April 2016 Moms
Options

Where does baby sleep?

This is mostly for those of you who have decent sleepers....

Where does your baby sleep? Crib? RnP, etc?

And in what room? Is it the same for day and night?

At 7 weeks, I'm really struggling with naps, so any feedback is welcome

Re: Where does baby sleep?

• Options
    LO is 7 weeks and a pretty decent sleeper (goes to bed around 10/10:30 and awake twice at night to eat).  She sleeps in the RnP in her room.  In the early days we had her in the bassinet in our room, but she didn't like sleeping on her back and then we had her in the RnP in our room and that was a disaster because we heard every noise she made during the night.  Finally moved her to the nursery, which is close to our room and that seems to work out well.  

We don't have her on a routine nap schedule yet so she just sleeps wherever she is when she is tired.  We move the RnP around the house with us and she usually sleeps in that during the day.  

Overall RnP for the win over here!
  • Options
    Roo's a pretty decent sleeper. He sleeps in his crib at night and it's usually for the full night. He's slept there since we brought him home and he's 7 weeks. All of his naps he takes in our room because that's where me and him spend the day.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We have a pack and play in our room that he sleeps in at night. During the day he naps in his rocker or the crib in the nursery. I try to alternate to make sure he can fall asleep anywhere and isn't too picky. I do plan to keep him in our room for a long time though, because I'm a paranoid psycho and I like him close to me. I check that he's breathing like 50 times a night. 
  • Options
    MrsZkoMrsZko member
    Ollie sleeps in the bassinet  (Moses) next to our bed at night. He sleeps from 9-4 or so then another 3-4 hour stretch. Naps are typically in the pnp on the main floor but we've started naps in his crib. Naps range between 1-2 hours and he is always swaddled. He is one of those babies that likes sleeping on his back though. 
  • Options
    mrsmtothekmrsmtothek member
    edited May 2016
    We had LO in the bassinet in our room up until 7 weeks, now he sleeps in his travel crib in our room. I don't want to move him to the nursery until he sleeps through the night, although he's doing pretty well right now averaging at 6-6 1/2 hours a night. During the day for naps he'll use the RnP or another swing we have for him and in the morning/mid-afternoon can pretty much conk out anywhere. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    wildtotwildtot member
    During the day LO sleeps in the living room either on someone, mamaroo, or boppy. At night he'll sleep in a travel bassinet that is inside the crib. We have a 1 bedroom so he sleeps next to me. Once he's about 6 months we get a new apartment so that's when he'll get his own room. He will occasionally become very fussy early morning that he can only sleep if he's with me. LO likes to be reclined rather than flat and he makes less weird noises that way. He's eating everything 3-4 hours right now and he fights his sleep during the day. At night I have to feed him in bed and only take him out to burp (and change if necessary). Otherwise he wakes up completely. 
  • Options
    Ours sleeps in a RnP at night and during the day he either naps on me, on the Boppy Newborn Lounger or in his crib 
  • Options
    During the day LO naps in his crib, in the Moby wrap or in a stroller. At night he sleeps in his crib and his average stretch is 3 hours. We have a Cocoonababy in the crib which is the only way we managed to get him to sleep in the crib for more than half an hour. The Cocoonababy is supposed to mimic what it's like in the womb. I think I will take away the Cocoonababy this week and start to crib train. I think the longer I wait the harder it will be to transition. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks for all the responses!
  • Options
    A crib in his own room at night. He'll sleep for 7 hours ( he'll be 8 weeks tomorrow). He takes naps wherever he can...rnp,on my bed, on the couch, on the floor, on my chest. Wherever is convinient.
  • Options
    At night, DS sleeps in the bassinet of a pack n' play in our room. He is a pretty good sleeper at night - currently going to bed at 8-ish, dreamfeed at 10, and waking up once around 2 or 3 before sleeping until 6:30 or 7. He's not the best daytime sleeper, but he usually sleeps in his crib in his room for naps. He is 6 weeks. 
  • Options
    4wks and sleeps swaddled in the RnP in our room day and night (mainly because of his reflux and choking). He takes a 3 hr nap and a few 1-2hr naps, and sleeps 7/8pm-6am with 2 motn feeds. It takes him a while sometimes to settle down for naps, but swaddle+sound machine+my pinky finger to suck=eventual success.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD sleeps in the RnP next to my bed at night, she sleeps around 10-4 then up again at 7. During the day she sleeps wherever, the car seat, stroller, being worn, PnP, etc. I'm out & about with DS so she doesn't have a designated sleep spot during the day. 
  • Options
    AT night in bassinet in our room.

daytime could be anywhere. 

(1 month and a decent sleeper.)
  • Options
    mumidimumidi member
    DS sleeps in his crib in his room at night.  He sleeps one 4-5 hour chunk, then a 3-4 hour chunk.  He's a terrible napper.  Some days he takes one or two nice naps in his RNP, other days he needs to be held.  He won't nap in his crib.  DD was the same so I'm not stressing about it.  We finally started naps for her in her crib around 6 months, once she was on a better nap schedule.
  • Options
    In bed right next to me. Tummy to tummy on our sides. He sleeps about 4-5 hours at a time. Wakes up to eat and goes right back to sleep.
  • Options
    kdrn913kdrn913 member
    Our 7 week old sleeps in her crib at night , anywhere from 5-9 hours ( she's a great sleeper). During the day I have been trying to get her to nap in her crib but she needs to be rocked to sleep and every time I try and lay her down her little eyes pop open. She naps great in her car seat or the moby or the swing so maybe I need to just let her nap where she wants?!
  • Options
    DD has slept in her crib at night since the day we brought her home. Thankfully, she is an awesome sleeper. We can put her to bed wide awake and she never cries. She typically sleeps anywhere from 5-8 hours at first, then 2-3 after that. During the day, she naps in the RnP or carseat/stroller if we are out doing things. I want to start her on daytime crib naps, but she seems to detest being in the crib during the day, even though she loves it at night.
  • Options
    G is 6 weeks and he sleeps swaddled in the crib at night. During the day he naps in the RnP or I'm wearing him in the sling. He doesn't seem to nap in his crib during the day.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    @kelseydsutton @sarahufl  I am so jealous of your good sleepers. Do you think you just got lucky or did you do something to make it happen? 

My DD literally cannot stay asleep during the daytime for more than 15-30 minutes at a time no matter what I do. She almost always falls asleep on her own, but wakes right back up. I'm so discouraged.
  • Options
    @kelseydsutton @sarahufl  I am so jealous of your good sleepers. Do you think you just got lucky or did you do something to make it happen? 

My DD literally cannot stay asleep during the daytime for more than 15-30 minutes at a time no matter what I do. She almost always falls asleep on her own, but wakes right back up. I'm so discouraged.
    @runningwild - nope, no training or anything. She has been awesome since we brought her home. 
  • Options
    runningwildrunningwild member
    edited May 2016
    sarahufl said:

@runningwild - nope, no training or anything. She has been awesome since we brought her home. 
    @sarahufl - count your blessings :)
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

@sarahufl - count your blessings :)
    I do. Every single day.
  • Options
    @runningwild I think we just got lucky too ! we do have the same bedtime routine every night but not sure that has anything to do with it. Have been trying to put her to bed awake so that she learns to fall asleep on her own. Sometimes that backfires and she ends up crying and getting rocked to sleep. 
  • Options
    LO sleeps swaddled in his bassinet in our room at night. Sometimes we put him in the RnP if he is super fussy, but we've been using it less and less. When he was younger, he could nap pretty much anywhere, but now the only way he will nap longer than half an hour is on his tummy on our couch (supervised). He can sleep for hours this way. He is 9 weeks old.