Pregnant after IF

Randoms Week of May 30

Have any thoughts, questions, feelings, fears, etc.? Spill them here!

This is a good place to ask questions to a broader audience than the weekly check-ins, so ladies in other trimesters with experience may chime in and help you out! 
Married to DH 10/6/12
TTC since 5/14
Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
Clomid 50 mg 3/15 (unmonitored) - BFN
Clomid 50 mg + metformin 4/15 (unmonitored) - BFN 
First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
6/15 HSG - clear tubes & normal uterus; great PCT test results
TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
BC for 2 weeks due to cysts
TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

Beta #1 @ 16dpo (11/30/15) = 1,075
Beta #2 @ 19dpo (12/3/15) = 3,150
One baby: Saw heartbeat @ 5w5d (114 bpm; baby measuring 2.3mm)

"Great Things are Happening"

Re: Randoms Week of May 30

• Has anyone else experienced that lower abdomen (almost groin) cramp? My RE said it's normal, part of your tendons stretching, and it happens sometimes after stretching, sneezing, or laying a certain way. Just wondering how often/how long it happens.

---Trigger warning---

Me: 31 DH: 27
    TTC since April 2013
    Two cancelled IUIs in Aug and Sept '15 due to low motility/count
    IVF round 1: January 2016
    ER: February 17, 2016; 9 retrieved, 7 mature, 7 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 5 BB, 1 AB, all normal from PGS
    FET date: May 11, '16; transferred 1 AB embryo
    First beta: May 23, '16: 998!!  Second: May 25, '16: 1648
    EDD: January 27, 2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I definitely have, and it started for me pretty early on too. I believe it is round ligament pain, though I've heard that doesn't happen until late second trimester. Being in the beginning of my third trimester, however, I can say that that I've had less RLP the last few weeks/months than in the first trimester and, when I've had it, it's felt the same. I actually got it a few times during my 2wws whIle in treatments thought I didn't know what it was at the time. Early on, it happened a lot when I stretched or if I sneezed or coughed while lying down. In my 2nd trimester, it seemed to happen more when I got out of my car too quickly or stood up from sitting on the ground too quickly. I think it was the twisting motion that triggered it later on. Now, when I stretch while laying down (especially at night), I get Charlie Horses, which are oh so fun!
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14
    Unexplained with (controlled) hypothyroidism and suspected ovulatory dysfunction (but, I do ovulate on my own)
    First RE appt. 5/15; Natural cycle 5/15 monitored with 2 mature follicles and Pregnyl Trigger (full dose) + prometrium - BFN
    TI - 100 mg Clomid + prometrium (AM & PM) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 6-7/15 (monitored) --> no additional response and thinned lining - BFN
    TI - Injectables (follistim + Gonal-F, Ganirelix, & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 9/15 --> 3-7 mature follicles (3 definites and 4+ that could have matured due to trigger) @ O -->BFN + 5 large cysts
    TI - Injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & full dose Pregnyl) + prometrium (AM & PM) 10/15 --> 1 mature follicle --> BFN 
    TI - Last attempt at injectables (Gonal-F, Ganirelix & 1/2 dose Pregnyl) + crinone (AM only) + vaginal estrace (AM & PM) 11/15 --> 3-4 mature follicles --> BFP!! 11/27/15 @ 13dpo (shockingly, actually waited until then to test)

• Loading the player...
  • @dragonfaerie I don't have cramping that often but sneezing does cause it sometimes 
    Anyone else have really bad heartburn acid reflux? It just started last two days taking tums. Also I posted on the other randoms about the harmony test anyone doing it?

• @riveridgional Glad I'm not the only one, and yes, Round Ligament pain, that's it! I couldn't remember the name so I'm glad you said it. :) I have definitely noticed I'm more sensitive to stretches I used to do all the time. It's like "hello, I'm 5 weeks along, stop that!" Lol.

@ultratomato I'm so scared to sneeze now! Hehe.  I do have a bit of heartburn today, but I'm prone to it anyway so it's hard to know what's really causing it. I hope the Tums are helping! I always swore by Pepto but that's a no-no now.   What is the harmony test?

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie it's a blood test they can do at 10 weeks at your obgyn to check for Down syndrome and sex 
  • @ultratomato Ahhh, okay! I'll have to see if that's something my RE will suggest. I won't be graduating to an OB until I am 12 weeks.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • tvh1982tvh1982 member
    I too have RLP had a little in the beginning like 5-6 weeks. @dragonfaerie Got a long break and started again this weekend at 16weeks. 
    I hardly dare to sneeze and hold my belly when I do so, I have it after I go for a walk, and if someone makes me laugh not a tiny laugh, but a proper one.

I won't do a test like that @ultratomato, I never heard of it been done here. So never looked into it.
    Im also not sure if I want to know if my child has Down syndrome as I'm too afraid to have to choose what to do.

How do you ladies deal with stress? I've decided 80% that I'll move back to The Netherlands from Norway. Applied for a severance pay as they need to deduct employees and just got the offer they way I wanted it. A whole year after 49 weeks of maternity leave. So financially I'm covered for two years. Yet I'm freaking out and notice I sleep horrible, have more cramps than usual, and can't get my mind to relax.
    Of course those may just be pregnancy related, but I've heard stress hormones are no good, which makes me stress more.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• @tvh1982 Thank you for the input, I'm so glad I'm not the only one, hehe.

I definitely do a lot of deep breathing and meditating. I will meditate at home when I am relaxed until I get to a really peaceful place, and then I can call up that feeling when I need to relax. I use Celtic knotwork (either tracing or coloring) as an anti-anxiety as well. If I'm having a really stressful time, I'll put my head down on my arms so it's dark and do my breathing. I'm sorry to hear that things have been so stressful for you. I hope that you can find some peace with your decision. Hugs!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • vssbrmvssbrm member
    @dragonfaerie I have had that type of cramping, it started a little over a week ago (around 6wks). I had had a tiny bit of bleeding prior to it so I panicked and called the nurses. They said it is totally normal. 
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • @vssbrm I'll bet that was scary! All over my pregnancy packet it said "cramping is scary, but normal." "slight bleeding is scary, but normal." My favorite though was "you're going to have to pee a lot, there's nothing you can do about it." Lol.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ultratomato I'd probably ask your doctor the chances of false positives from the harmony test versus the nuchal translucency test. Also, does it test for anything in addition to downs or with greater accuracy? I'd also ask yourself and your DH what the results would mean to you and the future of your pregnancy. You'd want to make sure you're both on the same page. 

I chose to do the NT screening even though I knew I wouldn't terminate because my cousin's child has down's syndrome, and I've seen all the additional work and care that goes into it. I wanted to be able to be prepared and line up money and proper therapists, schools etc. I also wanted time to cope and mentally prepare myself for the future. As long as the Harmony test didn't have a higher rate of false positives, I would probably go with the more sensitive or accurate test, especially if it was covered by insurance. 

I believe the NT screening also screens for trisomy and spina bifida. 

Good luck with your decision. 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• If I found out both my twins were Down syndrome it wouldn't have me change a thing. I really just want to know the sexes and can't wait. @riveridgional
  • I too have RLP it's worse when I sneeze. Thank God I don't sneeze often (knock on wood). Ahh the acid reflux is my new friend too. I'm not taking anything for it yet though. But I have bought a ton a ginger-ale for my nausea.
    @ultratomato hmm never heard of that test before but seems interesting. I'll ask my RE about it. Thanks for mentioning it.
    @tvh1982 like @dragonfaerie I do the deep breathing and meditation. Also I've found a few adult coloring books at the dollar store near me.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Does anyone know if you have twins or more if your considered high risk? I haven't met with my OB yet and my appointment is on 6/17. They said the appointment will take an hour. 
  • @ultratomato I think that twins are naturally considered more high risk, and your due date will be different than if you had a singleton, but I don't know if you will actually be bumped into a "high risk" category.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just had a big scare DH was giving me the PIO and I started to feel stinging when he put the needle in and then blood started to gush out everywhere apparently since I'm ichthy and bumpy he must of hit one of the spots. Needles to say had a panic attack and the sheets needed to be washed. I'm hoping the oil got in but at this point my butt is so sore ugh. I guess I need to control my scratching 
  • Two comments..   One is that high risk is determined by the practice  and my doctors practice includes all ivf patients as being high risk. They even said having icsi done is another high risk factor... Every obgyn practice will do something different. 

I had nipt testing done,  maternti21,  and the genetic counselor said that that was more comprehensive and was a better test than the nt blood work,  so I just did the Nt ultrasound. Most nipt tests do the three trisomy and other chromosomal issues. 
  • Thank you for the tips @dragonfaerie and @wishingforluck, they helped tons.

**********************************************************************************************************************************

• @tvh1982 I'm so glad! Hugs!

@Piperella Thank you for the info!

@ultratomato Yikes! I've had one bloody shot before. It happens, and I think that just one day of not getting all the PIO will be okay. I hope you are feeling better! I'm basically on a Benadryl/lotion regimen to keep from itching.

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @dragonfaerie so apparently it could of been a blood vessel or capillary. The nurse never told us to check the area before we inject and now we will be doing that. DH said it looked like a scene out of a horror movie 
  • @ultratomato Ouch! I vaguely remember us being told to draw the syringe out a little and check for blood first, but we don't usually do it. I think for a couple of days after our little "geyser" DH checked, but I really don't like to watch so I just trust him to be on top of it. Lol. I hope your sheets survive!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ultratomato  & @dragonfaerie - I just had that happen this morning. DH always draws out a little too. When he finished with the shot and pulled out the needle, blood went everywhere. I had to give him a little bit of a hard time about it...lol.. I told him I was feeling lightheaded b/c of all of the blood. He felt so bad and I just chuckled. 

Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Awwww, you're mean @Griffin5413 Lol!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Griffin5413 DH felt so bad he kept apologizing. I love though how u made your DH feel 
  • So I had a fever last night and I feel I still have it today as well as chills and sweats anyone else have these symptoms 
  • @ultratomato How high is your fever? If it's over 100, I would definitely take Tylenol to keep it down and call your RE/OB to ask if you need to do anything else or monitor for anything else. 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• @riveridgional actually was told to go to ER waiting here now to here my results from blood and urine 
  • @ultratomato haven't had a fever or chills but I'm glad you're in the ER FX everything is ok.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm glad you called. I hope they get your fever down ASAP. Please keep me updated! 
    Married to DH 10/6/12
    TTC since 5/14

• vssbrmvssbrm member
    @ultratomato I hope everything is ok!!! Thinking good thoughts for you.
    Married May 2009, TTC since November 2012 (Together since 2006 ish - had my eyes on him since 2001)
    Me: 32 (33 in May), Him: 37 (January)

DX: Me: High Prolactin, Possible Autoimmune Disease Issues, though RE not concerned (?)  New RE has a plan!!
           Him: Minor Varicocele, low morphology, slightly low count

History:

Beta 5/9/2016 BFP!!
    Embryo transfer scheduled for April 28, 2016 and beta test May 9, 2016 (day after Mother's Day!)
    Transfer Meds include: Lupron Depot (4/1), Minivelle Patch (every 3rd day), Estradiol (3x daily), Amoxicillin, Progesterone in Oil, Methylprednisonlone. Lovenox and baby asprin added after transfer. 

3/22/16 - Sono Saline ultrasound cyst to be aspirated on 4/1/16 if not cleared up by 3/29 US - It cleared on its own
    Retrieval 3/4/16 - 26 eggs retrieved, 23 mature, 20 fertilized, 14 embryos currently frozen
    Starting IVF Stims on +/- Feb 22, 2016
    HSG scheduled for 1-26-16 - All clear "beautiful uterus" (though inverted)

Switched clinics and now prepping for IVF in February / March

Fourth IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - December, 2015 - BFN
    Third IUI -  CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - November, 2015 - BFN
    Second IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - September, 2015 - BFN
    Started Prolactin Medication October 15 - Levels quickly regulated to with in normal range
    First IUI - CD3-7 100 Clomid w/ Ovidrel Trigger - August, 2015 - BFN
    After no BFPs (ever) First RE/Urologist visit in Feb 2015
    HSG w/ OB, 2014 = all clear
    Trying to conceive since November 2012
  • ultratomatoultratomato member
    edited June 2016
    So the ERsaid that I have white cells in urine and may have an acute uti. So I'm on. Mediation safe for babies and I will call my pcp on Tuesday to check the culture and see if I need to continue the meds. They also looked at my bruising on my butt from the other night and want to make sure it does not get infected. Still have headache hope this passes soon. Thanks for all your concerns ladies!
  • Glad to hear you are in good hands. And that they are keeping an eye on you.
    Take it easy @ultratomato

• @ultratomato So sorry you got sick! I hope that the meds do the trick! Hugs!

---Trigger warning---

TTC since April 2013
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • @ultratomato glad they were able to see what's wrong. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @ultratomato - I hope you are feeling better today! 
    Me: 33 (no known issues)
    DH: 33 (lower motility; 0 morphology)
    TTC since Oct 2013
    IVF round 1 January 2016 (w/ ICSI)
    ER: February 17, 2016; 15 eggs retrieved, 14 mature, 11 fertilized
    Day 5 Blastocysts: 8 sent for PGS - 5 Normal
    FET date: April 12, 2016 - DS born Dec 7, 2016
    IVF round 2: FET : Oct 4 - 1st Beta 188!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ladies feeling slightly better but head is still pounding no fever now. I threw up this morning and I'm not sure if it's the meds or morning sickness