December 2016 Moms

Stupid Questions Sunday! 5.29

Bring your dumb, your google-able, your obvious, your weird. No question left behind!
Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: Stupid Questions Sunday! 5.29

• I feel like I've felt the baby jump a couple times already. That's impossible at 11 weeks, right? That's just gas, right? but it feels like baby...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • I've been feeling weird little phantom kicks too, up by my ribs!...  I'm going to go with gas. 
  • Loading the player...
  • sheshaesheshae member
    Same! I figured it was gas too. Idk what it will be like when it really happens. It'll probably scare the crap out of me.
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• FitTrisFitTris member

@slartybartfast i'm 11 weeks too and I said the same thing to my neighbor yesterday! It's totally not the same as gas (what i'm feeling) it's only when I'm sitting quietly and it's just a little jump or two.  I felt my 2nd at 13ish weeks.  
  • After reading about how tiny that little baby is in there, I think I've decided it's my guts or muscle fibers or something jumping out of the way...
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • sheshaesheshae member
    What about weight gain? I'm considered overweight for my height so I know I'm not suppose to gain too much the first trimester but I haven't gained anything. Anyone else?
     Me (28), H (30)
    Together Since 04/21/2009; Married Since 05/29/2013

Baby Boy born 11/30/16  <3

Baby #2 Due December 4

• JulieSmilesJulieSmiles member
    edited May 2016
    sheshae said:
    What about weight gain? I'm considered overweight for my height so I know I'm not suppose to gain too much the first trimester but I haven't gained anything. Anyone else?
    @sheshae I'm also overweight and I have lost weight. Last time, I didn't gain weight until around 20 weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• TollerToller member
    edited May 2016
    We did a frozen embryo transfer for these babies and. I just wish they *actually* knew when the placenta took over so I could feel good about stopping progesterone shots!!! My docs says 8 weeks and they go to 10 weeks "to be safe" and its my call in the end how long to take shots (thanks doc). online it says the placenta takes over anywhere from 7 to 13 weeks....

Any other FET ladies put there? When have you/do you plan on stopping PIO? DD was from a fresh cycle so there were no shots involved. .... but I think I did suppositories til 12 weeks.....3 years ago so I don't remember!!

(Edited for typos)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Toller02 - I did 5-day FET and they had me do progesterone suppositories up to 12 weeks and estrogen patches up to 10 weeks. I asked my nurse to be really specific about dates so I knew exactly when to stop.
    EQD born 12/15!

• @Toller02 We did a fresh transfer and I was on PIO until 12 weeks. It was miserable. My RE says he takes patients off between 12 and 14 weeks to be safe.

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • @sheshae I'm in the opposite boat. Healthy weight pre-pregnancy, but I've already gained almost ten pounds. :unamused: I guess I'm so wigged out by everyone saying that you aren't allowed to diet, that when I overdo it on one day, I feel like I'm not allowed to have an extra-light day the next day, like I usually do. Plus, my whole lack of MS/aversions thing isn't really helping the problem. (This really isn't a brag on that. I'm actually freaked out because of how well I've felt this entire pregnancy.)
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Does anyone else still have real deal beast pain?  At 12 weeks I thought it would be over by now (at least until much later in the PG).  I was also hopeful I would stop running out of breath going up the stairs, but that hasn't let up yet either.  What gives?

Pregnancy Ticker     

• DiFazette said:
    Does anyone else still have real deal beast pain?  At 12 weeks I thought it would be over by now (at least until much later in the PG).  I was also hopeful I would stop running out of breath going up the stairs, but that hasn't let up yet either.  What gives?
    I still have both of these. Wake up in the middle of the night when I turn over because my boobs feel like they're detaching from my chest. Tried a sleep bra, but meh. They still hurt.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • DiFazette said:
    Does anyone else still have real deal beast pain?  At 12 weeks I thought it would be over by now (at least until much later in the PG).  I was also hopeful I would stop running out of breath going up the stairs, but that hasn't let up yet either.  What gives?
    I still have both of these. Wake up in the middle of the night when I turn over because my boobs feel like they're detaching from my chest. Tried a sleep bra, but meh. They still hurt.
    I was really confused about beast pain! Can I claim pregnancy brain?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• @sheshae I'm in the opposite boat. Healthy weight pre-pregnancy, but I've already gained almost ten pounds. :unamused: I guess I'm so wigged out by everyone saying that you aren't allowed to diet, that when I overdo it on one day, I feel like I'm not allowed to have an extra-light day the next day, like I usually do. Plus, my whole lack of MS/aversions thing isn't really helping the problem. (This really isn't a brag on that. I'm actually freaked out because of how well I've felt this entire pregnancy.)
    I hear you about people saying you aren't allowed to diet - my husband is one of them! He will say "I don't think you're eating enough" here and there which kind of feels good, but then I feel like I maybe shouldn't have a few days of eating light after a seemingly 10 pound gain type of weekend.  Pre-pregnancy I used the app Lose It! and it really helped me keep track of what was going into my body (not just calories, but fat and fiber etc--yay pooping).  I'm tempted to use it again (you can input that you're pregnant) so it helps me keep an idea of how much I am really eating. Plus, it averages over a week, so you can steal from another day.  An extra 300 or so calories a day isn't that much, but super hard to gauge! This is one blessing to having a lack of MS :)

Married: 6/6/14
    DS: 12/20/16
    EDD: 11/29/18
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • DiFazette said:
    I was really confused about beast pain! Can I claim pregnancy brain?
    Only if I can claim it for my sweet typo, too!

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Don't you know @dmontgo that you're supposed to be scarfing down pickles and ice cream 24/7?
  • Not really a stupid question, but kinda silly. Any if your SO's having sympathy symptoms? My DH IS having sympathy cravings. It's so funny! He'll randomly blurt out he wants ice cream. Today he came home with a Caribbean Way from Smoothie King and admitted he was craving one. I was too! He had 2/3 of it and I had the rest of it. Squish was not satisfied and demands more. 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Okay I have a stupid question that came up last night. My husband was really upset with me for mowing the lawn...said I shouldn't be doing that, that I'm going to hurt the babies. I didn't do it when it was really hot, I waited until it was actually starting to get darker. I took breaks, drank water, didn't get out of breath (I think, if I did I stopped for a minute), and I didn't strain myself really. I will admit that the grass had gotten pretty tall and out of control...which is why I mowed it! It was driving me crazy! And poor DH has been working 60 hour weeks, so I didn't want to bug him. Should I not have mowed the lawn? I'm 12 weeks...not like I'm about to go into labor....
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brittnic86 most low to moderate impact exercise is encouraged. Now if you were not used to using that much effort/work as it took to mow the lawn, then I wouldn't do it again, but you should be fine.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @Kate08Young Well 1st trimester has really wiped me out, so I haven't been as active. But before I was pregnant I went to the gym at least a couple times a week, mowed the lawn, and would go on huge cleaning sprees that left me more wiped out than I felt last night.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @brittnic86 then you should be fine. If there is anything that worries you, you can always call the doc.

Formerly known as Kate08young
    August '18 Siggy April Showers:

Me: 28 H: 24
    Married: 7/22/14
    Baby L: 8/4/2015  August 2015 Moms
    Baby E: 11/18/2016   December 2016 Moms
    TTC #3 08/2017  BFP 11/27/2017. 
    Twin B lost 11/22/2017, Twin A doing well. 

• @phoenix870509 My husband has also been having cravings! Last time I was pregnant he even threw up one day when my MS was really over the top. 

• I mow the lawn every week...during DD nap time which lines up with hottest part of the Arizona day. Stay hydrated and take breaks if needed, but I don't see it being a problem. I got a high five from my DR when I mentioned it. 

Now taking out the trash and DD diapers....that's totally DHs job!
    DD1 5/23/14, DD2 12/5/16   Baby #3 on the way!

• cgss11cgss11 member
    Silly FTM question - is a medium rare steak okay? 

I don't know why I'm even giving this a second thought, but it keeps popping up in my head. We have been planning to go to this very nice local steakhouse for our anniversary all year, but I don't want to waste my amazing steak chance if it has to be over cooked lol. 

• cgss11 said:
    Silly FTM question - is a medium rare steak okay? 

I don't know why I'm even giving this a second thought, but it keeps popping up in my head. We have been planning to go to this very nice local steakhouse for our anniversary all year, but I don't want to waste my amazing steak chance if it has to be over cooked lol. 

Medium rare steak is one of those things you're not supposed to eat due to risk of bacteria not being killed, but many will still eat it from a reputable place.
  • You guys I had a coffee today (one small iced coffee) and I felt super jittery after like my heart was racing (I had previously quit coffee although had had it a few times before this).  I actually took my HR and blood pressure and both were ok (HR a little higher than usual but not abnormal).  Someone please put on your uterus goggles and tell me I didn't harm my baby.
  • sourlemonsourlemon member
    edited June 2016
    My doctor the other day said I can have up to 4 caffiene items a day...I have migraines and obviously my usual go to is a no go. He said Tylenol and a regular coke or tea with a sugary snack (he said snickers work well lol). Which made me ask about caffeine because I was limiting myself to one coffee in the morning and he said up to 4 is ok as long as my blood pressure doesn't increase like my last pregnancy  (pre e). 

Made me feel better about my 1 cup...but really relieved stress about the occasional afternoon soda or Starbucks run. 

My last Dr said ZERO so I always felt like a rule breaker with my 1 cup and never had more than that. I like my current doc way better.

ETA: I'm not a doctor...talk to your doctor if you are concerned about caffeine. Your experience may vary. 

• @sourlemon - that's super confusing advice! items can range SO broadly in caffeine it just doesn't seem like a logical way to quantify
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • That's what I thought too. I generally look up caffeine contents of things before diving in. Coke and tea really have a pretty low caffeine content compared to 4 super duper coffees. 

• Thanks all.  I know it's technically below the amount considered safe but all I can think is if I feel physically this terrible after drinking coffee, how does my poor tiny baby feel?   :'(
  • I'd like to imagine in my mind out babies don't feel as crappy as we do. A bunch of tired cranky nauseous babies would be worse than anything. In my mind they are in their happy little bubbles. It's probably somewhere between but no bursting my bubble!

• Thanks all.  I know it's technically below the amount considered safe but all I can think is if I feel physically this terrible after drinking coffee, how does my poor tiny baby feel?   :'(
    That's sort of always in my head too. I'm also super sensitive to caffeine and alcohol. I totally abstain from alcohol while pregnant but I've had a bit of caffeine many days (in hopes that it may break through some morning sickness... alas... it doesn't). Anyways - all signs point toward baby is TOTALLY fine but I just wanted to let you know I have the same thought process as that so I get how you feel.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Due December 16
  • Thanks @slartybartfast - I'm learning that I'm a pretty anxious person when it comes to pregnancy - I'm not one of those people who can eat all the soft cheese and drink caffeine and eat sandwich meat without worrying.  I definitely won't be drinking alcohol because I will for sure worry too much.  The satisfaction of doing all there things is lost on me due to the worry.
  • beff12beff12 member
    sourlemon said:
    I'd like to imagine in my mind out babies don't feel as crappy as we do. A bunch of tired cranky nauseous babies would be worse than anything. In my mind they are in their happy little bubbles. It's probably somewhere between but no bursting my bubble!
    I think part of the reason we feel like crap is because our babies are living it up in there, taking all of our nutrients and good things away! I'm thinking life is pretty good in there. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Any mamas out there wear contacts? I used to wear mine every day, but since I work from home now I usually only wear contacts when I have to go out or on weekends. I read your eyes change during pregnancy and might affect contact wearing. Anyone experience this?
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker