October 2016 Moms

Tuesday Ticker Change 05.31.16

How many weeks? What size is baby? 

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? 

Upcoming appointments?

GTKY: What did you do after high school? Community college, 4 year, right to work, Peace Corps? If you could go back  in time, would you take the same path?
Pregnancy Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change 05.31.16

• CopperBoom86CopperBoom86 member
    edited May 2016
    How many weeks? What size is baby? 20 weeks! I'm so excited to be half baked! She's the size of a banana (6.5 in). 

Rants/Raves/Questions? My friend (the one who didn't want to eat hibachi for my birthday, for anyone who remembers that drama) had her baby on Sunday. He's super cute and totally healthy, so I was really thrilled for them. I asked her to give me all the gory details about labor and she said acted like she didn't want to... like, do you remember being in high school and your friend had history the period before you and there was a test that day and when she got out of class, you were waiting on her by the door to interrogate her about what was on the test and what wasn't??? Well, imagine that friend wouldn't tell you a damn thing. That's how it felt. So infuriating!!! Birthing our children is not a competition!

ETA a rave: We ordered a crib yesterday! Thanks to a lovely Memorial Day sale, it was $47 off regular price. Woot! 

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? Occasional RLP and constipation. Still no cravings or aversions 

Upcoming appointments? Counting down the days until my AS. 17 to go! 

GTKY: What did you do after high school? Community college, 4 year, right to work, Peace Corps? If you could go back  in time, would you take the same path? I went straight to a 4 year college and got burnt out after 3 years. If I could go back in time... well, I would be tempted to say I'd skip college altogether since I didn't finish my degree and I work in a completely different field than what I was pursuing at the time... Buuuuut I met DH in college, so I guess I'd take the same path and hopefully finish this time around. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • How many weeks? What size is baby? 
    20 weeks, baby is the size of a banana.

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Going to Martha's Vineyard this weekend for babymoon, pretty excited to be off work for a few days. 

Loving milkshakes!

Upcoming appointments?
    No appointments until June 13th.

GTKY: What did you do after high school? Community college, 4 year, right to work, Peace Corps? If you could go back  in time, would you take the same path?
    I went to a 4 year college but stopped after 3 years because I didn't know what u wanted to be when I grew up. I then went to dog trainer school in Texas, worked as a successful dog trainer for a few years before I decided to go back to school for nursing. I wouldn't change any of it because it's why I am where I am now and helped make me who I am. 
  • Loading the player...
  • zuzu87zuzu87 member
    How many weeks? What size is baby? 21 Weeks! the size of an Endive

Rants/Raves/Questions? Sooo Loving this beautiful weather we've been having these past few days. Consistently feeling baby girl move and kick, feels so nice and reassuring.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I'm suddenly always hungry, Still hating sweets and fried foods

Upcoming appointments? Follow up appointment this saturday. Should hopefully be finding out the results of my anatomy scan from last week.

GTKY: What did you do after high school? Community college, 4 year, right to work, Peace Corps? If you could go back  in time, would you take the same path? Took a break from school for 6 months, went to a 4 year community college and dropped out after 1 year. Looking back, i would've definitely finished college but would of took up a different major. Criminal Justice just wasn't doing it for me at that time. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

We are 21 weeks, size of an endive, according to my Bump app

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Had our anatomy scan last week, tech and doc both said everything looks great. Officially on Team Blue!

I’m a lucky girl in that I have been feeling great since I got into the 2nd Trimester. No nausea (although the super sensitive gag reflex is ever present), although I have had a bit of insomnia/restless sleep lately. I’m really hoping that goes away soon; insomnia runs in my family so I’m always conscious when I have sleeping troubles.

Upcoming appointments?

Our next checkup is June 23.

GTKY: What did you do after high school? Community college, 4 year, right to work, Peace Corps? If you could go back in time, would you take the same path?

I tried 4-year college. My mom worked there so my tuition was covered (my books and fees though were out of pocket, and those added up to about what I’d be paying to go to the community college), but I pissed it away. I didn’t know what I wanted to do, didn’t have a plan, and a lot of my friends that didn’t go away to school weren’t in school at all, so it was hard to me to be in class and study when they weren’t. I eventually kept getting suspended and finally got pregnant with DD at 21 (my birth control ran out and stupid us, FI and I kept at it even though I hadn’t gone to my doc to get my renewal; at that time I was on the patch.) I lived with him for a while until we finally split up when DD was a year old. I got together with DH 6 months later (I’d known him for almost 10 years prior to that) and the rest is history.

I should have taken a semester off, joined the workforce, and taken time to decide a path BEFORE I tried to go to school. Because I had no plan, I just floated and felt stupid going to class with no end game. I should have used the resources available to me at my school to help me find a path I was interested in, but alas, I sit here pushing 30 with no degree to my name. I do ok for myself in spite of it, though, and eventually I’d still like to get a degree, maybe in business or communications or something that can take me to a variety of places. I’m still going online to the community college (although I’m taking next semester off; can’t imagine trying to do school work with a newborn, online or not).

In a way I’m glad I went the way I did, though, because who knows if I would have ended up with DD? And I can’t imagine life without my little blonde ray of sunshine.

Countdown to Baby H!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mommy to Elizabeth (6/18/09), preemie at 34 weeks
    Wife to Dan (10/4/14), together since Dec 2010
    Anniversary 
    Working Mom
    BFP Feb 2016, Due Mid-October
    Team Blue!
  • How many weeks? What size is baby? 20 weeks this week! Baby will be the size of a pint of beer lol

Rants/Raves/Questions? I got a new anti-nausea medicine this week and I feel like a whole new human! I'm trying to take it sparingly because I am so nervous about taking the meds, but I feel like not getting any healthy nutrition to the baby is not good either, so I'm biting the bullet.

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions? I basically only eat bread, fruit and dairy. I haven't had real meat in months and I miss it but it makes me puke. As does any cooked vegetable, anything with too many herbs, most sauces (esp. buffalo and bbq) and anything that has a strong scent. I miss food. I keep saying I'm going to be the only pregnant lady to lose weight during the pregnancy and then gain a ton when the baby is born!

Upcoming appointments? I have a regular check up on June 7th with the final doctor in my practice who I haven't met yet. Then FINALLY the anatomy scan on June 12!!! I can't wait.

GTKY: What did you do after high school? Community college, 4 year, right to work, Peace Corps? If you could go back  in time, would you take the same path? I went straight to a 4 year state school and then right to a private graduate school after that. Every month, when I pay my grad school student loans I kick myself for selecting a private (expensive) grad school, even though it truly was a much better program than the other program at our state college. I don't regret going to undergrad at all. I worked through college and came out with a small amount of loans that are very manageable and I would definitely not be where I am in my career without school. I'm in the first generation of my family where college was even an option, so I'm immensely grateful for that opportunity and that my parents encouraged me to only apply to state schools that wouldn't saddle me with years of debt. That said, I have a lot of doubts about if my career path was the right one for me and if I should have gone a different route. Either way, I would 100% do college again and wouldn't trade that experience for the world. 

• How many weeks? What size is baby?
    22 weeks, and the size of a papaya, coconut, spaghetti squash, or a teddy bear.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    RLP is kicking my butt, and I officially can't get comfortable at bedtime. And it's all downhill from here... only 18 more weeks to go though!

Just that pesky RLP mainly as a symptom. And gas pains, I had forgotten just how painful that can be. Cravings- They vary dramatically all throughout the day, but I can't really blame pregnancy for that, I've pretty much always been that way. Though bratwurst is particularly appealing as of late. No aversions, bring me all the foods!

Upcoming Appointments?
    Just had my belated 20 week checkup this morning, heartbeat is strong, nice steady growth, all is well!

GTKY: What did you do after high school? Community college, 4 year, right to work, Peace Corps? If you could go back in time, would you take the same path?
    I started community college, then dropped out to let my boyfriend at the time go while I worked (stupid, stupid, stupid). I had already been working for 2 years so I just kept working. At 19 I landed an industrial job that I kept for 5 years, decided it's not the career path I wanted for myself my whole life despite the good pay, and started back at school. If and only if I could go back in time and be guaranteed to have my current beautiful amazing children exactly as they are later in the future, I would not at all take the same path I took. I would have stayed in school and finished my associates, NOT DATED ANYONE EVER, then joined the Air Force for the travel, experience, and educational resources. I would have done whatever career traveling that I could have done, because I have an insatiable wanderlust that I now have to suppress and it does depress me when I start to dwell on it. Quite literally the only things I wouldn't change are my kids, because they are just the most beautiful and perfect little creatures in existence, I would just save them for later when I was more experienced and established.
  • How many weeks? What size is baby?  22 weeks, size of a coconut (although that seems bigger to me than she feels)

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Bought my first "pink" item!  It's a cute MT onesie from montanashirtco.com.  Also bought a shirt for my DH and DS so we can do a family shoot when baby girl gets here! <3

Symptoms/Cravings/Aversions?  Still having bad leg pain at night.  Been wearing my compression hose, which helps.  I noticed walking my dog helps as well.  And he doesn't mind of course!

Upcoming appointments?  Not until June 21st - we'll do the glucose test, which I'm really worried about because I've been eating horribly!

GTKY: What did you do after high school? Community college, 4 year, right to work, Peace Corps? If you could go back  in time, would you take the same path?   I attended a 4 year college and got my BS in Mathematics with a Teaching Option and minored in Health Education.  At graduation time, it was really hard to find a teaching job in MT (unless I wanted to move to a small town, which I didn't).  I started working at a bank and I have worked at the same bank for 19 years!

I don't think I would change a thing - I loved college and the experience.  Even though I'm not using my degree, I love my job.  There are a lot of opportunities for growth and I have learned so much.

Pregnancy Ticker
    19 weeks. Mango

Rants/Raves/Questions? 

Still exhausted

Upcoming appointments?
    just had u/s and a doctor appointment today. 
    IT'S A GIRL

GTKY: What did you do after high school? Community college, 4 year, right to work, Peace Corps? If you could go back  in time, would you take the same  path?
    I went to college but skipped so much I failed first semester which I think my teachers were madder then me about since I had some of the highest grades just the lowest attendance so it was a auto fail. Then I married DH two years later. I would have gone to school and finished. All assuming I would still have my two boys since I did have my first a year after marriage and my second a year after that. Dh and I also would have never moved to pa with my family we would have toughed it out in my hometown. 
  • CaptainPhasmaCaptainPhasma member
    edited June 2016
    This week has been crazy (How is it already Wednesday?) So here's my day-late ticker update

How many weeks? 
    What size is baby? 
    19 wks: 6in, 0.5lbs
    Tomato, mango, zucchini, gameboy, hedgehog, softball

Rants/Raves/Questions? 
    Im a paramedic and I'm finally past the point at which I can wear my normal uniform pants so I'm wearing my uniform shirt untucked with maternity pants but you can't tell there is a bump under there so I just feel like a slob. Also the maternity pants are too big so I'm wearing suspenders underneath my shirt, my husband said I looked like a sexy mime.

Nothing too crazy, just leaking mucous out of my nose and ... other places.

Upcoming appointments?
    Anatomy scan next week so we may find out the gender! Though we plan to keep it private until the birth.

I went straight into a 4 year college, but it was a mistake. I didn't know what I wanted to study, then I lost my dad to cancer Freshmen year and felt totally lost. Now, 10 years later I know exactly what I want to do and I'm motivated to do it.

Edit: Blarg! The app keeps deleting half my posts!