October 2016 Moms

Health and Fitness Check-in (5.30.16)

What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  

What is your fitness goal this week?  

Any challenges this week?  

How did you do with your goals last week? 

GTKY: Do you have any summer vacation plans?

Re: Health and Fitness Check-in (5.30.16)

• What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  More variety.  I'm at 21 weeks, which means fetus is swallowing more amniotic fluid.  I want to make sure he gets a variety of tastes in utero.

What is your fitness goal this week?  Run at least 30 minutes six days a week and do some stretching/yoga.

Any challenges this week?  When I run, I feel like I need to pee the entire time.  Yesterday, I stopped twice to go to the bathroom and I still felt like I had to go. 

How did you do with your goals last week?  Not great.  I ate a lot of junk food and I took two days off from exercising.

GTKY: Do you have any summer vacation plans? Nope, though I may push my husband to take two trips so our son can see our families before the new baby is born.
  • Health/Nutrition goal: be more judicious with my healthy food choices (I've been bad the last few days). 

Fitness goal: 
    get to the gym 2x this week and at least one walk

Challenges: 
    really bad knee pain :(

Last week: 
    weekdays I was fine with my eating but I only got to the gym once. This weekend was awful for eating (and I don't do the gym on the weekends, childcare closed and I work)

GTKY: 
    no plans, sadly

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • What is your health/nutrition goal this week? I have been eating a lot more fruit and a variety of them  

What is your fitness goal this week?  Try to get to the gym 3 times not 1 

Any challenges this week?  Swelling legs and feet

How did you do with your goals last week?  My goal was to walk 30 minutes a day which I did most days other than yesterday. He humidity sky rocketed in Ontario so my but was parked on the couch

GTKY: Do you have any summer vacation plans? We plan a 10 day adventure with kids and my father.  Then go visit my mom where my son and I camp in 50 aches with a bathroom near by lol

• What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  
    Eat healthy and gain 1/2 lb max
    workout (more than walking) at least 3x
    Holiday eating and just being tired 
    Walked at least 40 min 4 days but eating was bad.  Managed to maintain weight
    Hubs has conference in Orlando so we are taking advatage of free hotel.  Since we've been to Disney over 10x we are skipping parks and just chilling at the pool. Other than that just playing by ear
  • What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  Stop with the constant snacking, it's never ending! And when I do snack, more fruits and veggies and less sweets and carbs. I just need to be more mindful of whether I'm actually hungry.

What is your fitness goal this week?  Get some form of movement every day!  I feel so much better when I do, but it's so hard to motivate sometimes.  I've been doing elliptical, yoga and barre classes at the gym, and at home I have a prenatal barre DVD and can walk the dogs.

Any challenges this week?  Sticking with planned meals.  For budgeting reasons, I've been trying to get better about planning all of our meals ahead so I don't buy more than needed at the grocery store.  I try to plan easy meals on evenings I know I'll be stressed, so hopefully it goes smoothly.

How did you do with your goals last week?   Last week was crazy stressful at work and the week before that I was a mess with bad allergies, so I've been spending a lot of time on the couch after work.  And that coincided with a lot of snacking.   But I think it's what my body needed, I was so damn tired every day after work.  

GTKY: Do you have any summer vacation plans? Haha vacation, what's that?! Sadly I'm squirreling all of my vacation days aways so I can get paid for some of my maternity leave, so no vacation for me.  DH's aunt has a time share in a beautiful house at Table Rock in July and MIL, FIL, SIL and her SO will all be there too.  She has the rental for a week but we can only go for two days so I only have to take one day off  :(

Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• What is your health/nutrition goal this week? As always, eat more vegetables and I've really got to cut down on sweets. 

What is your fitness goal this week? I recently quit running because I was having the same problem @ignoscemihi is having. No matter how many times I emptied my bladder, I constantly felt like I had to pee. Walking, zumba, and yoga have become my activities of choice, so my goal is to continue with those. 

Any challenges this week? DH is working Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights so the temptation to get take-out for dinner will be especially intense this week. 

How did you do with your goals last week? Pretty well, I think. I gained one pound, but that's considered normal at this point, I believe. 

GTKY: Do you have any summer vacation plans? We took our vacation earlier this month. The rest of the summer will be spent chilling at home, preparing for baby, saving money, and enjoying the time we have left together as a family of 2 :)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  Eat healthy snacks in between meals this week. Last week I was having too much junk food. I need to take healthy snacks to work.

What is your fitness goal this week?  Do my pregnancy workout DVD 2-3 times this week to mix up the walking outside. It's so hot this week!!

Any challenges this week?  Work has a bunch of junk food in the kitchen everyday for us to help ourselves to. I really need to stop indulging and bringing my own snacks.

How did you do with your goals last week?  Fair. Definitely room for improvement.

GTKY: Do you have any summer vacation plans?  Hubby and I are going to take a week off and do the touristy stuff around our city!! We wanted to go to the Caribbean, but with Zika, we decided to do a staycation, and I am very excited about it!!

• What is your health/nutrition goal this week?  Eat more fruits and veggies and consume as much water as possible.

What is your fitness goal this week?  walk and do yoga more. I've been so tired lately, thus causing me to neglect working out and activate 3hr naps. :(

Any challenges this week?  SO has been really craving fast food so I'm trying to avoid getting it when he does.

How did you do with your goals last week?  I'm going to be honest I didn't set one *side eye*

GTKY: Do you have any summer vacation plans? So and I always do the "Michigan Yard Sale Trail" and end it with the a Cheeseburger festival so we're planning on doing that again. Hoping I can tolerate it fine since I'll be 7 months then and Michigan summers are humid imo at least compared to my home state of CA.

SO and I have been together: 5 Years+
    BFP: 03/10
    First Baby: 10/20/2016
  • @CopperBoom86 I mentioned the running problem at my doctor's appointment yesterday and the nurse practitioner suggested wearing a support band or a girdle.  I haven't tried it yet because the urge has eased up a bit (only had to stop once during my 40 minute run this morning), but if it comes back, I'm going to give it a try.
  • Wayyyyyyy late to the party :/ 

What is your health/nutrition goal this week?

Lay off the snacking and sugar. As always. Need to up my water intake also. 

I started a goal do 100 miles of cardio (running, walking, biking, elliptical) in June. So far I have clocked 6. 
    I want to add in some leg and butt exercises. 

Finally feeling 100% after having the stomach bug this past weekend. That was awful. 
    Amy dog's health has also went completely downhill. 

Good! I had a goal to do 5 miles at least 5 of the days and I met that. I also ate really well. 

Lots of camping!

Fell in love: Dec 2005 // Married: Feb 9, 2013

Little Miss Rosalie Harper--Born Jan 9th, 2014