Babies: 6 - 9 Months

Diaper rash

My little guy has had a terrible diaper rash and nothing seems to be helping. What do all use for stubborn diaper rashes?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Diaper rash

• Do you use cloth or disposable diapers? Are you giving any new foods? Sometimes it can be food related.

I use Boudreaux butt paste.
  • When my LO had a bad diaper rash, I laid a diaper on my stomach and then laid my LO on the diaper. But I didn't close in around his butt. So his butt was able to dry out but I was covered if he peed on me. It helped a ton! But LO was 2 months long and more likely to stay still.

And Butt Paste

• Loading the player...
  • We use disposable diapers and the butt paste usually works awesome, but not this time :( no new foods.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • When my son had really bad diaper rash I gave him an oatmeal bath and then used the Honest Company healing cream. It cleared up in a couple days and it was BAD.

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Try to change the diaper brand and avoid using wipes that contain alcohol or fragrance, check whether it helps. I use coconut oil for my DD's diaper rash. It works. 
  • We had a bad diaper rash that wouldn't go away and finally took him to ped. Found out it was a yeast rash and we needed treated for thrush. They had us use wet paper towels instead of wipes and we used lotramin on the rash. If it stays stubborn and won't go away you might check if it is yeast. Good luck!
  • Agree with @Pumpkin91407. Whenever my kiddos have a diaper rash that won't go away, I do a couple of baking soda baths and use lotrimin. That usually clears it right up! Good luck!
  • Triple Paste!! Literally clears up in 24 hours!

• There is an ointment called Resinol that is worth its weight in gold. It's over the counter but you have to get it from the pharmacy. Also make sure your LO is changed often because it only takes 20 minutes for it to start breaking down the skin.
  • MrsL32MrsL32 member
    Our dermatologist recommended fougera brand (I had to order it from amazon)...it was AMAZING.  I will never use anything else again!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When my babe has a bad rash I let him air out on a blanket or bed pad for about 30 minutes twice a day. I have also found that plain old vasaline or aquaphore work better than any other diaper cream.
  • kde4kde4 member
    We use Sensicare, which is what they used in the NICU. It has worked really well for us so far.

www.theydontfeedthemselves.com

My favorite activities and tips for surviving different phases with our twins!

• taysuntaysun member
    Sometimes white creams can aggravate diaper rash. We use Vaseline. 
  • My son had a bad diaper rash and it turned out he was allergic to the wipes we were using, even the sensitive ones.  His pediatrician had us make a mixture of half lotrimin and half hydrocortosone cream.  Then we would put Aquaphore on top of that.  Triple paste, Bordoux's butt past, and desitin have never worked for him.
  • My son had a bad diaper rash and it turned out he was allergic to the wipes we were using, even the sensitive ones.  His pediatrician had us make a mixture of half lotrimin and half hydrocortosone cream.  Then we would put Aquaphore on top of that.  Triple paste, Bordoux's butt past, and desitin have never worked for him.
    Sounds like you were treating a yeast diaper rash, so those creams you mention at the end wouldn't be effective against that. 
  • I've put lanolin on diaper rash.