TTC After a Loss

Waiting to O : May edition

124»

Re: Waiting to O : May edition

• edited May 2016
    @BrightenMySky Right?! Where am I supposed to pull this motivation from? I feel guilty for not doing everything right but that doesn't help anyone or anything. So I have another iced latte instead. I used to switch over to decaf in the afternoon but now I don't even bother because it's a hassle to empty my hopper and switch the beans.

Edit: yesterday I thought I had the start of a migraine (don't get them too often, but do know the beginnings) so I pulled a shot of espresso at four in the afternoon. Just ridiculous, though it did work.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• I've become well-known enough at the place on the ground floor of my office building that they give me 2+ stamps on my buy 10, get 1 free card each time I come in...so how can I not, right?  Also restocked chocolate-covered espresso beans.  My RE's office is right next to a Trader Joe's, the only reason I'm not constantly in there is I usually am finished with the RE before TJ's open.  
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Loading the player...
  • @Wishilivedinflorida we must be in the same field because if you are ever seen without a cup of coffee something is up. I used to consume 3-4 quad lattes a day before TTC. I am trying to keep it at 1 cup then green tea this cycle. I feel bad if I slip up and have a flat white. I know it will make the detox that much worse some day
  • @SnobunnieMel Very similar line of work based on your siggy. I try not to put to much out here about my job because I'm always so paranoid someone will recognize me on here. But yeah, coffee is a religion in our field. In fact, I'm one cup in and I work the "twilight" shift tonight so there will be more in my future.  :D
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    Hurray for coffee- I am sticking to one cup of half-caff these days. When I was in school, working full time, and making the 95 mile round trip from home to work to school, my blood was at least 50% caffeine. 

CD11- inching closer to O- which should be around day 17-19.  I too am living the very sexy life of pee cups and wondfos. Thank goodness they are so cheap. I couldn't imagine shelling out beaucoup bucks for the digital OPKs.

I am recommitting myself to exercise- went for a short run yesterday in the oppressive humidity. The mid-atlantic is seriously the worst of both worlds when it comes to weather. I recognized I needed to make a diligent effort to get regular exercise- I put on some weight from sad-eating post-MC and not exercising is making my anxiety and depression much worse.  
  • +1 to caffeine addict. I've cut my daily double latte habit back to just 1 cup of regular coffee per day and i'm dragging, hopefully  my body adjusts quickly. 

this is the first month i'm charting with FF and my temps are all over the place. O day was moved from today to this past saturday so i'm either 1DPO or 3. either way it's time to head over to tww and let the crazy ensue. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • Temp drop this morning woot woot!!! Been getting +OPK since Saturday afternoon. Looking like 48 hours of + which is my longest yet. Combine that with the 4+ days of ovary pain I feel like they must be in hyperdrive this month. Thanks cohosh!!

im probably going to move on over to TWW, temps should rise tomorrow and the new crazy will ensue. Hope to have everyone over there soon 
  • Big temp spike today and as long as it stays up it puts O at yesterday. DH in his fever-induced stupor wanted to BD for good measure, so our timing wasn't as bad as it could have been. We got in -4,-3, and O. Gives me a little hope, but with DH's fever, who knows how high quality his "contribution" was....sigh. Heading to TWW now. 

@JDMRS I've recently committed to exercising more as well. The heat and humidity definitely has hampered my last couple runs. But I figure, at least I got out there! I have found it harder to shed the last few pounds of baby/sadness weight though. I blame the wacky hormones. I hope the exercise keeps your spirits up. 
  • @JDMRS this is me to a T...."put on some weight (18lbs to be exact) from sad-eating post-MC and not exercising is making my anxiety and depression much worse". Tomorrow I get my payout check got my vaca hours and I'm heading over to the gym in town for a membership! 

Will it get me kicked out of this group if I told you all I'm nearly 32 years old and have never had a cup of coffee? I don't drink tea or soda either, just water. I just may be the most boring person in this group, lol
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16

• BornReady said:mi
    Does anyone else have odd mood changes with O? I tested with OPKs yesterday AM, and got a Low on my Clearablue and negatives on my Wondfos. I had a great day at work, came home and went for a walk with DH after dinner. We were talking about something innocuous and I practically burst into tears! So emotional. Anyways, got home around 8, took a Wondfo because I was so out of it and figured something was up and got a blaring positive, stuck in a Clearable and got a Peak reading. What the eff, no warning at all. I also had total insomnia last night, I literally slept like an hour and a half. Bring on the TWW, hopefully my hormones will give me a break!

Yes if it's mid  cycle and I start bitching at DH big time (poor guy) he puts 2 and 2 together real  quick  and orders me to the bedroom. Lol. I also get more road rage when I'm gearing up to O.
  • @SoonToBeMommaHowe I've never had a cup of coffee either! My old roommate used to work at Starbucks and would regularly bring me home drinks to attempt to get me to drink coffee and start a habit, but I just never could. Unlike you, however, I do drink tea. Which I love.
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    @Wishilivedinflorida YES! I thought the same thing when I was out on my run this morning... That and maybe I should hit the treadmill on garbage day because summer garbage days stink. I live close to a Nabisco factory, so it usually smells like cookies outside but garbage day overpowers everything. 

@SoonToBeMommaHowe get it, girl! 

• @JDMRS Haha! Today is garbage day for me too. Plus we are backed up from the holiday so everyone's garbage has been sitting out for two days because our usual day is Tuesday. And what? It smells like cookies in your neighborhood?? That's amazing! 

Also, my heart hurts for @SoonToBeMommaHowe and @BornReady that you don't know the true nirvana of a good cup of coffee. ::moment of silence::
  • @Wishilivedinflorida thank you for the moment of silence, that cracked me up :smiley: 
    DH - 34, Me - 32
    Married 7/13
    TTC #1 since 10/13
    BFP 2/4/15, MC twin boys at 18w3d 5/15
    IUI #1 2/25/16