October 2016 Moms

Moms of Multiples 5/30

kmvisiolikmvisioli member
edited May 2016 in October 2016 Moms
Hope everyone had a restful weekend!

1. How far along and how many babies?

2. Upcoming appointments or milestones?

3. Rants/Raves/Positives?

4. Question of the week: Anyone have any favorite Mocktail recipes they're enjoying to get through the summer?

Re: Moms of Multiples 5/30

• kmvisiolikmvisioli member
    edited May 2016
    21+6, di-di twin boys

I have a dr appointment on Wednesday that I'm looking forward to. It's been a full 4 weeks since my last check-in!

A friend gave me her fetal doppler, and it is pretty awesome to listen to the babies every now and again :) On the negative side, my baby B is SO high up and to the right, I feel like I just can't sit comfortably without my ribs jamming into him.

4. Question of the week: Anyone have any favorite Mocktail recipes they're enjoying to get through the summer?
    My go-to lately has been club soda with lime juice and ginger simple syrup. Tastes like a Gin Rickey, minus the gin.
  • lmno304lmno304 member
    19w4d, di di twins, girl and boy

I have an appointment with MFM wednesday. I'm excited to see them again and get some good 2nd tri pics if they'll cooperate! Also looking for good news regarding Daisy's growth and Peter's echogenic bowel.

I have been so miserable this last week. The rash is still sticking around, going on three weeks! The doctor said it's a pregnant body's reaction to a viral infection and since we can't treat it as such all I can do is take antihistamines which has me in a stupor all day long! She said it should be the home stretch, and I have noticed less frequent itching, but I don't know if it's just because I'm better medicated

I'm not much of a drinker to begin with so no... I drink a lot (a whoooole lot) of decaf tea, lemonade, and milk.

Let me ask... how are y'all's works treating you and your pregnancy? I've been up for a promotion for about 6 months and it's looking less and less like it's going to happen before the babies come, but i was repeatedly told it would happen by the end of this month. My boss (who won't be the one promoting me) has told me it won't happen but I know that it's illegal not to promote me because I'm pregnant. I'm not any less capable or willing to do the job, I'm just pregnant. What should I do?
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How far along and how many babies?
    20 weeks 6 days di/di twins

We will FINALLY find out the genders this Saturday and we have another ultrasound next Tuesday.

Still having blackouts. Happened again this morning as I was getting ready to leave for work. Its so scary when it happens which I know makes the whole thing worse. Today I totally blacked out, got very hot and sweaty, and had trouble getting my breath so I was wheezing.

Ohhh my hubby made me a great homemade Margarita mocktail and I also had a good Mojito. Let me work on digging up those recipes and I will report back :)

Married 5.21.2011

TTC Since October 2012

Me: 36, all normal, DH: 43, MFI

IUI #1 & #2 - Sept & Oct 2014, BFN

IVF with ICSI #1 January 2015 - BFP, M/C Feb 2015

FET June 2015 = CP

IVF #2 September 2015 - Discovered during ER I had ovulated early, 0 retrieved

IVF with ICSI #3 January 2016 - BFP! Beta #1 - 839, Beta #2 - 3,192, Beta #3 - 15,000+ = TWINS!

EDD 10/12/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @lmno304 - Sorry you are dealing with that work situation. At my work, I can tell you that I have been told by a previous boss that I was getting a promotion only to find out when he moved onto a new position that it wasnt really going to happen for me. VERY disappointing to say the least, but what could I do about it? Also, things around here move at a snails pace so even if they told me something would happen by the end of the month, it would not necessarily happen at that time. I hope for your sake that nobody is judging you b/c you are pregnant, and that things are actually in the works but moving slower than expected. Best of luck to you.

Married 5.21.2011

TTC Since October 2012

FET June 2015 = CP

IVF with ICSI #3 January 2016 - BFP! Beta #1 - 839, Beta #2 - 3,192, Beta #3 - 15,000+ = TWINS!

EDD 10/12/16

BabyFruit Ticker

22 w 4 d, di di boy/girl twins

We have our first baby care class at the hospital this Saturday :).  Still a couple more weeks until our next U.S./appt at 24 weeks.

Rants ... Back pain like crazy :/

Raves ... My energy levels are more "normal" again.  I was able to hike and bike last weekend which felt so great! Although I crashed hard for a nap tonight lol

4. Question of the week: Anyone have any favorite Mocktail recipes they're enjoying to get through the summer? Watermelon blended with sparkling water/lemonade. Very refreshing!  I also drink la croix like it's going out of style :)
  • @lmno304  I feel lucky because my direct boss is very supportive.  I do feel like I have to constantly remind some people on my team that I am still capable of my job even though I'm pregnant, which is frustrating.   Is there someone in HR you could talk to?

@gobucksoh   :( take care of yourself!!  I hope they can help find a way to stop the blackouts soon. 
  • lmno304lmno304 member
    edited June 2016
    I work for a major corporate pharmacy chain, and while we have an "open door policy," and zero tolerance for retaliation, I've never seen it do much good, and more retaliation than i care to admit.
  • Update - here is the recipe my husband used to make me a Margarita Mocktail. It was wonderful!

2 ounces simple syrup

1 ounce lime juice

1 ounce lemon juice1 ounce orange juice ice lime wedge, for garnish

Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice, shake, and enjoy

Married 5.21.2011

TTC Since October 2012

FET June 2015 = CP

EDD 10/12/16

BabyFruit Ticker

21w, 3d (boy/girl twins)

5th month regular OB apt next Monday & 2nd anatomy scan to catch a few measurements we missed when the twins weren't cooperative at the first scan.  Hoping to see them a bit clearer this time.  So ready to hit that viability mark in 2 1/2 weeks!

Rants:  My emotions are so crazy right now.  I went through until the past week wondering where all of the weepiness was that I had during my first pregnancy.  I'm definitely going to talk it over at my appointment next week. 

Also, morning sickness, I'm so over it.  Why, why, why won't it ever go away?!

Does lemonade count?  :)  That's all I have energy to make, and that's with the powdered mix.  Tending to a very active 3 year old, working full time, and having a summer pregnancy in the South at my age is no joke.   

• @girvin21 A hike and bike??! I'm so impressed! I am so achey and tired, I barely have the energy to go up and down the stairs in my house throughout the day. Hope you have fun at your baby care class! I bet that's a great spot to meet some new friends, too. Your blended watermelon sounds delicious!

Thanks for the recipe idea @GoBucksOH!

I had a quick little appointment this morning- everything is looking good, and now I'm on the every 2 weeks schedule. Makes me feel like I'm getting close!
  • @kmvisioli I was wondering when everyone would start going more often.  I guess everyone's OB has a different approach on this.  I'm hoping to get more info on scheduling from mine next week so I can plan my upcoming time off from work appropriately.

19+4 twin girls

Regular OB checkup (waste of time, it seems) is 6/9 but we FINALLY got our first appointment/anatomy scan with the MFM on 6/23. I'll be almost 23 weeks along. So late, just glad it's actually scheduled. 

Rants: I just wish I knew these babies were in perfect health  I don't know how people did it/do it without seeing doctors or ultrasounds. 

Raves: I can always see where Baby B is sitting - she's always higher and there is always a bulge. baby A is so low that she constantly kicks my cervix and bladder. It just makes me laugh that they are so different and that I can see different bulges in my belly. 

if I'm out somewhere and people are drinking, Sprite with cranberry and a lime is nice to sip on. Other than that, La Croix over here too. I drink a few cans a day. 

PS: my OB said we wouldn't start seeing her twice a month until somewhere between 26-30 weeks.    

Twins! B/B, maybe B/G.

A/S on 6/10

Rant: I am done.  I seriously have no idea how I am going to make it the next 15 weeks. And I hate saying that because I know how lucky I am to be pregnant, but being pregnant with twins + a toddler + working 50+ hours a week is seriously, seriously draining.

Rave: I love feeling them move around.  Even if it wakes me up multiple times a night.

Virgin margs all day.

Me: 28  DH: 27
    TTC since 2011
    IVF #1 June 2013 DD born: 2/25/14
    IVF #2 January 2016 Double Transfer: 1/28/2016
    First Beta: 108 Second Beta: 360.3
    Twins EDD: 10/13/2016
  • @nlane0723 I hear you on being done. My H has been gone 2 weeks out of every month for this whole pregnancy, so I am wrangling our 1-yr old alone. My whole body hurts, and I feel like my attitude is just as bad. My first pregnancy was the dreamy "no symptom, super easy, barely showed until the end" kind...this is just a whole different ballgame. We will do it somehow!

@JessK1014 I think my schedule is every 2 weeks starting at 24, then every week starting at 30/32, unless it seems warranted sooner.
  • @JessK1014   I think I start bi weekly at 28 or 30 weeks - which I'm sure will be here before I know it! 
  • Googling La Croix now.  I've never noticed it in the stores around here.  Where do you purchase yours?
  • I just searched and it says I can purchase at Food Lion or Walmart.  I'll be on the lookout for it. 
  • 1.How far along? 22w2d with twin boys.

2. Upcoming? We have our first class next week at the hospital - newborn twin parenting. We are both super exciting to start learning more about twins and newborns in general!

3. Rants - Not being able to go anywhere without panicking about where the nearest bathroom is.
    Raves - Finally getting a break from doctor's appts and ultrasounds. I miss seeing my babies on the regular, but I don't miss the doctor's office!

4. Virgin cocktail? Virgin margaritas - frozen or on the rocks.
  • @eowens95 newborn twin parenting class?? Awesome! Is that offered through your hospital? I just started looking into meet-up groups and support groups for MoMs, which I might check out this month.

Everyone is mentioning La Croix. I haven't tried that, but I have been buying the slim cans or mini cans of flavored Perrier. Currently enjoying a grapefruit one.
  • @kmvisioli yes, our hospital offers a twins class!  The other major hospital offers a twins breastfeeding class, so we are taking that too.  We live in a major city so I think that's why they have these classes?  I guess we're lucky! There is also a support group for parents of multiples that we will be joining.  I'm really looking for to meeting others like us!

I love La Croix also!  I am getting so sick of regular water, so it's time to go get some. :)

• I know I asked a couple weeks ago, but how are your babies measuring? Mine still have a big difference between them, and as a FTM it's really starting scare me. At my appointment this Wed, one was measuring almost a week larger than EDD, but my girl is measuring almost 4 weeks behind. The MFM doc is so sweet and kind and is really trying to ease my fears, and most of the time I can roll with whatever she tells me, but this time she said we could lose her if we don't see more growth. She did say she might just be small and we could see a big spurt in the next few weeks, but now I'm terrified of losing her.
  • @lmno304 can you tell a distinct difference in sizes when you see them on the ultrasound? Or would you not know the difference if it weren't for being told? Only curious because they haven't been measured by our Doctor yet but we have seen them on elective scans. FX for you that little lady speeds up!
  • I can't really tell personally. But the tech kept saying things like "I can't get a good view of ___ bc baby b is so tiny" and then the dr came in saying she's around tge 5th percentile or lower. She's measuring 16 weeks or so and I'm at 20, so it doesn't sound so scary until she said we could lose her. I'm trying really hard to be positive, which is not at all in my nature, but i have to admit I'm not as upset as i thought i would be getting news like this. But structurally, she's well developed, from what can be seen, except for echogenic bowel, which can easily be nothing, according to the doc 
  • @lmno304 I haven't had an u/s in over a month, so I can't speak to mine right now, but just wanted to say I'm sorry you're dealing with that stress! I can imagine how scary that would be! I have heard it's not unusual for twins to measure differently, but don't know what is "normal"
  • That's nuts. So crazy how these things can happen, I didn't even realize it could happen like that. Can you feel her move around or just your boy? Sorry if I am too pressing, please do not feel obligated to answer. 
  • She moves more than he does, and she has a totally normal heart rate. Though she is right in front of him so it's easier to feel her move. But in the u/s she was all over the place. She's just about half his size. He's about 11oz and she's just over 6oz
  • @lmno304 well please keep us updated, my thoughts are definitely with you and fingers are crossed that she hits her growth spurt. ❤️
  • I should know more at my next appointment in 3 weeks. I appreciate y'all listening and keeping us in your thoughts
  • @lmno304 have your twins measured far apart the entire time? I wonder if they implanted at different times and that could explain the size gap. Not sure if it makes much difference either way, but just a thought.
  • All of my early ultrasounds showed them very close together in size, but a has always been bigger than b. Since my NT scan about 2 months ago, the gap has gotten bigger and bigger, but she's still growing, just slowly. I've read that as long as she grows along her own curve, she doesn't need to follow a specific pattern. The most concerning thing is that they're growing differently. It could be a genetic abnormality causing it, it could be that her placenta is a little smaller than his, or she could just be small period. Like i said, I'm trying to stay positive and eat a lot more and rest more, even if it won't help anything, what will it hurt? I guess it might sound bad, but I don't want just one baby anymore... not that I won't be happy with one... 
  • @lmno304My thoughts are with you and your babies. Hopefully she will have a growth spurt before your next ultrasound. Fingers crossed. I'm glad you are taking it easy. That's all you can do! To answer your question, my babies have been measuring about the same so far, but maybe that's because they are both boys? Keep us posted when you can.
  • **Lurking**
    I'm not a mom of multiples, but I am a twin and it's fascinating to me to hear about the experience of carrying twins!

@GoBucksOH Do your blackouts happen mainly when you get overheated? I used to have that happen to me if I got too hot, took a hot shower especially, or if I was doing something that got my heart rate and blood pressure up too high. I hope your blackouts stop! I know they can be scary!

@lmno304 If I may add my two cents, I would very matter-of-factly discuss your promotion with your hiring supervisor and your HR department, and be very to the point about your concerns about it in relation to your pregnancy. Talking to your boss about your plans regarding mat leave and when you plan to return will also surely help substantially. Best of luck with your promotion! FX you get it!
    Also, my mom said with my sister and I, my sister always measured much smaller than I did, and was significantly smaller when we were born but (by 2lbs!) same thing happened with my younger twin brothers, so there is a good possibility she is just a little lady and all will be well! Sending good vibes and best wishes your way for you and your wee ones ♡

• @lmno304. I don't have anything to add but just wanted to let you know that you and your babies are in my thoughts.