September 2015 Moms

Pet peeve time! Let's share!

2»

Re: Pet peeve time! Let's share!

• My father that hasn't bothered to talk to me since the 2 minute call I got for my birthday (which is actually father of the year behavior from him) called me Sunday night to inform me that he and my brothers would come up to visit Monday... I told him while I would love a visit we had a ton of work to do at the house to get ready for the week and he said "oh, we'll help" (my father has never done manual labor in his life) I spent all night stressing out about it and what I was going to feed them I'm a sahm, we aren't rolling in extra cash, and he never showed up, never even called... My parents are going to give me a stroke... Meanwhile I was informed by my SIL that my mother is selling my ducks that haven't even hatched yet and I looked and sure enough she has a pic of me holding one of the ducklings I'm keeping and it's an awful cleavage shot that I so didn't want on line so iasked her to take it down and she got all defensive, the damn things aren't even hatched yet and even if they had Facebook is not where I would choose to sell them... Aren't holiday weekends supposed to be restful?
  • Wow, there's some good stuff here. It's funny cause I only see my family and DH's a few times a year and it makes me sad not to have family nearby - but then when we are together I think maybe it's a good thing because they'd be driving me crazy if we did. We've been on vacation this week with my entire family, first time in 2 yrs we've all been together. They've been great, but I totally get grief about eating healthy and not letting LO have "the good stuff" and it's really damn annoying. The only things they try to feed him are crap, ice cream, etc. My SIL is a nutritionist and she gives me these looks when my dad is trying to shove whipped cream and ice cream in his mouth and I'm like, I know I know, but it's hard to be polite about it and not piss anyone off.

They're the same way with me- I wake up and it's"we got you three chocolate croissants and a box of lucky charms and we're making waffles with whipped cream and chocolate sauce" and I'm like... you people need to chill a bit with the bread and sugar. I know I ate that way when I was a teenager but I'm 34 now and I choose to eat a healthier diet. You should try it! I can't wait to see how they try to feed him when he's weaned