January 2017 Moms
Options

Tuesday Ticker Change (5/31/16)

What's new with baby (size, development)?

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival?

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: 

When is your next appointment? 

GTKY: What's the most exciting adventure you've ever had (whether that's physically experiential, emotional, or intellectual!)

Re: Tuesday Ticker Change (5/31/16)

• Options
    canavaracanavara member
    edited May 2016
    What's new with baby (size, development)? 9 weeks. Baby is the size of a green olive, a cherry, or a... lug nut? Haha. ETA: Baby is a fetus today :smiley: Yay!

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? I've been reading books lately. I picked up a book when I was in Denmark last week called "The Danish Way of Parenting" and I really love it so far. It basically encourages you to parent a child in a way that promotes a "growth mindset" vs. a "fixed mindset"... the idea is that you give praise for actions and habits that lead to success ("You worked really hard on that and you did a great job!") instead of just showering with attribute-based praise ("You're really smart!") and encouraging free play as opposed to being super stressful with organized activities. Most of it is a bit of a ways off but I like reading it now... and I certainly did notice that 100% of the children I saw in Denmark (and there were a LOT) were very well behaved, happy, and seemed to have very loving relationships with their parents.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I think I woke up to some mild spotting this morning. I haven't had any since ~5 weeks so I'm a little nervous about it... *TMI* but it doesn't even show up when I wipe, it's just a faint light brown tinge in my CM that's left on my pantyliner. */TMI* I've been having some really light cramping this morning too. I'm trying to not let myself get stressed out over it because I feel like I may have just over-exerted myself yesterday hiking. Just going to rest today and hope it stops. Not much else I can do :) Morning sickness is still cray cray.

When is your next appointment? Very first appointment is in a week! OH and I are both extremely excited.

GTKY: What's the most exciting adventure you've ever had (whether that's physically experiential, emotional, or intellectual!) I didn't have this answer in mind when I set up the GTKY but after thinking about it a minute, and this is going to sound really unconventional and possibly weird--I had a close family member steal my identity a few years back... which doesn't sound like it would be an "adventure" but it was such a messy legal procedure that took over half a year to sort out with police, lawyers, a loan company, and a bunch of other creditors... I had so many moments of guilt, self-doubt, depression, and feeling like I didn't have the strength to power through it.... and then ultimately, I did. I'm a very different person today as a result of that sad thing happening, and even though I am now estranged from that family member which is really sad, I know who I am and who the important people in my life truly are... and I'm really happy for that.
  • Options
    What's new with baby (size, development)? 5 weeks, the size of a dot snail (you know, those teeny tiny, itty bitty snails)

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? Not a whole lot, I'm afraid to do much until after I hear a heartbeat 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: The little shooting pains I was having have subsided, so I feel much better about life. Morning sickness has yet to rear its ugly head, but I'm expecting it any day now. Very slightly sore boobs, but nothing aside from that (which is kind of worrisome, but doing my best to be optimistic)

When is your next appointment? first appointment is June 20, seems so far away...

GTKY: What's the most exciting adventure you've ever had (whether that's physically experiential, emotional, or intellectual!) I once got lost in Paris with my sister and her family, and it was quite the adventure. We kept asking people for directions and no one would give us the time of day. Someone finally pointed us in the direction of Planet Hollywood, just because we were American, I guess, and we thought that was pretty hilarious. I've also been skydiving a few times, which is insane to me now and I would never do it again.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Jan '17 August siggy challenge: Cat fails

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @Dinozaur Haha your Paris story is awesome. Hopefully the people at Planet Hollywood were able to get you directions :) The whole spiral configuration of arrondissements there is so confusing.
  • Options
    Baby is the size of a rasberry.
    Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival?
    Nothing yet. We are waiting until after our next appointment.
    My desire to eat anything is completely gone. 
    June 7th!
    GTKY: What's the most exciting adventure you've ever had (whether that's physically experiential, emotional, or intellectual!)
    Zip lining through the rain forest in Costa Rica was an amazing experience.
  • Options
    What's new with baby (size, development)? I'm also 9 weeks today! Peanut is a fetus now and moving all around! I can't wait to feel it!

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? I bought some maternity dresses from Motherhood Maternity. I definitely popped over the weekend (I know it's not the baby yet) and I work in an office. With 80 degree highs all week, I need to be comfortable! 

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: The bump is here and it's starting to feel real! I can't even imagine how I'll look at 12 weeks when the uterus shifts. Also we had a wedding this weekend and I was found out by a few friends who are also pregnant or recently had babies. Not drinking wine at a vineyard and my changing body tipped off the girls who have been there. My morning sickness also seems to be at an all time. Oh - my belly is hot! I feel hot all the time and it seems like I'm radiating heat. DH said he could feel the temperature difference in my belly too. 

When is your next appointment? My next ultrasound is June 21. I can't wait to see Peanut again! 

GTKY: What's the most exciting adventure you've ever had (whether that's physically experiential, emotional, or intellectual!) Well this is pretty much it so far! Falling in love was also terrifying and exciting. And college made me who I am today. Otherwise I'm pretty ordinary. I don't particularly enjoy exciting adventures. I'll take a night at home snuggled on the couch any day! 
  • Options
    Hi friends! Monday is technically my ticker change, but I'll post here.

Baby is now the size of a lentil/sweet pea/rainbow sprinkle. lol. It has little arm and leg buds and may even be waving them around a little! Apparently the heart starts to beat this week. :smile: 

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival?  I have started a babylist registry (I love babylist), but that's about it. I researched and decided on the kind of cloth diapers I want to use!

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Not many symptoms here. Just some minor fatigue (nothing like the exhaustion people talk about), some intestinal discomfort, and acid reflux in the form of excess mucus in my throat that I can't cough up--ew.

When is your next appointment? My next/first appointment isn't until 12 weeks...July 12. So. far. away. 42 days!

GTKY: What's the most exciting adventure you've ever had (whether that's physically experiential, emotional, or intellectual!)  Last summer, I decided to take a solo trip to the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in Pine Ridge, South Dakota, to work on a non-evangelical service trip. It was the furthest I'd ever driven by myself, and I was going to be working on the Rez with absolute strangers. It was a completely life-changing trip and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.  
    Computer Hope
    TTC January 2016
    BFP May 17, 2016
    DS born January 31st, 2017: Rory "Mac" MacKinnon

• Options
    8 weeks today. My little one is size of a kidney bean.

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? not really.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: still little symptoms. It's weird. I want reassurance! Mild and occasional nausea but mild. 

When is your next appointment? june 28. Seems so far and it's killing me!

GTKY: What's the most exciting adventure you've ever had (whether that's physically experiential, emotional, or intellectual!) deep sea fishing! That was amazing!!
  • Options
    egilonaegilona member
    What's new with baby (size, development)? 7 weeks - Size of a blueberry, making some brain cells, etc.

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? Same as last week, mostly. Currently making pretty strong headway through The Informed Parent: A Science-Based Resource for Your Child's First Four Years, since I haven't been able to haul myself out of bed/off the couch much over the past couple of days.

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: I've been experiencing unrelenting, intolerable nausea for the past 40 hours or so. Threw up yesterday afternoon, had diarrhea this morning. No idea if this is just my "morning sickness" kicking it up a notch, food poisoning, or a stomach bug, and I wish there were some sort of reliable way to tell. This is also terrible timing, since I've got tickets to see Louis C.K. tonight and a formal observation (teacher) at work tomorrow. If this keeps on as is, I am 100% certain that I will be in no shape to go to that show or to even go in to work tomorrow, much less deal with being observed.

When is your next appointment? First appointment is today! It's with my regular doctor (a family practitioner; I don't have an OB yet), so not sure how in-depth it will be or what to expect. I had been hoping that I might get an ultrasound anyway, but right now I'm hoping for some sort of response to this nausea more than anything else.

GTKY: What's the most exciting adventure you've ever had (whether that's physically experiential, emotional, or intellectual!) Probably my trip to Europe last summer. It was my first trip overseas, and while we didn't go anywhere that more seasoned travelers would probably consider "adventurous" (Berlin, Prague, & Stockholm), it was pretty intense to fit all that into a week of travel, especially considering we were all basically first-time travelers (outside of the US). I was particularly proud that everything we planned worked out perfectly; we never got lost or came close to missing a flight/train/etc.
    Me 32 | DH 32
    married 9/15
    DD: 1/17/17
    #2 due 7/26/20!

• Options
    I'm either a Monday or Tuesday change, and I don't think I saw a post for yesterday, so I'll go here for now :) 

9 weeks. Cherry or sweet pecan. Graduated to fetus (at least I hope that little bugger did!)

Not really. We probably won't for a few more weeks. I am waiting to see how my ultrasound at 10 weeks goes and my OB appointment at 12 weeks. 

Sore boobs. Feeling of general laziness/fatigue. I had some quick, short pains very low in my abdomen last night. It was almost directly center and not on one side. Bizarre. 

ultrasound at 10 weeks, OB at 12 weeks. 

Backpacking through Europe, probably. 
  • Options
    cjs260cjs260 member
    Raspberry size, no more tail, organs beginning to function. 

Starting to clear out the nursery (which is currently the study/junk room)

I'm just a moody twat, honestly. Everything is getting on my nerves. 

June 14th 

Hmmm... probably my elopement out to Colorado. H and I went to Telluride Bluegrass Festival and got married while we were out there! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• Options
    What's new with baby (size, development)? baby is the size of a raspberry, taste buds are starting to form and arms and legs are wiggling around

Even though it's early, is there anything you're doing to plan/get ready for the baby's arrival? I bought DD a couple of books about being a big sister and what it's like with a new baby

Rant/rave/symptoms/questions: Sooooooo Nauseous all the time, I just want to feel normal for a day and not want to throw up all the time. 

When is your next appointment? I have my first ultrasound on Thursday Morning and my next doctor's appointment is Friday afternoon.

GTKY: What's the most exciting adventure you've ever had (whether that's physically experiential, emotional, or intellectual!) Being a mom to my daughter has been the most exciting adventure of my life so far.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

6 Weeks- Baby is the size of a sweet pea

Still no real prep for this LO, although my pinterest is full of nursery ideas!

Sore boobs, and had a bit of nausea today. Haven't had much of MS so I really hope it isn't coming on.

Next appointment is tomorrow! First sonogram! The results from my two blood test last week came back normal, so hoping to see a healthy LO tomorrow!

We are currently in the middle of buying our fixer upper dream home. We've sold our home and moved in with the in-laws. Didn't think I would be pregnant for the renovations, but excited to get started. I'm really nervous about running into problems, that I won't be able to help as much as I would like to, the amount of time and money it will take while getting ready for the new baby, but I'm confident DH and I will make it into our dream home and I can't wait!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers