May 2016 Moms

TTT 5/31

Ten things Tues, y'all. 

1. I'm so excited to see the late due date mama's birth announcements!!

2. I'm having DS tongue tie corrected this morning. My nipples have been brutalized for 9 days and 11 o'clock can't come soon enough. 

3. DS is a much better at eating than DD. He's very alert and really wants to eat! So much easier than my eternally sleepy DD. 

4. H goes back to work today and has an work overnight from Thursday til Friday.  I'm shitting my pants. I have no idea how to handle my toddler and an infant. There have been several moments where I thought: "you really aren't cut out for this. What were you thinking!?" 

5. I am in full on zombie mom mode but I look at my kids and I am filled with happiness. Completely cliche, but they give me strength and energy every day. 

6. H and I took a trip to Target to return our going home outfit if we had a little girl. When we got there, H looked at me with puppy dog eyes and said, "What about our next little girl though? We should keep the outfit." He melted me ! <3 It was then that we knew we both wanted a third. 

7. It's been hotter than that lately. I love the warm weather but the humidity is grosssssss! 

8. I am hoping the DS' weight is above his birth weight so that we can start to feed on his cues rather than every 2 hours. 

9. I had an entire Sam Smith strawberry ale last night. Those beers are giant and I finished the whole thing and have no remorse. #zeroeffs 

10. I made it to 10. This, in and of itself is a small miracle. 

Have a great day, ladies! 

Re: TTT 5/31

• 1. DH is back at work and so is my mom. Today's the first day where LO and I are at this alone.
    2. We're going to try and visit my school today. The kids have field day and they're out Thursday so this will be my final goodbye.
    3. I'm plan to use my Happy wrap to keep the germy kids away.
    4. I bought a K'tan for DH and a Happy wrap for me. I like my Happy wrap but wish I had a K'tan because its so much easier to put on. 
    5. Originally I planned to be a SAHM but now I'm not sure I'd be satisfied. To work or not to work.... that is the question.
    6. I looked at pictures from delivery day and got super sad. My baby already looks more mature and bigger.
    7. I've really gotta get my eating under control. For 2 weeks I've eaten whatever I want but I don't think that's going to keep working. 
    8. Thank you to whoever suggested the Bellefit. I love mine. I'm finally down to the smaller hooks on my corset style
    9. Our neighborhood pool is open so I need a mommy swimsuit. My stretchmarks say no more bikinis. I really hate swimsuit shopping. I'm thinking something high waist. Anyone have suggestions on where to shop?
    10. How am I going to breastfeed and swim? Are there clipdown swim tops?
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • 1. Alex is now above his birth weight! 
    2. He started pulling faces and they are adorable. I giggle at this child. 
    3. I started dipping my toes back into work stuff last week already (Alex is two weeks today) and I think I will be able to balance - IF he stays the way he is now... Lucky I work from home.
    4. DH is still home for this week, working, and I really REALLY hope it can go on like this forever! 
    5. Winter baby is no fun with no central heating. I hate getting up at 11pm and 2am for the feedings. I feel worse for Alex though when I have to change him! 
    6. Got the flu. Am now on my second course of antibiotics in two weeks' time. 
    7. DH and I have our first date this weekend since baby, looking forward to it and to seeing how we'll do without him. 
    8. I am totally annoying people on my Facebook with baby pics and I honestly don't give a damn! 
    9. Not being able to drive for 6 weeks is going to become annoying real soon. I miss the independence. 
    10. Looking forward to some series with DH when he stops working! 
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. I have no sense of what day it is. 

2. Micah's 2 week appointment is tomorrow, and I, too, hope he's back to birth weigh because I hate waking him up to eat. 

3. I used to think breastfeeding was weird (pre-preg), but it's been going so well for me and Micah. I'm so glad that I tried it. 

4. To say DH is obsessed with the baby is an understatement. I got frustrated during pregnancy several times when he was just completely disconnected, but I guess he's just one of those that didn't get a sense of becoming a father until the baby was born. 

5. Babies come with So. Much. Laundry. 

6. My SIL and her 3 kids (ages 4, 3, and 4 months) are coming to stay with us this weekend, and I dread it. 

7. I think I will be "feeding the baby" a lot while they're here. 

8. Our dog HATES the Rockaroo. He will not walk near it even when it's not on. 

Married: May 2012
    DS1: May 2016
    DS2: Jan 2019
    Baby #3 EDD: 6/18/24

• 1) I'm back to feeling normal 2.5 weeks after my c-section and I'm extremely annoyed I can't exercise until I get cleared by my doctor and that next appointment isn't until the end of June. Grrr. 

2) I'm very thankful that Evelyn is SO FAR *knock of wood* an easy child. She is content in her rockers, and swings, and loves to be cuddled but it ok with being put down so I'm actually able to get stuff done. 

3) Also I love that she's a solid sleeper that I can pick up and carry upstairs without waking up. 

4) I'm still nervous to take a shower without my hubby home. Mostly because I"m terrified she'll start wailing while I'm in the shower. 

5) I'm having a hard time waking up to pump at night since she's sleeping longer. So I've been pumping every 2-3 hours during the day to keep up with her appetite but going 5-7 hours at night without pumping. I'm afraid it's messing with my supply. 

6) I've also not been able to keep any stockpiled. I had 2 bags of breastmilk in the freezer that I ended up having to thaw and use because she had a sudden increase in appetite. 

7) I hate mixing formula when I can't keep up with her. I don't have a problem with using formula- but I worry that despite following the instructions I'm mixing it wrong. 

8) I'm going to make some energy bites later today that have ingredients that are supposed to help increase supply. I'm pretty excited about them. 

9) My hubby is AMAZING with her. She LOVES cuddling with him and we have a pretty good routine down, or we did- now we're having to re-do it since DH went back to work today. 

10) The dogs are doing SO WELL with her! We love it. 

• 1.  Husband returned to work today.  I'm a little sad because even though he couldn't do too much to help with Harper it was just nice to have him home.
    2.  We had an busy weekend of Harper meeting tons of family!
    3.  As much as I love introducing my daughter to family, I'm pretty relieved to just be staying home today to relax because I felt like I was over doing it being only a week PP.  My bleeding increased a little bit and it was just exhausting!
    4.  It's only been a week and two days since I gave birth but I am SUPER over the bleeding/leaking... 
    5.  I feel like we got really lucky with how calm Harper is and how well we're all adjusting, but I feel like she's too good to be true.
    6.  I feel kinda bad for our dog.  He just seems so sad now that he's not our number 1 baby anymore.  He's still a little unsure about this tiny human living in his home, but the first thing he did when we came home from the hospital was smell her and gently lick her head.
    7.  So the only people who knew I was in labor at the hospital were my sister, best friend & one of my husband's friends.  The first person I called after having my daughter was my mom and her response was "I'm mad at you for not telling me."  Shocker..
    8.  I think I'll make one of my freezer meals for dinner tonight so husband doesn't have to cook.
    9.  I need to do laundry too but I don't want to get off the couch & have to take Harper off my chest.
    10.  I'm hungry.  So maybe I should get off the couch..
  • 1. DS just had his first blowout. He wasn't very happy.
    2. That being said, Honest diapers suck at containing poop. Pampers FTW.
    3. I hate work right now. They royally screwed up my health insurance. They're talking with the brokers and trying to resolve everything (I have nothing to worry about apparently), but they have made my maternity leave a miserable process thus far. All bc they 'forgot' some very simple things.
    4. DS is finally sleeping again. I'm guessing all that crying from earlier finally tired him out.
    5. I should probably try and get some sleep, but of course I just had some coffee and am wide awake so doing laundry instead.
    6. Impatiently waiting for work to give me some sort of update on my insurance. Of course they found out they messed up the last day of the month when everything is due and I'm sure they're just taking their sweet time right now.
    7. I desperately need to get out of the house. It's been since last Thursday. I'm going insane. I'm not brave enough to attempt a trip anywhere without DH though so here I sit.
    8. The dog is finally warming up to the baby and isn't completely petrified by his noises and crying.
    9. I really need a shower. Of course I'm always nervous about taking one while DH isn't here to keep an eye on DS.
    10. Yay lunch time. And I actually get to eat since DS went to sleep. :)
  • 1. We had such a fun long weekend. Sad to see it end. I love how LO is so easy going and fits right into our lifestyle. 

2. I took DD2 and the baby to the movies Friday. The baby slept the whole time. Thank goodness. 

3. LO is a month old on the 2nd. Time flies. 

4. Getting my hair done tomorrow. Can't wait! 

5. Had my first pp nookie this weekend. Needed that! I had been emotional about not being intimate with my hubby or having some alone time with him so that definitely helped. 

6. My daughter is going to the river with my BIL and family this weekend. I'm so jealous. Usually we vacation with them but can't go because of having a newborn. She'll have fun though. 

7. My mom is pouting because I didn't make time to see her this weekend. She knew we had plans all weekend. Yet does she make an effort to come to my house to see her granddaughters after work? No. 

8. Baby is napping and I should be cleaning house but I'm eating a late lunch and on here.