March 2016 Moms
Options

Post partum period

Has anyone had their first period yet? I have been on mine for 3 weeks now and it's not going to let up soon. (Sorry tmi) but it's so heavy. I was wondering if anyone else bled this long?? I'm not breast feeding and I've started the yaz birth control pills. Before baby my period was really light and only 1 day long so this is so miserable for me. 

Re: Post partum period

• Options
    I literally just got mine today. I breastfed for 2 weeks and my LO is 7 and a half weeks. I'll keep an eye on it and get back to you in a week with an update (sorry it's not immediate help) but I also took my first birth control pill today since being off it before I got pregnant.
  • Options
    Im 11 weeks pp and breasfeeding. I had my first one just over a week ago. It was light and lasted 4-5 days
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I haven't gotten mine yet, but I'm only 6 weeks pp now and finished the pp bleeding not that long ago. However what you describe sounds similar to what happend to me when I was on the pill. I would just bleed and bleed with no end in sight and had to stop using the pill. My body reacted to the hormones. I switched pills and was fine for some time until I just started to bleed and bleed again. After that I've avoided bc with hormones in them. Talk with your doctor and see what s/he says. Hope you'll figure why you bleed like this and can stop it soon. Good luck
  • Options
    I got mine at 7 weeks pp. It was only about 10 days after my pp bleeding stopped. I am breastfeeding, so I was pretty surprised.
  • Options
    I am 10 weeks pp and have yet to get mine.
  • Options
    eivaskaeivaska member
    I got mine about 8 weeks after delivery. It was very light and lasted about 3 days. Weeks and weeks of heavy bleeding at this point sounds abnormal to me. I would call your doctor. 

• Options
    I would get it checked too
  • Options
    I'm 10 weeks pp and I have been spotting since Saturday. 
  • Options
    Just checking in. I got mine 7 weeks pp and I'm still on mine. It's weird though, there's been like 2 or 3 days where it basically stops but it's back the next morning. 
  • Options
    I got mine 10 weeks pp, one month after I stopped breastfeeding.  It lasted six days . It was so heavy!  I hope this isn't going to be like this every time
  • Options
    I got mine around 6 weeks pp.. It was the heaviest I've ever had and lasted about 8 days. I used tampons because I was soaking through pads, but even then I needed both a pad and a tampon. My obgyn said that heavier and longer than your used to is normal for the first one but that I should contact them if I was soaking through more than 2-3 an hour. I was still breastfeeding but mostly pumping/supplementing with formula. Now I've stop breastfeeding and started my normal bc pills and my period was back to normal, just like before baby. My doctor also told me the first few, especially after stopping breastfeeding can be abnormal and it can take a while before your hormone levels return to what the were pre-baby. It was a little scary for me, so I hope this helps ease your mind a little! I would just speak with your doctor to make sure all is okay :)