Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

TWW Monday

2»

Re: TWW Monday

• Options
    Hi! I've been away from here for a couple months because I needed to stop obsessing, but lately I've been really missing having people to cheer for and commiserate with. Looks like there are lots of new faces here, and I'm looking forward to getting to know y'all!

Cycle: 8/7

CD/DPO: 26/12

Testing: Today, BFN

Timing: -5, -3, -2, -1, O, +1

R/R/CS: Pardon the TMI. I've had spotting on day 7, 9, 10, 11, and 12 (some days light, some days more). This is not normal for me -- I usually spot on day 12 and 13 and then AF comes the next day, though sometimes it drags out a couple more days. My temp dropped today too, but no AF, and it's not due for a couple days. I'm so worried that something is wrong with me... I had an OBGYN tell me long ago that I likely had endometriosis but never got the official diagnosis, and now I'm worried that I have in fact had it all along and that it could be contributing to it taking awhile to conceive. Will call the doc tomorrow. I *bawled* about it this morning and have been teary all day. It's so hard wanting something so badly, doing everything right to make it happen, and having it still not happen.

GTKY: Somewhere around a 5-6? I dunno. I streaked and skinny-dipped when I was younger and wore plenty of revealing clothes, but I dress modestly now that I'm in my 30s. I'm comfortable with my body but don't need the whole world to see it.
  • Options
    MelissaM090MelissaM090 member
    edited May 2016
    Judging by the love-tits on my post about adding a disclaimer about BFN's in the TWW, I'm going to assume that we can go ahead with that now. I was hoping not to be the person to start it tomorrow because I anticipated today to be CD1, but it's not, so I'll start the TWW early tomorrow and add it.

Anyone have any suggestions to the wording or is it okay as is?

'Reminder: If you have a BFP to report, congratulations! Regularly contributing members should post these in the Weekly Grad Thread. If you are a new member who has not been a regular participant of this board, no matter how long your journey, there is no need to update here, please move to your BMB'.

(I added the bold, maybe to clarify what 'new' means? That's it's more about the level of participation versus length of time?)
    Me: 32
    DH: 33
    Married: October 2015
    TTC #1: October 2015
    EDD #1: June/July 2017

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Scarlett830Scarlett830 member
    edited May 2016
    ***Lurking***

Just wanted to pop in to say I agree with @mrsdee15 that it seems like more GTKY threads might be a good idea. I was pretty active back in late 2014 (pre-mass exodus) and there appeared to be a lot more going on then to keep people talking to one another and participating besides the daily threads. I'm new in the sense that I'm recently back on TB, and try to participate where I can, but there doesn't always seem to be a lot of interaction going on, and that definitely makes it difficult (and probably more intimidating for some) to jump in and feel like a contributor.

ETA: over-abundant usage of the word "seem"
  • Options
    Genuine Question: What is considered a  "regular poster?" To me 5 posts would be a lot..? I've never been a part of a forum like this before and really don't understand all the little unspoken rules. Why can't someone post a BFP if they have one? I'm very much a newbie and being a part of this community seems very complex and intimidating. 
    Me: 23 DH:23
    Married: January 2013
    TTC#1 April 2016

• Options
    I have lurked for about two months now and read the newbie guidelines. Thank you for your reply though. I guess it just takes a long time to learn/memorize the rules. I just want to be happy for anyone who gets a bfp but I can understand why others would be upset about it. I work full time (as of right now) and am also a full time student so it just seems like it would be hard to write something 5 times a day. But I do appreciate this community and think it's great to have a place where people can feel comfortable talking about their ttc journey.  
    TTC#1 April 2016

• Options
    @Wannabeamilf
    Eh, not 5 posts a day.  I think @MelissaM090 assumed you meant 5 posts overall (which is a question we've gotten before).  There's not really a hard and fast "what's a contributing member?" rule and the opinion differs between all members of the board, which is why you're not going to get a straight answer on this.

It's suggested as a baseline to post on the semi-reg in the daily TWW and WTO threads (where applicable), as sort of a check-in or journal.    The GTKY often have pretty good talking points.  On top of that, read through others' posts there - if you see something you want to comment on, go ahead and use the quote button below their post and/or give them a direct callout (I've found the quote box doesn't notify the user in their dashboard).

Additionally, there's usually daily theme threads that we cycle through during the week - this is where you'll probably see the most conversation going on.

While there's definitely days that I'll be on the Bump nonstop, there's also times that I'm a ghost (like this weekend, thanks @linzrunz for grabbing the grad thread :smiley: ).  Same goes for all other members here.  It's the overall contributions and quality that make the biggest difference.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Me: 28 & Partner: 32 | Married 2014
    BFP 7/29 EDD 4/11
  • Options
    Thank you @TheJerilu <3 That comment was very helpful. I appreciate the tip about quoting/directly mentioning people also. That's more of what I meant by "unspoken rules." I wouldn't have known that unless someone told me. 
    TTC#1 April 2016

• Options
    By the way, I love your signature!!!
    TTC#1 April 2016