty. I can't imagine doing that pregnant. Are those not super constricting on the bump?
  • Started with a sore throat and congestion last night and into today... Horrible headache and feeling awful. I haven't left my bed all day. Hoping the meds my DH brought home for me do the trick. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• Loading the player...
  • edited May 2016
    As for the chub rub I just wear a pair of spandex biker shorts and roll the band so it doesn't hold my stomach in. They work like a charm. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Married 11-11-11
    TTC only since Dec 2015. I had some weight to get off. Been working hard in the gym for over a year.
    BFP 02-15-16 with our first
    IT'S A BOY!!! 

• @bnsmith85 I have DEFINITELY squeezed into Spanx and these aren't anything like it...  they're almost like nylon material, like not even as thick as tights.  Super stretchy and not constricting on the bump. Plus, I got a size larger than I normally wear, so it's extra roomy.  Kind of feels like I have a stretchy tank top on over the bump, just coming up from the other direction. :) Not sure how it's going to hold up as the bump grows...but figured I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.
  • As for the chub rub I just wear a pair of spandex biker shorts and roll the band so it doesn't hold my stomach in. They work like a charm. 
    I  second this! They prevent chaffing and are breathable. 
    DS#1 born 05 October 2016
    DS#2  due 25 April 2019
  • For chub rub I put some unscented deodorant on my inner thighs and it works perfectly and lasts the whole day. I think the brand is Sure. They also make glide sticks that runners use for the same purpose. 
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • For chub rub I put some unscented deodorant on my inner thighs and it works perfectly and lasts the whole day. I think the brand is Sure. They also make glide sticks that runners use for the same purpose. 
    I think Vagisil also makes a powder "gel" for this purpose.

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• I second the deodorant thighs :) 
  • My legs fall sleep and go numb when I'm sitting down, it is miserable when I have to drive for a while. 
    Ugh, annoying! Mine fall asleep when I stand for too long and he gets comfy over my nerve. I have to push him off. Really attractive while teaching....
  • There is also a BandAid Friction Block stick you can use - however, it's not that big, so deodorant or the anti-chafing cream might work better.

• I've been using Monistat's Chaffing Cream for chub rub for years and I swear by it... lol, in the summertime I carry in in my purse so I'm always comfortable! It is heavenly. 

I'm getting some return of nausea and fatigue, which is annoying. Also along with the horrible ass pain at night, now my vagina hurts. It's usually when I get up after lying down and I hear it's pretty common but it SUCKS! 
    Me: 31 | DH: 43
    BFP #1: 7/15/15, SB: 11/14/15
    Rainbow baby DS born 9/29/16!!
    BFP #3 3/26/18 | Due 12/3/18
  • @Julia70286 I actually made an appt to see MFM (they wanted me to go to them instead of their regular OBs) last month for vag pain and they told me just to try ice packs since it wasn't something like an infection or anything they could really treat....not sure if yours is the swelling kind of pain (I was told due to increased circulation) or something else like nerve pain? It sounds weird but def worked after a few days!
  • bnsmith85 said:
    When I first wake up in the morning the bottoms of my feet are super sore, like I've been standing on them all day. It gets better as the day goes on and I walk on them a little more, but they are crazy tender in the morning. Not to the touch, just the pressure of standing. Any ideas? 
    That's happening to me, but I thought it was because of the bad mattress+hip pain combination.
  • My nose decided to bleed a little today. And I'm wearing a mostly white shirt. I'm hoping it doesn't get worse. 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • KaessiKaessi member
    bnsmith85 said:
    Kaessi said:
    I woke up yesterday morning with a rash all over my stomach/torso area. Just small raised bumps that kind of itch, but not severely. I've called my doctor but haven't heard back yet. Anyone else experience this?
    hopefully not PUPPS... I read that it usually starts later in pregnancy but can start any time. Or, as a PP said, it could just be a sensitivity to someone new... maybe hives. Keep an eye out to see if it's spreading to other places on your body as you scratch and then touch other areas. I hope it goes away soon!
    The doctor said there is a possibility it could be PUPPS, but its kind of early for that. She said that they've actually had 4-5 women call this week about this same issue which she said is very strange. She wants me to come in for a TORCH panel this afternoon to test for a few specific infectious diseases such as toxoplasmosis and rubella. This makes me a bit nervous! I appreciate that she's being cautious though. This is actually the second time this rash has appeared...the first was about 6 weeks ago and was accompanied by fever and a sore throat. At the time my PCP thought it was mono but that turned out not to be the case, so was pretty much diagnosed with an unknown virus. No fever or anything of that sort this time though. Trying not to worry!
  • the gas!
    no matter what I eat I can feel it bubbling around in my tummy. And my burps are outrageous. 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • OMG what I would do for a normal poo. 
  • Oh man... I hope everything's okay! Keep us posted @Kaessi
  • Ugh, I am also dealing with the annoyance of my thighs suddenly rubbing together when I walk, which isn't good because I plan on living in dresses this summer.  Seriously body? There's no baby in my thighs!  Is it possible this will go away if I work out more, or am I just stuck with this until I lose the baby weight?
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• MRSCORKER said:
    For chub rub I put some unscented deodorant on my inner thighs and it works perfectly and lasts the whole day. I think the brand is Sure. They also make glide sticks that runners use for the same purpose. 
    I think Vagisil also makes a powder "gel" for this purpose.
    Summers Eve makes a powder spray that I keep in my purse at all times. Great for boob sweat too. 

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• I was really good about not overeating yesterday. But DH made pepperoni pizza for dinner (I had 2 slices) and then I spent the entire night with acid reflux, throwing up in my mouth.  :s
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • The insomnia... Oh mai gawd the insomnia...
  • random spells of vomiting. Yeah. I thought this was first tri shit. 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • All of a sudden I'm snoring like a bear. Someone yesterday told me my nose is getting fatter (thanks.) so I'm sure the snoring is due to the swelling of nasal passages and congestion. I know it can also be a side effect of the GD and possible sign of preeclampsia so I'll be sure to talk to my Dr about it, but man... I keep waking myself up! Between that and peeing six times a night...
  • @Julia70286 Apparently I have started snoring as well. FI told me about how he had planned on initiating some sexy time after he went to the bathroom and got a drink of water the other night, but by the time he returned I was out AND snoring. And how I slept through the alarm clocks yesterday and was snoring. I have also been waking up with a sore throat every morning that goes away, so maybe those two things are related?
  • @AllyTheKid lol Yeah I woke myself up the other night and my husband was still awake. I looked at him like, "was THAT ME? Was I snoring so loudly I woke myself up?!" and he just patted my head and and chuckled. My throat is usually a little sore too. It's typically just from the dryness and mouth breathing/snoring, the area gets agitated. 
  • Welcome back nausea... I didn't miss you a damn bit 
  • @bnsmith85 me too :( luckily it's not nearly as bad as first tri for me, and only comes in short random waves usually in the morning but still. What the heck.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Pregnancy brain is real for me this week. I feel like none of my thoughts make sense and I can't get my point across very eloquently at all. UGHHHHHHH
  • @Pupatella yes, yes and yes!! They are always sticking out, I swear they've gotten longer! And while my entire chest was sore in the beginning, now it's just the nipples, always sore...and then sorer after I scratch them because they itch. Don't even get me started on taking a shower... I can't face the water stream at all - it's like I'm beating them!
  • @kmolleltz

That may not be gas, that may be baby moving! I swore I had awful gas pain for days  with DS so I took a bunch of Gas-X and I kept feeling it so I realized it was baby moving around in there.  ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @kmolleltz

That may not be gas, that may be baby moving! I swore I had awful gas pain for days  with DS so I took a bunch of Gas-X and I kept feeling it so I realized it was baby moving around in there.  ;)
    generally it comes with either passing gas or belching though, and it's quite high up. But it is also being compounded by baby movements that I'm starting to feel more regularly too! 
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
  • All of a sudden I have to pee urgently every half our or less and I feel like I will explode if I can't go right away, this baby is kicking hard enough where it is down right uncomfortable at times now, I can feel my organs smushed and pulsating in my upper abdomen and it's weird AF, and it seems like I have transitioned incredibly early into 3rd tri discomfort =/ It makes me shudder to think I still have a whole 17+ weeks left... somebody is definitely going to be a miserable land whale this summer.
  • Ugh the nasal drainage which makes me swallow air which gives me lots of gas. I don't mind gas if it comes out, but laying in bed feeling like I need to burp and not burping makes me sad. 

Also something I did yesterday (probably hoeing) irritated my back, so now I'm playing the invisible corset game (pretend I can't bend or twist from below the boobs to the top of the hips) and hoping that it rests up and gets better and I don't have to spend the second half of my pregnancy walking with a cane like I did the last time my back threw itself out. Especially since I can't take the good pain meds!

• Anyone else have swollen hands? My rings always get a bit tighter when I'm dehydrated or when it starts getting hot outside, but I've had to stop wearing my engagement ring and just my wedding band, and even then, sometimes I have to use lotion to get it on. I'm going to get them resized slightly larger since they've been slightly tight since adding the wedding band 4 years ago, but I don't think they'll fit all the time after.
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • @CopperBoom86 ... I do that in my regular non-pregnant life. I'm seriously worried about the onset of pregnancy brain. I'll probably just be mute